Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mindhunter(s)

Its one season I'm on episode 2

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 08:26 AM   #442
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm also watching Mindhunters. It's amazing. I can't stop watching. Love love love it.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:00 AM   #443
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My youngest is visiting and used her HBO account to watch Game of Thrones with us. I'm hoping my honey will take a liking to it. I was in the second or third season and loving it. I started from the beginning with him to refresh. It would be a nice winter diversion for sure.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #444
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sleeper Cell

I finished Animal Kingdom season 2 and didn't feel like watching anything else on the DVR.

I found this on Hulu from Showtime. I had watched both seasons before and thought I would watch it again.

It is very good and though season 1 came out in 2005, other than flip phones and pagers, it is as relevant today as it was then

Oops my comma and period have frozen so no punctuation or end to these sentences

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #445
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,075 Times in 8,585 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coming Thanksgiving on Netflix

Who is Nola Darling? Return to the story and character of the very first Spike Lee joint, now a 10 episode series on Netflix, available this Thanksgiving.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #446
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I have been watching MR ROBOT and i am into it
Old 11-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #447
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I just re-watched Breaking Bad. I’ve stalled out on Lost Girl. I’m on the first season of Grace and Frankie. I saw Kitty on Filmstruck. I’m watching the good place on Hulu. Watching the documentary, “How We Got Gay,” on Amazon Prine. It’s all slow-going. Almost everything I watch is something I am multitasking with.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #448
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Mindhunters... OMG so good! Some of it is hard to deal with but its so well done!

MINDHUNTER
2017 TV-MA 1 Season
In the late 1970s two FBI agents expand criminal science by delving into the psychology of murder and getting uneasily close to all-too-real monsters.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #449
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, I watched the first episode of Hulu's Chance, a show about Dr. Eldon Chance, "a San Francisco based neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness." All the while he is dealing with his marriage ending and the tribulations of being the father of a teen-aged girl. Hugh Lorie plays Chance.

So far, I like the series, those quirky characters get me everytime!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #450
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,107 Times in 5,115 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Salvation on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good for a sci-fi conspiracy theory show.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #451
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Project Runway, The Walking Dead, and So You Think You Can Dance. Need to find something else since these seasons are all coming to an end soon!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #452
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

We watched an excellent documentary on YouTube called Walking Home. It's about the journey of several people.who the Appalachian Trail. Amazing footage. Make.me want to do it even more so.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #453
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

We watched One Mississippi this week and Mr. Jenny really liked it. She had never heard of Tig Notaro.

I already LOVED Tig Notaro so i may have been a little smug about her.

*does image search for Tig Notaro looking hot*

WAIT

There is also a Netflix documentary during which she fell in love with Stephanie Allynne???

I know what I'm watching tonight.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #454
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chance

I am very ambivalent about this series.

It has Hugh Laurie as star and he is an outstanding actor. Also starring is Gretchen Mol and Ethan Suplee.

He plays a forensic psychologist.

Number one for psychiatrists, therapists and anyone in the field of psychiatry and mental health: maintain healthy and strong boundaries with clients and patients.

Hugh as Dr. Eldon Chance: loses his. Over a woman (duh).

Sometimes it bugs me so much I have to stop watching it for a while. However, the acting is great and it does draw me back to see what is going to happen.

Suspend belief is the name of the game here.

Hulu says: "Based on Kem Nunn's novel, Chance is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on Eldon Chance (Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness."

PS: I just saw Liam wrote about it in November. I missed that! I would have caught Chance sooner. So many shows, so little time!

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #455
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Peaky Blinders

I post about this series every year that a new season comes out because it is just that good.

Season 4 came out on Netflix on December 21st. Of course I watched it all in one sitting but it is easy to do because each season of this BBC2 series is only 6 episodes .

What can I say: Cillian Murohy is truly charismatic. He is a tremdous actor. The rest of the cast is excellent, too.

When I first saw it, I was put off by the name. I was thinking WTF is a Peaky Blinders.

The series is based on an actual family of gangsters in the late 1800's in post- WWI Birmingham, England.

The series will be moving into the Al Capone years next season, season 5.

I can't wait.

Brief documentary on the actual gang:

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2017, 05:52 AM   #456
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Season four of Peaky Blinders is here! Yay!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #457
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

On Netflix, I just finished the series Godless. and on the fluffy fun side, Fuller House.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #458
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
On Netflix, I just finished the series Godless. and on the fluffy fun side, Fuller House.
I really liked Godless, did you?

It took me a couple of episodes to get into and to understand what was going on.

New season of Black Mirror will be streaming on December 29th. That is a really great series.

~Washington Post

Old 12-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #459
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Season four of Peaky Blinders is here! Yay!
It may take a couple of episodes to get into and the accents are sometimes hard to understand but once it grabbed me:

I was hooked.

Cillian Murphy is mesmerizing (to me) .

I hate to have to wait another year for season 5!

~Washington Post

Old 12-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #460
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
It may take a couple of episodes to get into and the accents are sometimes hard to understand but once it grabbed me:

I was hooked.

Cillian Murphy is mesmerizing (to me) .

I hate to have to wait another year for season 5!
i keep the subtitles going.. it helps to understand English!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: