How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

So, one of my favorite bears works in the fashion industry and has informed me that he got his hands on a bunch of Louboutin lipsticks and is sending me one for Christmas.
This shit is $90. WHO PAYS $90 FOR LIPSTICK??!?!
Whatever. I'll try it and let you all know if it turns my lips into gold bars or makes me shit glitter or anything.

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #122
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

So, one of my favorite bears works in the fashion industry and has informed me that he got his hands on a bunch of Louboutin lipsticks and is sending me one for Christmas.
Whatever. I'll try it and let you all know if it turns my lips into gold bars or makes me shit glitter or anything.

(I will be) so very curious Medusa about your experience with said lipstick..please let us know! My latest obsession happens to be be a lipstick named "Black Magic" by Givenchy..it's ingredient list contains black rose oil..an intriguing ingredient.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #123
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Oh my. Definitely give a report!! I have no idea what $90 lipsticks are like. That's beyond what I'd pay even if it made me shit glitter!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #124
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ohhhhkkay.

So I got the very bougie Louboutin lipstick in the color of "Mexicatchy". It's a sheer voile red and I do really love the color. Great texture and smells nice.

But damn, $90? I have some lovely Urban Decay lipsticks that are similar in texture that I love just as much and they are so much less expensive.

This is the real pic (pardon my manicure!)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #125
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I still can't see spending $90. Ever. Especially when brands like UD and Kat Von D make a great product.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #126
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Bite. All of Bite's products.

Lipstick and liquid lipstick -$30 cdn

All are made 100% food safe. That means you could eat it. Because, frankly, you do.

No fragrances. No crap. Ingestible. Amazing moisture on the lips, never drying. It's been cleaning up at beauty awards through 2016 and 2017.

They are now starting to make "beauty sticks" (multipurpose for eyes or lips or cheeks) as well.

I bought their Agave Lip triad a sephora because my lips were falling off and I loved it so I bought the travel set of lipsticks. Will buy them over anything else now.

I bought them for a friend who is allergic to everything with scent and can rarely find any kind of make up to wear. She can wear them.

So, I'm thrilled. Canuck company, made in Canada (factory exceeds minimum wage with very good benefits package) with Canadian concepts of food safety, award winning, fabulous results, great colours, small batch production, not tested on animals, very good colour payoff, staying power (4 hours), non-drying.

"Bite is made by Bite: Every one of its lip innovations is handcrafted in its Canadian facility, and made with natural, organic, good-for-you, ingredients. Bite does not contain gluten, sulfates, parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals (not even silicone)."

Those things are important to me if I'm going to pick a brand, I'm very fussy.

The lip balm and lip sticks are not vegan. Lip balm contains lanolin, lip stick contains bee's wax. Liquid lipstick is vegan.

<3
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #127
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

oops, sorry, forgot link
http://bitebeauty.com/
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #128
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

My sister just gifted me a palette of 12 Urban decay vice lipsticks. Six metallics and six mattes. I am having fun playing with it, to say the least. They have a very nice lip feel.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #129
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
My sister just gifted me a palette of 12 Urban decay vice lipsticks. Six metallics and six mattes. I am having fun playing with it, to say the least. They have a very nice lip feel.
Lurve Urban Decay!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 06:54 PM   #130
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I was feeling cheeky today so I wore my Kat Von D "Hellbent" all day and had several compliments. It's got a lot of brick red undertones and a bit of brown so it's a super red but also classic:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #131
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nars 2016 Fall Collection | Audacious (brick red)

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #132
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Is MAC really worth the price? I want a nice red and everyday nude and everyone has recommended MAC but damn if I’m cheap and MAC is pricey.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #133
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus View Post
Is MAC really worth the price? I want a nice red and everyday nude and everyone has recommended MAC but damn if I’m cheap and MAC is pricey.
In my opinion, absolutely.

I've worn Mac for years and find the formula (especially the mattes) to be very long-lasting, not drying, and super pigmented. They have a bit of a vanilla smell and seem to stay put pretty well.

I actually just picked up a new Mac color ("Chili) I've been wanting to try and the folks I work with are in LOVE with it. It's a retro red with a bit of burnt sienna undertones and goes well with my red hair and freckles:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #134
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Ooh I love that! I may try that one out. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #135
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not a lipstick, but . . .

. . . my lips were peeling and this stuff totally fixed it. Skinfix Natural Minty Mint Lip Repair Balm. The label says it's 40% coconut oil, with natural oils and botanicals.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #136
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I think it's supposed to make your lips soft as a baby's.
Just wouldn't know, have never kissed a baby.
Isn't that considered pedophilia?? roflol

Have fun with your thread, femmes. We love you!!!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #137
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,414 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation

I'm pretty partial to Sephora's own Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. It's a punchy red, matte, and smells so good!

It is a bit drying, as stains are wont to be, but the staying power is pretty amazing and to me, that's the more important part. It's a true red and I think it's flattering on nearly all skin tones, but especially darker or caramel ones. Has kind of a retro 1950's housewife feel to it and depending on your personal style, I think it could work for everyday if you're more rockabilly femme or to punch up an evening outfit. It also pairs nicely with a lighter eye and casual wear if you're just looking to give your outfit that little extra oomph!

And very reasonably priced (I think) at around $12 USD, or $15 CAD.

Helpful video review below!

Old 05-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #138
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ok, who in here has tried the Fenty "Stunna" lippie?

I am super curious but have about 100 red lipsticks and I just need to live vicariously through one of you at this point LOL

Old 05-31-2018, 12:44 AM   #139
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Ok, who in here has tried the Fenty "Stunna" lippie?

I am super curious but have about 100 red lipsticks and I just need to live vicariously through one of you at this point LOL

It won't be me LOL. As much as I'd love to be the guinea pig!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #140
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus View Post
I didn't know much about MAC or lipstick so I took a femme shopping with me when I went to purchase a MAC product as a gift...she gave it a rave review so I coughed up the few extra bucks and sprang for it!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: