cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

By God, it's supposed to be Winter. We're expecting temps around 60 F later this week. Spring, Spring, go away, come back in a far future day. I do not like Spring/Summer, and want for Fall.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #4402
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

weather was definitely of the 4 seasons type yesterday: skiff of snow, sleet, dense rain, lots of gusty wind, sunshine, thunderstorm activity (lightening strikes) and rainbows. Cherry blossoms will be abundant by next week.

Lows: 30s
High today: upper 40s?
By the weekend: 60s.

We've had some spectacular sunrises and sunsets, though, especially when a person can see all the volcanoes topped by snow. Truly Beautiful.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #4403
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Fall is my favy also. Summer, heck no! Spring, okay exceot when... our tornado sirens are set to go off for tornadoes.. and apparently.... for high winds. Who needs a wind warning and at 4am?!?! If you're already outside, you know it's windy! If you're inside and awake at 4am, you can hear that it's windy! So, let the rest of us sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
By God, it's supposed to be Winter. We're expecting temps around 60 F later this week. Spring, Spring, go away, come back in a far future day. I do not like Spring/Summer, and want for Fall.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #4404
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

59 and cloudy!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #4405
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

four days ahead of glorious weather: mid to upper 60s.

Lows probably still in the upper 30s, low 40s.

<<<<<<---- washing windows this weekend, and airing out the house.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #4406
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

For me it's a toss up between Spring and Fall. When it's Fall I think this is nice but I really miss Spring. When it's Spring I really miss Fall. Of course that's here were there are four distinct seasons even if there aren't the same extreme temperature fluctuations seen elsewhere in the nation. Our area is considered low desert so the changes are less dramatic.

Anyhow I was just wondering about all this flooding in the Midwest? What the real scoop is. It seems news stations either blow things up or under report which makes it difficult to know what's truly going on. After Katrina as bad as they made it look on the news, people in the area were telling me about all sorts of crimes the media never reported or only barely touched on.

On the other hand there have been many false alarm instances of people on the air making it seem as if the sky is falling when it wasn't. When the news was all wake up America because Armageddon is here, but when you talked with people not affiliated with any news network, just local residents in the affected area/areas they say oh no that's just media hype. Temps not that high, winds not that bad and so on.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #4407
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I just returned home and the time and temperature at my bank reads 2:50 and 70 degrees...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #4408
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

We all have been having a pretty rainy and chilly Spring here.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #4409
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Right now there's an thunder-storm and heavy rain with hail, coming down outside, but yet it's warm enough to leave the windows open and smell the fresh scent of rain in the air.

High today was 70 degrees, but it wasn't warm at all. Kind of brisk, due to an incoming storm, which is going on right now.

Lows in the 50s.

Thankfully, the coming holiday weekend will be a mix of sunshine, with rain and cooler than usual temps.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #4410
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

81 but feels like 90 degrees. 78%humidity.

Gross.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #4411
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Temp is in the 90's and expected to hold for another couple of hours. LOL I don't know if I mentioned it before but it used to be like a sweat box in here. After maintenance fixed it I had my doubts telling Monte yeah well we'll hold off on rejoicing until it hits 90, 100 degrees out, then we'll see. Well seeing is believing. Now it's official, this is the coolest my place has ever been in the decade plus I've been living here. Man if this is a foretaste of heaven, I'm all in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #4412
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

82 feels like 91, humidity is 68%
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #4413
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Today records were smashed for the hottest on this date! It's going on 8 p.m. and it's still 86....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #4414
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Mid June and it is still chilly and raining here. 10 day for-cast calls for more rain everyday. I cannot recall the last bright, sunny, day here in NW Indy. 2 -3 months ago? So far, I only saw 2 or 3 flies, 1 or 2 mosquitoes, and 1 tick on Larry my cat. Record breaking.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #4415
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We were in Apache Junction, AZ (near Mesa), where the temp will be 112* today! We are now in the White Mountains (northwestern AZ), where the temp will be 84* today.

We moved just in time!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #4416
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Anyone who hates the heat and is thinking about heading to Eastern Washington today might want to avoid it if possible. It's not yet noon and the temp has already hit 90, predicted to climb to 98 and expected to not let up until about 8 tonight. Even then it's only supposed to drop down to 89, slowly decrease and not hit 78 until about 10PM. My electric bill is going to be outrageous, I don't care. This is the first summer I've had a properly functioning air conditioner in over a decade and now that I'm living with it working I don't know how I ever managed without it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #4417
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am with cathexis' post on March 13. I love late fall and winter but now in mid June, the miserable heat and humidity is my weather story.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #4418
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

It's supposed to be above 90, for all but 1 of the next 20 days
Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #4419
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

We have had a slightly mild summer, with sporadic bouts of rain and lots of cloudy skies and cooler than ordinary temps. Just this past week, we've been in the upper 70s, which is leading to a stretch of upper 80's, then for a few weeks we might get stuck in the upper 90s.

Fall is nearly here, though. Trees are already losing leaves and revealing their autumn colors -- which usually happens in late September, but it's only the last week of July.

I suspect we will endure a heat wave of sorts, and I'm not looking forward to that, but I hope milder temps return soon. I miss the cloudy skies.

However, we have had amazing sunsets for nearly ten nights in a row.
Gotta love that, right?

_____ ______
Old 07-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #4420
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

High today was 99. It's almost 9 PM and finally below 90, down to 89

Tags
rain, weather