Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #1361
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Love and life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
It looks like it is back to chemo for my mom. We went in June and her CA125 was 15 and yesterday it was at 39. Next Wednesday they will do another CT scan and then we'll discuss what to do next. She has been on a break because they said she couldn't handle any more chemo. Yesterday they said because her cancer came back once before it will most likely be recurring. The oncologist said that just like some people take medicine for high blood pressure she will need chemo to treat cancer most likely until the end of her life. After leaving the hospital my mom said that it will probably kill her.

I just don't know anymore. I don't know what it means for either of us. Just when you think it's gone it rears it's ugly head and punches you right in the gut.
Wrangler, I had nine years of silence.
Have you been able to talk to anyone about your Mom, other than the oncologist? Modifying dosing treatments for her. Has radiation been done, or not effective for her situation? Do you have a local cancer organization, or hospital support group, so you can talk and hear about others successes.

I had endometrial cancer in 2004, radical surgery, then a recurrence in 2013. I underwent 28 radiation and brachytherapy treatments versus chemo which was not effective for my type of reoccurance.

Being tired and sick of the treatment is so difficult. I feel for you, and understand where you Mom is coming from. But, please look into talking , and options, and others who have been there. Don't need to be alone. Warmest regards. Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #1362
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hello everyone

Well been through hell and back. Tough part over and back to work a few weeks now. I want to hopefully get 1 more year then retire. Working gets my brain firing and that is what I need now. Doing what the doctors told me to do. Feeling better and I still have a long way to go. Thank you all for your support and you all know you have mine. I love you all very much.. Rustedrims Sheila
Old 09-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #1363
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

I am doing real good and back at work. Things are going well at work and remembering my job. I am glad I am back. It is my therapy and gets my brain a cracking and snapping. Forget about the surgery the thing is I haven't worked in 9 months. Feels good to get out and feel like I did something with the day. My hair is growing back. It looks a little lighter and baby soft. I love being home with my kitties. One of the sisters wont leave me alone. I was gone a long time. January is my reality of what I deal with every day. Getting my MRI and CT scan. The six month check on things. The last check nothing bad showed up. A good feeling. Sometimes I am still afraid to go to sleep. I still get scared. Sheila
Old 10-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #1364
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Had my annual bloodwork today. Almost three years since finishing chemo/radiation/surgery madness. My lord the anxiety leading up to those appointments. Anyway, I got a perfect all clear, better than what they usually even see in the perfect realm of blood work. Celebrating. That appointment was weighing hard on me. There's been so much disturbing in the world and I was supposed to go last week but it turned out I had to bury my cousin that day and reschedule. The anxiety just built and built while I waited for a reschedule. Thankfully someone cancelled. Otherwise I'd have had to wait for the next appointment in December. Not cool. Celebrate with me tonight!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #1365
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Had my annual bloodwork today. Almost three years since finishing chemo/radiation/surgery madness. My lord the anxiety leading up to those appointments. Anyway, I got a perfect all clear, better than what they usually even see in the perfect realm of blood work. Celebrating. That appointment was weighing hard on me. There's been so much disturbing in the world and I was supposed to go last week but it turned out I had to bury my cousin that day and reschedule. The anxiety just built and built while I waited for a reschedule. Thankfully someone cancelled. Otherwise I'd have had to wait for the next appointment in December. Not cool. Celebrate with me tonight!

I am so happy to hear this!!!! Definitely celebrating with you!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #1366
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
This is AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations, my friend!!
Old 10-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #1367
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am so glad for you, I can imagine your relief, its great news !

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #1368
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

I am doing good and feeling stronger. The first of January I go in for a MRI and CT scan. Gotta get checked out for my 6 months. I know my friends mean well but I just hate to hear them say Hey good luck with your MRI. I am not going to Vegas or racing in the Kentucky Derby. I am getting my head checked to see if there is any cancer. Have been getting good scans. I pray for everyone in here to feel good and get better. We all gotta fight the fight together.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #1369
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow I go in to have my medi-port put in.

Hopefully soon after that we will start treatment no matter what it is.

Every have a cancer free day or as close to it as possible
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #1370
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Surgery went well just a few bumps in the road. Blood sugar bottomed out and so did blood pressure.

They gave me some orange juice they put sugar in however they didn't stir the sugar in to dissolve so it was real nasty tasting. That was enough to bring my blood pressure up.

I start chemo on Monday since we dont have the DNA results back yet. Keep your fingers crossed we get them soon.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #1371
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Teddbear, How are you feeling from the port being put in? Hopefully you're not too uncomfortable. Mine hurt a lot. Fingers crossed you get the test results soon and that Monday goes as alright as it can. Do you know how long your chemo takes to administer?
I suggest bringing something like ginger chews or mints. When they flush your port between things, you can taste the saline and it's gross. I always put a ginger mint in my mouth before they did it to block the taste. Will be thinking of you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 04:50 PM   #1372
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Teddbear, How are you feeling from the port being put in? Hopefully you're not too uncomfortable. Mine hurt a lot. Fingers crossed you get the test results soon and that Monday goes as alright as it can. Do you know how long your chemo takes to administer?
I suggest bringing something like ginger chews or mints. When they flush your port between things, you can taste the saline and it's gross. I always put a ginger mint in my mouth before they did it to block the taste. Will be thinking of you.
at first my port was easy to deal with ~ then during one chemo treatment a nurse pulled the needle out fast and hard ~ I of course yelled out OUCH she responded with don't be a baby that didn't hurt . It bed for 2 day ~ bruised inside and out ~ and twisted. Every treatment after that the head of nursing at the cancer center had to put the needle in place ~ to this day it hurts, even when the shower water beats down on my skin. (((((( Teddy, easy going, rusted rims, )))))))) 2019 will be a better year.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #1373
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

ooops bled for 2 days.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #1374
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
at first my port was easy to deal with ~ then during one chemo treatment a nurse pulled the needle out fast and hard ~ I of course yelled out OUCH she responded with don't be a baby that didn't hurt . It bed for 2 day ~ bruised inside and out ~ and twisted. Every treatment after that the head of nursing at the cancer center had to put the needle in place ~ to this day it hurts, even when the shower water beats down on my skin. (((((( Teddy, easy going, rusted rims, )))))))) 2019 will be a better year.
Oh ouch. I can feel that and it didn't even happen to me. I'm sorry that was your experience and that you have ongoing pain from it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 12:17 AM   #1375
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:

I am good. The surgeon put what looked like super glue on it instead of stitches. It came off yesterday just like glue would.

I have been good and not lifted or pulled anything so it feels ok.

My treatments are 6 hours the first day then they send me home with a pump for 42 more hours. Then back in 2 weeks if I stay on chemo. If I go to immunotherapy it is once every 3 weeks.

I will be on this the rest of my life which I plan on it being a LONG time
Old 11-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #1376
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
ooops bled for 2 days.

I probably would have been in bed for 2 days
Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #1377
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Sending healing vibes to all who are caregiving, going into treatment or recovering.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #1378
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

It’s beeen awhile since I have posted an update.

First off I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a happy New Year.

Me and the chemo are not Compatible. If my insurance company hadn’t denied the immunotherapy back in November I don’t believe I would’ve suffer what I have suffered. I missed 2 treatments before they told us it was denied. Then another 2 weeks to get me back on the schedule.

Thanksgiving day I was at the Er due to now having 2 PE’s. Let tell y’all that was painful. I thought I was having a major heart attack. They fixed me up really quick and sent me home. So far no more blood clots.

Then Christmas Eve I woke up with a small knot in the middle of my chest. On Christmas Day it was bigger and drained some nasty stuff. So the day after it was even bigger and sorer then the last 2 days so I went to the cancer center to see if I needed to go to the Er again they looked at it gave me some instructions and sent me home. I followed the instructions to the T.

I ended up going back yesterday because now it is bigger at least 5 times. They looked at me and it has turned into cellulitis and again I was dehydrated even thought I had drank more than 60 bottles of water in less than a week. So back up in the infusion center for fluids and antibiotics.

Today I have the energy I have after about 4 days post treatment.

While running labs most came back good except the cancer markers test. In less then 3 months they have increased by 120 points. Which isn’t good. Normal range is less that 40. My first test was 335 and now it is 457. Hopefully the new insurance company will go ahead an approved the immunotherapy.

I will fight this. I will do everything possible to beat this. I have everything I have ever wanted and I know it couldn’t have taken me this long to find not to have it last a long time.

I hope each one of y’all are having better luck then we are having with this.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #1379
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

This is a hard post to write. So I haven’t taken a cancer treatment since 19 December was put in the hospital on the 30th because of said cancer treatment and had to have surgery on the 31st.

My insurance company the new one has been delaying giving me approval for my new treatment. We were told to weeks ago that my cancer is back active and that we need to start a treatment soon.

Thursday of last week I was rushed back to the ER and was given fluids and sent home because of some lab work. I spoke to my doctors on Friday who said I needed to come back into the hospital and get some more fluids at the infusion center. While there I suffered a pain attacked it almost doubled me over when I was sitting in a chair my doctor came up and talk to me to tell me that my liver which has cancer in it also is inflamed and that we’re almost at the point to where If we don’t start treatment soon we are going to be too far gone to have to be able to do anything.

This is been a very emotional weekend for me and my wife. We had to have that talk of what if it doesn’t happen I don’t start new treatment and I suffer the ravages of this disease. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life coming face-to-face with my morality and the fact that I may end up leaving her alone which is the one thing I don’t want to do.

I had written a nasty gram on my insurance website last week to To which they responded the following morning but because I was back in the hospital I had no chance of answering them until you know close to five as in what information they needed they informed me they couldn’t work on it until Monday I told them they would have their information when I came to work Monday because we all know Facebook gets hacked so I didn’t wanna put anything out there to hang around too long. So they came to work at 8 and at 805 I got a message from them of who was going to be handling my case. At 10:33 I received a call from said person who is handling my case to explain to me exactly what all they needed what all they had and what steps were going to be taken to expedite the approval process. A little over an hour later she called me back to let me know she had everything that she needed and that now the process begins to get approval and then I should have approval by Wednesday afternoon.

Please understand I appreciate everyone’s prayers thoughtfulness healing thoughts white light everything that you’ve sent my way during the last six months that I’ve been battling with this and I asked that you continue that but you also now add my wife for peace and calm Ness during this time as we walk our way through the insurance but our I appreciate everyone’s prayers thoughtfulness and healing thoughts WhiteLight everything that you’ve sent my way during the last six months that I’ve been battling with this and I asked that you continue that but you also now add my wife for peace and calm Ness during this time as we walk our way through the insurance bs.

Thank you for letting me vent thank you for listening and all my love to all of you you are part of my family
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #1380
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

My mom was unable to get her chemotherapy today due to extremely low neutrophils and potassium.

Tomorrow, I will be taking her to get her head shaved because her hair is falling out.

She's feeling pretty low right now.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post: