Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #41
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
That Retired USC Staff Association video is really sweet, although badly filmed. As someone who has personally conducted low-impact seated exercise programs for mobility impaired folks I can assure readers that there is a serious, therapeutic side (no joking here) to seated exercise and dance. And then there are some folks who have no legs, or no use of their legs. They take seated dance seriously, dance circles around those who are typically abled, and Kick Ass, chair-dance wise...
Like this couple, who put most mobility-typical couples to shame:

YouTube- Unbelievable wheelchair dancer
Not so funny tonight, but more a "fan" mood inspired by your USC Video post..
Blessings and thanks to all the amazing dancers who dance and let nothing (like being seated) get in their way. Sorry to break away from the satire for a minute but I've been pondering how to say this since I introduced the thread...

as a MODEST, neurologically challenged and otherly-abled non-gender specific non-chair who can be sat upon if you want a fight on your hands, i find music my saving grace with regard to creating non-dance movement. i often hum to get my brain to engage, to move when and how i choose, to coordinate hands with eyes, to walk without tripping...to walk in general.

i sort of like the addition of little musical interludes to my life...except the days when all i can think of to hum is the theme song to Gilligan's Island. bleh... it was the first song that came to mind in OT. now i cant get rid of it.
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #42
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
as a MODEST, neurologically challenged and otherly-abled non-gender specific non-chair who can be sat upon if you want a fight on your hands, i find music my saving grace with regard to creating non-dance movement. i often hum to get my brain to engage, to move when and how i choose, to coordinate hands with eyes, to walk without tripping...to walk in general.

i sort of like the addition of little musical interludes to my life...except the days when all i can think of to hum is the theme song to Gilligan's Island. bleh... it was the first song that came to mind in OT. now i cant get rid of it.
Hopefully even a non-chair non-dancer who frequents chair-dancing threads can appreciate the honeybees go-go dance:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EgE6PbBEIc"]YouTube- Gilligan's Island , The Honey Bees You Need Us[/ame]
And Now, back to the topic of chair dancing and those who love it!
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #43
Crone

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yours, Mine, Ours?

Crone is on a distinguished road

I honestly do not know what a chair dance is!
However, it's time to get googling.

I suppose I could imagine what it is. But then by the complexity of the first post, one would think it is beyond that.

Crone

: )
Crone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crone For This Useful Post: