Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation
Question Social Networking

Are you on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Friendster?

Any others out there that interest you?

How do you feel about Social Networking?
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

i do not maintain the fb page, although it is really a great way for people to see the work we do as a committee of the humane society. i think the feedback received is beautiful, and connections are awesome- like rescue ink ! my personal fb page is separate and while i enjoy seeing friends there, i love the non-profit page most of all.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

I am torn on how I feel about social networking... I do have an fb page I have a myspace but I haven't been to it in a very long time... (maybe I should check it)

but why I am torn is because I do not like getting silly things on my page... or advertisements.. and this has happened before...

at the same time it can be very helpful...

so yeah that is my opinion
PoeticWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default No to FB

Not a social networker. My girlfriend has a FB page but forgets to post most of the time. I think she loved it for about 2 weeks then got bored with it. At least I haven't heard about it in a while. Maybe she's secretly posting to it and I don't know. Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I must admit, I'm a facebook addict. I have myspace and twitter accounts, but don't do anything with them. I've found long-lost cousins, friends from highschool, and of course many of the members here are friends too! If anyone would like to befriend me, PM me! Especially if you're into farmtown and farmville - always looking for new neighbours!
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I guess that I don't understand putting a lot of personal information (including my real name and location) out on the internet for everyone in the world to read. Plus, there's the time thing. I have barely enough time in a day to get through here and my news web sites, I can't imagine where one finds the hours to socially network in different places. It's 5 PM on a Sunday, I'm watching football *insert football smilie here*, working , doing laundry , writing this post , and figuring out what to have for dinner pretty much all at once. I'm tapped

I looked up this Farm Town thing in wikipedia; add that to the list of things that I don't get
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

I am a farmville and mafia addict. i have found many people from my past on fb. i dont drama with myspace anymore, too many toddlers. i twitter all day long.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I am on FB and I do have my space page , but I don't go to my space at all .. I simply don't have time to be looking for pictures and posting them on other people pages . I like FB , because there I have real friends and family from my home and other countries where I lived .

When I get home from work I really don't feel like to have any serious interaction at all . I need to relax and FB it's good for it . I am in my bed on laptop not in office , I am watching a news and click on facebook to see if my friends are OK or need some support .

As for people on Facebook that have a need to post when they eating , taking showers and every movement in they life it's annoying and I ignore that .

I am not concerned about my privacy , because with Internet these days we have none anyway . If someone wants to find me or something about me they will. They don't say that Zaba Search it's like Google on steroids for nothing .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

never heard of zaba search... but I am going to have to look it up if it is better then google... hmmm
PoeticWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Facebook addict here.. '
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
D-Money

How Do You Identify?:
i do what i want :)
Relationship Status:
well, i'm not banging my ex anymore, so that's good ;)

Location: at The Pink Taco. really ... it's called The Pink Taco ;)
D-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST ReputationD-Money Has the BEST Reputation

i adore facebook!! myspace is dead. twitter seems dumb to me but i know a lot of folks like it. also ... i am one of those dinosaurs who still uses LiveJournal!!

oh, and i am a game freak on FB ... Mafia Wars, Prison Lockdown, Farm Town, Fish World, Pirates and Castle Age!!
D-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #12
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I deleted MySpace a while ago. I do have Facebook and Twitter, but post only sporadically. It just seems like there's so many things vying for attention! Plus, I am just not into Farm Town *GASP* or any of the other apps and actually *whispering* ignore them.
With a name like Farm Town how can you resist... heh.
.................................................. .

I myself do have a MySpace and FB but am also reminded now and again how ironic it is for a introverted misantropist (again love/hate really ) reclusive artist type to be "social networking".

So yes I do it, like it, but I'm just not very good at it... lol
Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I never liked myspace. The pages were too messy and over-filled with disorganized information and music I don't want to hear. I never signed up for that one.

I do have FB, and I mostly log in to keep up with what's going on with my friends there.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #14
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

i like fb more so because i can control privacy. im all about keeping my business to myself.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #15
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Lazy Facebooker here.

My little blue pond is polluted, my plants are withered, and my fairies flew away.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis
I myself do have a MySpace and FB but am also reminded now and again how ironic it is for a introverted misantropist (again love/hate really ) reclusive artist type to be "social networking".

So yes I do it, like it, but I'm just not very good at it... lol
I love love love how you said this. Because as true as I'm sitting here, if there were no computers, I've likely be classified as a hermit. I'm not sure that I'm a misanthrope, I'm just painfully shy (most don't know this about me at all because I don't present that way)

Last edited by Jett; 11-16-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: no edit needed, hit mod edit instead of quote
PapaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton View Post
Are you on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Friendster?

Any others out there that interest you?

How do you feel about Social Networking?

My goodness....I began thinking just how MANY networking sites there are.....and how I think I have tried so many!

~LJ (don't use anymore)
~MySpace (rarely use anymore)
~Twitter (never....I laugh everytime I hear the word "Twitter" or "Tweet")
~BF (phasing out by the end of the year)
~LinkedIn (I think that's what it's called.....rarely)
~FB (every day....and my puppy has an account, too.....she's addicted to FarmTown)
~Plaxo (rarely)
~MyClassmates.com (because I'm back in my hometown)

....and of course.....

~FBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My new favorite place to be!!! I love it here!

~Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

I use Facebook regularly, don't sign on to Myspace much anymore (except today cause I wanted to see who's sent me messages) but do keep up with folks who update regularly on LiveJournal (but I don't update there myself).

My frustrations with Myspace came when I couldn't figure out how to remove Tom from the Activity Stream. I don't give two shits what he is listening to cause it's not my genre of music or contests that I don't want to be a part of. OH AND....people who flood the Message Board with their adverts several times in one hour about shows, gigs, stupid surveys and such as well as phony missing child alerts.

Some folks *coughRhoncough* I still enjoy reading about on LJ because they use it on a regular basis and there are groups I'm on that keep me updated about things that I don't see on MS or FB.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I deleted MySpace a while ago. I do have Facebook and Twitter, but post only sporadically. It just seems like there's so many things vying for attention! Plus, I am just not into Farm Town *GASP* or any of the other apps and actually *whispering* ignore them.
I think its all silly stuff.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
Rogue

How Do You Identify?:
femme dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
happily married

Rogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up I think its great!

I think social networking is great!

It's funny that I found this thread because I just bought social networking software for my website.. it is a cross between myspace & facebook.. with forums, a banner exchange, groups, email lists, photo galleries, a shop, etc.. We will have paid and unpaid memberhsips.. paid memberships will go to support the site and bandwidth etc.. people will pay for what features they want on their subscriptions..

I will be using this website to promote, advertise, and feature community websites that relate to butch femme trans people, businesses, websites, etc etc..

I'm very excited about it, but I'm still working on it.. it probably won't be public until after christmas.. however I have invited a few people to have a look at it, give me advice, and maybe help out if they want.. so.. we'll see how it goes.. I've been very busy working on it.. LOL.. I want to make sure that I get all the bugs out of it before going live to the public!

I loved reading this thread and listening to what everyone had to say..

I deleted my "myspace" account a while ago.. I only use FaceBook now.. and I may go check twitter out
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote