Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default try this one

1 cup homemade almond milk
1/2 frozen sliced banana
1/2 frozen organic strawberries
vanilla to taste
1 tsp maple syrup

Blend & enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I use almond milk in almost everything! I'm pretty much lactose intolerant so almond milk just works better. I tried the coconut milk but it's sweeter than of like it to be, sooooooo it doesn't taste like almond milk does. I've always bought almond milk and until this thread, I didn't know you could make it yourself!

Thanks so much for the info, the recipes and the thread! So cool!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We drink only almond milk...I don't like soy milk, and cooking with almond milk is yumbolicious!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #24
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default all i can say is

nothing compares to homemade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #25
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Hey ya'll,

I am all about almond milk.

I have a bagillion allergies so I have to be super careful.

I also have arthritis and to assist in keeping inflammation to a minimum I try my very best to stay away from all in the nightshade group, salt and dairy.
It's hard, but helps.

~Bleu
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #26
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk

I gave up regular milk, at first because a gallon would go rancid before I could finish it, and then because I was trying to lower fat and salt intake. After trying several brands and flavors of nutmilks I landed on Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk. (There are other flavors, but they have more calories and taste somewhat artificial to my palate.) It has long expiry date, too (this is a refrigerated product as I do not like the pantry on-shelf brands).

*love it*

Low-cal and yet packed w/ nutrients.

Downsides are that it is expensive and often out-of-stock -- have only found it at Whole Foods (in large a metro area... harder to find in smaller markets, but worth requesting, imho).

I use it in everything from cereal to soup and it works quite well.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
I gave up regular milk, at first because a gallon would go rancid before I could finish it, and then because I was trying to lower fat and salt intake. After trying several brands and flavors of nutmilks I landed on Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk. (There are other flavors, but they have more calories and taste somewhat artificial to my palate.) It has long expiry date, too (this is a refrigerated product as I do not like the pantry on-shelf brands).

*love it*

Low-cal and yet packed w/ nutrients.

Downsides are that it is expensive and often out-of-stock -- have only found it at Whole Foods (in large a metro area... harder to find in smaller markets, but worth requesting, imho).

I use it in everything from cereal to soup and it works quite well.
Now, I've never seen it.. i'm curious and will try to find some. thanks Metro
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default i've noticed

with almond nutmilk, milk & fruit seem to be made for each other..spinach not so much
Old 10-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #29
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

OMG I love Silk almond coconut milk! I buy it unsweetened and add organic stevia.

I use it to make a coffee protein shake in the morning. Simple ingredients..
1 cup organic coffee
1 scoop plain protein powder
1 packet organic stevia
a few ice cubes (to cool down that hot coffee)

I put it in a small shaker bottle (and add that wire ball thing that has it all mix smoothly), shake and pour it into a glass and enjoy!

This almond coconut milk is yummy on its own with the organic stevia. Really good!!

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #30
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

My current fav at the moment is Rice Dreams- Rice Milk (unsweetened) although homemade Flaxseed is really close!
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #31
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

For you's who want eggnog but without all the fat or guilt, Mary swears by this!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #32
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

my favorite nutmilk is still a homemade one i make to this day...hempseed & almond ..sometimes i change it up and add pecans...it's very good