Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 AM   #101
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Edward Hopper painted New York Movie as an oil on canvas in 1939. It is in the collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

http://www.edwardhopper.info/i/New_York_Movie.jpg
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #102
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

I did a version of this for a class in which we were to have a visual conversation vis a vis existing works of art. Certainly inspires one to think creatively. Nonetheless, this is, in my opinion, a great drawing. Picasso is another fave.

http://www.nga.gov/images/noncol/torsofs.htm
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #103
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

@SuperFemme, do you happen to know who did that first Don Quixote themed painting you posted? I really liked it and would love to see some of the artist's other work.

Hieronymus Bosch - Death and Miser
All his paintings are really huge, believe it or not this is one of the smaller ones. If it's still too big lemme know and I can just drop a link in instead.

Akseli Gallen-Kallela - Kullervo's Curse

Marten Eskil Winge - Tors strid med jättarna/Thor's fight against the giants

I really like John Howe's art as well. He does mostly Beowulf and Tolkien/fantasy themed stuff. His site blocks you from left clicking so here are a few links to some favourites.

The Argonath http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g...hp?image_id=86
Moria Gate http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g...hp?image_id=78
Boromir http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g...?image_id=1700
Beowulf and the Dragon http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/g...?image_id=2160
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #104
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ender D,

Here is a link to the artist: http://puzzles.about.com/gi/dynamic/...Octavio_Ocampo
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #105
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Another Maxfield Parrish from the '20's......

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #106
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default adolf wolfli

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #107
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default M C Escher

I saw one of my fav artists....M C Ecsher at a local exhibit this weekend. One of my alltime favs. Could have been an ispration..I learned a lot about him.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #108
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Classic Georgia O'Keeffe New York years---one of my favorites. Great composition, and well, composition is everything!

http://www.artinthepicture.com/artis...effe/moon.jpeg
Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #109
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

Osias Beert...his still life paintings are phenomenal.

http://images.google.es/images?hl=es...ed=0CA8QsAQwAA
rockybcn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockybcn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #110
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
I would love to have this as a background on sheets of paper for my penpal and craft projects. Lovely!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2010, 05:30 AM   #111
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

http://www.artquotes.net/masters/fre...-a-painter.htm

Lucian Freud ~ A Painter, 1962
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #112
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Botero, The Bathroom

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #113
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Yet, another Edward Hopper favorite of mine:

http://rippleeffects.files.wordpress...ard-hopper.jpg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #114
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

http://artinvestment.ru/content/down..._moonlight.jpg

Edvard Munch
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #115
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite artist is Gustav Klimt. I love all his work, but one of my favorites is "Danae". I am technologically challenged and I'm not sure how to post a pic of it here. But here is a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana%C3%AB_(Klimt_painting)

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #116
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
My favorite artist is Gustav Klimt. I love all his work, but one of my favorites is "Danae". I am technologically challenged and I'm not sure how to post a pic of it here.

http://tarotreiki.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/danae.jpg
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #117
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Edward Hopper

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/art/ar...roundswell.jpg
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #118
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default striking--the cover to criticism for Flannery O'Conner

I'm not sure about the creator, but this is magnificent...I've always been "drawn" to O'Connor's work and her own conflict with christianity....

The crit book is entitled "Obedient Imagination"--apt, eh?

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #119
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default David Hockney

http://www.hockneypictures.com/works...ings_90_12.php

I am particularly fond of Hockney's photography, however, I also appreciate his simplistic (and similarly stylized) paintings. Geometry seems to play a key role in a lot of Hockney's pieces. Check out this web site, if you so desire.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #120
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default An Early Picasso

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post: