Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #4161
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default NYC Marathon video stream caught live

🔴 New York City Marathon 2018 Live Stream from Mile 22/23!
Youtuber The Run Experience filmed the marathon today

Inspiring, to say the least!

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #4162
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default NYC Marathon

NYC Marathon Hacks: Race Day Strategy

Youtuber DirtyOldSneakers...terrific video.
check it out so you can run with me next
year...OK folks, that is it for today.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #4163
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,721 Times in 5,080 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've had a good exercise weekend. Next weekend will be busy, so I'm glad I got in lots of exercise this weekend.

Saturday: 30 minutes on the stairmaster, 1 hour walk on the Highline (elevated Park along an old rail line in NYC) with an old colleague. I always love the Highline, and it's such a fun place to be on a Saturday night. I was glad I talked my friend into it so easily. 10,000+ steps on walk.

Sunday: 30 minutes on the stairmaster, 30 minutes on the weight floor (haven't been in months), 1 hour evening walk with a butch friend, Ann, in Riverside Park. Awesome. 9,000+ steps on walk.

At the gym I ran into Judith, and we were very warm towards each other. As I left, she was deciding whether or not to go to her Catholic Church that evening. I like Judith.

My gym's advertisement: "Commit to something." Kind of a good one!

Love to you all!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #4164
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I dreamed about it. Does that count? Lol. I will be happy when I can do real exercise again. Now all I can do is PT exercise. Well technically I might could do some but I would be in bad pain for a long time. I’m not stuck in a chair or can’t move. I can do normal things. Just nothing too strenuous. With my meds I can do anything but I feel it later bad!!
Anyway I did my abdominal PT (physical therapy) exercises today. When I first started then I laughed and rolled my eyes right in my therapists face cause they seem so easy and just silly. But I do them anyway feeling stupid lol.
Today I pulled on one of those resistance bands tied to the door knob cause I am supposed to do that and flex my abdomen at the same time with each pull and release.
And I did the whole laying on back with knees up and feet flat on floor flexing and releasing abdomen. Then lifting hips off floor and coming back down.

Oh how I miss REAL exercise! I hope to be able to go back to that soon. No offense to anyone else out there with situations that might have to do low key exercises like I do right now.

But I spoke with my surgeon and they think it’s nerves now so on 12/6 I go and will probably be given nerve meds so if it’s nerves and they help I hope to be back out there doing what I really like!! 12/6 seems so far away. My apologies for getting off subject a little
Old 11-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #4165
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today, I slogged out in the rain and cold after work and did 30 minutes on the stairmaster. I saw Judith in the locker room but pretended not to see her. She was sitting on the couch by the t.v. reading the New York Times. She would never pretend not to see me (I don't think!) because I think she always wants to see me. I'm not even sure it's in her character to pretend not to see someone. I sometimes want to keep to myself, even though I like her.

As for PT exercises, I haven't gone to PT since junior high- and that was for my back- and wow, I still do those exercises to this day and love them! It makes me grateful for my back condition (kyphosis), because I learned exercises that strengthen my core and provide a calming effect.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #4166
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yet again I slogged out in the rain and did 30 minutes on the stairmaster. I started out tired but the exercise really bumped up my energy. Sometimes that's how it goes.

I've been on the fence about whether to throw in my 30 minutes on the weight floor after my stairmaster, like I enjoy doing on weekends. It always makes the workout more meaningful so I should probably try it sometime. I admit that on work days I'm eager to get home and hibernate, especially in inclement weather.

Wishing the best to all the exercisers!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #4167
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 6

How Hard is it to Run a Marathon?

Ok, this video is a goof...but, I enjoyed it and wanted
to share the laughs...not taking all this running marathons
too seriously...at least for tonight...ha!

So, a marathon in Las Vegas?! At night?!
Fantasizing that if a black haired, glasses wearing femme sub/femme
would service me during my recovery after this marathon, I am already
considering it...just having some fun folks...then again...

keep on keepin' on friends, we have 11 3/4 months to go
for the 2019 NYC Marathon...got my glasses, getting new shoes
next month...the humor helps.

Btw, not a way to run a marathon but you knew that already, yes?

6mi...today, Greco

Old 11-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #4168
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

60 minute spin class that was mostly hills and sprints. Good start to my day.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #4169
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday and today I did my 30 minutes on the stairmaster. I feel proud of myself. I get progressively more tired during the work week, so it's felt like a real accomplishment and not easy.

Today I saw someone's jacket hanging in the closet in the gym. Yes, the gym is more like a house. I LOVED the jacket. I immediately looked it up online to see if I could find it, and I could not find it. I became obsessed (perhaps as a way to procrastinate going to the stairmaster). I was even asking people, "Is that your jacket?" Awkward. So finally I gave up and did my time on the stairmaster. Then when I got back to the locker room, there were only two jackets hanging in the closet, mine and another woman who I don't know. I said to her, "Is that your jacket?" and yes, of course, it was! I excitedly asked her where she got it. She explained that she is from Kazakhstan and that she bought it in Kazakhstan. No special jacket for me

Peace out, Exercisers!

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 11-08-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #4170
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was the first day I got back into the gym in weeks. It was really good. I had been tightening up in my neck and back area and the workout helped. I had a chiro appointment later in the day too and that helped even more.

Workout: elliptical, 260 cal, 2.21 mi, 35:00 min, 15:51 pace.

I could feel that I was coming down with something but it wasn't bad yesterday. Today, we are at the point where the throat feels like there's sandpaper in there and the ribs can feel my coughs so it's a bit uncomfortable.

I've been having muscle cramps and spasms in my leg lately and it's because I stopped the workouts. Before each workout, I would eat a banana. Bananas are a good source of potassium and potassium keeps muscles supple and blocks cramping.

Just more proof that everything is connected.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #4171
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Way to go, Gemme! I try to always eat a banana before going to the gym, or some sort of high potassium fruit. It helps.

I met with a new trainer today. I hadn't expected too much but I was really impressed with her ability to tune into parts of my body that are really tight from scar tissue and she got me into some really good stretches. I'm going to start working with her weekly
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #4172
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

60 minute morning spin class. It was ALL hills and sprints on the hills. Holy cow that was a workout!
Old 11-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #4173
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 6

6mi run this am...cloudy...chilly, which is always good...tomorrow, the gym...and weights...that is the plan.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #4174
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Exercised Sat, Sun, and Monday (today).

Saturday: 30 min. stairmaster, 30 min. weight floor

Sunday: 30 min. stairmaster

Monday (Today): 30 min. stairmaster, 30 min. weight floor

The exercise has been making me feel great!!!

Instead of doing a pattern on the stairmaster of Levels 5-4-3-2-1 (2 min. each level), I've been doing a pattern of Levels 6-5-4-3-2. I'm enjoying the increased intensity, though intensity can also be increased by lower levels but not using my hands for balance.

I've gone back to watching "Madea goes to Jail." I love Madea! I've also been watching a show called something like "The 72 most dangerous places in the world" on Netflix. It's not very good but it still had it's moments, like 2 people who decided to stay in a town (I forget where- I think in Australia) that was infested by blue asbestos- and everyone else in the town had left! I think it's interesting when people make contrary decisions.

In any case... wishing all the exercisers "joyful movement" or "rewarding pain"- whatever floats your boat!!!

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #4175
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 6...

So, Sunday did not see me in the gym.
No way, it was dark and cloudy cold here
and didn't, couldn't feel myself indoors.
6mi on a road I'd not been on, open sky
cloudy but at least outside, early so almost
zero cars on this road...yes, heaven.

Then home to fire, and my green smoothie.
Blis are history...at least for now.

Fire and drawing with Hokusai.
And memories of my Veteran comrades.

Yesterday, 6 early, clients...late.

Today, 6 on a familiar desert road, yes the
one with the prairie dog holes...waited until
daylight...no prairie dogs out, too cold.
5k around the corner.

I'll make it to the gym at some point, just
not tomorrow...smiling.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #4176
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 35 minutes on the stairmaster. I watched a documentary, I think on Amazon Prime, called "Goodnight, Sugar Babe: The Killing of Vera Jo Reigle." Actually I'm not done with it. It's quite disturbing.

While waiting for the elevator, I had a convo with a class instructor (at the gym) about how different this gym is because of the abundance of space, how it never feels confining. It was a perfect conversation where we were both connecting. Then the elevator took forever, and it started to get a bit awkward as we repeated the same thing in different forms- or maybe it was just me repeating it. However, that is life!

Happy exercising, friends!

How do I... ?
Old 11-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #4177
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did my 30 minutes on the stairmaster today.

In the locker room I talked to the woman, Gayle, who is the old Ricki Lake producer. She is someone I'm not all that into, and she spends like an hour blow-drying and styling her hair every day. Sometimes that irritates me but I try to remind myself that such an act may be soothing and certainly nothing to find annoying. She also is always on an elliptical near the stairmaster. She's on it so much that I decided to ask her how long she is on it. She said, 2 hours a day. Then she said she wished she had more work and not as much time to be at the gym. She reads while on the elliptical so she's not doing a high intensity work-out. Then she kind of turned the tables on me and also asked some slightly probing questions, something about my inconsistency in coming and my always saying I have to work late. she kept kind of saying, "Why?" I kept giving the same sort of answer that sometimes there's just more work than I can do during work hours. I've been coming at the same time as her every day, so we were bound to talk a bit. However, our interactions are not especially meaningful to me and I don't think to her either. Yet there we are. Sometimes I wonder what about me she might find annoying, maybe that I DON'T blowdry my hair and in fact look a hot mess, but who knows.

Peace out, exercisers!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #4178
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 2 + 1 + lots of burn...

2mi early with words and music urging me on...then 1mi hill work.

Now. Gym for HARD workout...music and words after me...must be the green smoothies.

Later, thank the Universe for subs...my sub.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #4179
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default biceps/delts...quick release

Who said I loved the gym?! I do not love the gym.

But, thankfully there is one a bit less than a 5 min walk from
my home so, I focused on quick but hard bicep/delts workout
1 ea 10 reps, then left, 15 -20mins in/out...feeling relief...so, on to
this evening...smiling.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #4180
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Last night, according to my watch, I danced 9.5 miles worth of steps. Yay.

Today, normally I do 9am spin. But since I didn't go to bed until after 2am I did a later class at 4pm. Oh am I glad I did! 9am instructor is shrill and screams a lot and I don't love her music. 4pm dude is chill and obviously a road rider by his dialogue, and he is driven without screaming and his playlist was a great mix of classic rock, Dylan, Joplin, Queen. Yes, I was singing along at times. I'm so switching to the 4pm class. I like to get my workout done early but this is worth the wait.

Tags
exercise, weights