Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #401
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing you lots and lots of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
I'm gonna pick up my yummy gallon drink on the way home from work today. My procedure is at 9am'ish Monday...wish me luck!
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #402
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

The good news is, her system will be all clear for Thanksgiving feasting, now. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Oh absolutely. Wonderful way to spend Sunday. That yummy stuff, goes down hard comes out easy. with this adventure.

deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #403
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

well now...wasn't that just gobs of fun!! so, my goal was to begin at noon and see what happened. WHOOOOOEEEYYYYY!! i finished the gallon by 1:30 and just want to add that it is MUCH easier to drink with the flavoring in it. the pharmacist recommended that i try it without any flavor first and that was simply not doable. a couple funny things to mention: it moves so quickly that i drank it ice cold and it came out ice cold. and i think that is physically the coldest i have ever been...and i''m from BUFFALO!!

now, i am waddling around the house, hungry and ready to do this thing!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #404
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Colonoscopy...CHECK! Lots of polyps removed, pathology back by Friday. Slept loads, got the girls packed for their trip to San Diego and now I'm ready for bed. Love and hugs to all
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #405
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Congrats. You passed with flying colors, on video too. :)

Quote:
well now...wasn't that just gobs of fun!! so, my goal was to begin at noon and see what happened. WHOOOOOEEEYYYYY!! i finished the gallon by 1:30 and just want to add that it is MUCH easier to drink with the flavoring in it. the pharmacist recommended that i try it without any flavor first and that was simply not doable. a couple funny things to mention: it moves so quickly that i drank it ice cold and it came out ice cold. and i think that is physically the coldest i have ever been...and i''m from BUFFALO!!

now, i am waddling around the house, hungry and ready to do this thing!!
Quote:
Colonoscopy...CHECK! Lots of polyps removed, pathology back by Friday. Slept loads, got the girls packed for their trip to San Diego and now I'm ready for bed. Love and hugs to all

Well, I know you are glad that is all over with, and you got some sleep after "waddling around the house". girls heading to San Diego for the holiday!!! So Calif...rain expected Thursday. My trees and lawn are all happy after the rain this past week. Really they are. No..really.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #406
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

We've been having a ton of rain here in AZ, too, Tommi! And I would be lying if I said I wasn't loving every second of it!

I am wonderfully happy that experience is all over. Although, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. The nurses were all so wonderful and kind. The only negative was that I had asked a couple of times who all would be in the room during the procedure and both times was assured that there would be only two female nurses and my doctor (who is also a woman)...and as they were injecting the sleepy drugs into my IV, in walks a man. I remember feeling a bit shaky but then the drugs kicked in and off to sleep land I went.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #407
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
We've been having a ton of rain here in AZ, too, Tommi! And I would be lying if I said I wasn't loving every second of it!

I am wonderfully happy that experience is all over. Although, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. The nurses were all so wonderful and kind. The only negative was that I had asked a couple of times who all would be in the room during the procedure and both times was assured that there would be only two female nurses and my doctor (who is also a woman)...and as they were injecting the sleepy drugs into my IV, in walks a man. I remember feeling a bit shaky but then the drugs kicked in and off to sleep land I went.
Prolly just there to collect the speciMEN for the lab. . Path reports, waiting ...waiting...staying busy....I know my crystal ball is cracked, so I just keep my ass busy while waiting.....No, did I say that ***** now that was funny after I wrote it..so I left it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #408
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default to Catalinarose

congrats on getting thru that. I know the prep is the worst part. I remember how nice the drugs are---my nurse was very pretty so I might have said something innapropriate---oh well--she is probably used to that.
I will keep you in my thoughts til Friday when you get the GOOD NEWS!!!!
Jeano
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #409
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
congrats on getting thru that. I know the prep is the worst part. I remember how nice the drugs are---my nurse was very pretty so I might have said something innapropriate---oh well--she is probably used to that.
Jeano
Good news would be fabulous, Mustangjeano!! I am not worried at all, actually. I have had a profound peace in my heart since all of this started back in May. Well, a few tiny meltdowns, but mostly fierce determination and lots of love and support from my family. I am blessed!

Tommi, you crack me up!! I think most of my anxiety around this whole procedure was about how many people would be looking at my pooper! In my mind there was going to be like 30-50 people in the room with me...all pointing and gasping and laughing. One might say I have a wee butt-hole complex.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #410
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Good news would be fabulous, Mustangjeano!! I am not worried at all, actually. I have had a profound peace in my heart since all of this started back in May. Well, a few tiny meltdowns, but mostly fierce determination and lots of love and support from my family. I am blessed!

Tommi, you crack me up!! I think most of my anxiety around this whole procedure was about how many people would be looking at my pooper! In my mind there was going to be like 30-50 people in the room with me...all pointing and gasping and laughing. One might say I have a wee butt-hole complex.
Hah, there isn't room for more one person to get in a good wisecrack. Bah da Bumm..

Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #411
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Jeano
Jeano,
I hear ya on that one. I looked at the nurse that put in my IV before "That procedure" and said Hello Beautiful.
That was BEFORE the lights went out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #412
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clay update

hey all, just a note to let you know Clay is doing ok, she goes in next tue for her second colon-scope, hopefully they will give her a date soon for the surgery, the waiting is driving her nuts (as to be expected) She hopes to be back online tonight or tomorrow..she misses you guys!
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #413
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember how nice the drugs are---my nurse was very pretty so I might have said something innapropriate---oh well--she is probably used to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Jeano,
I hear ya on that one. I looked at the nurse that put in my IV before "That procedure" and said Hello Beautiful.
That was BEFORE the lights went out.
I can "one up" you both.

My GI guy is this sweet, cute nerdy guy who has a huge smile and just randomly blushes for no reason.

After the colonoscopy as my g.f. was standing next to me and he was giving me the results I said, "You are really cute. If I wasn't gay I would be into you" (or something along those lines). Poor guy got all embarrassed and blushed (I think he did, anyway...I was all drugged up!). And imagine this, I did not remember I had said that until a couple of months after it happened! My g.f. had never mentioned it.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #414
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Update

Just wanted to mention that my partner's mother's surgery went well and she is now home. They say that it went well. They will get the results of the biopsy on the lymph nodes next Tuesday.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #415
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I'm Bacckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...smiles

Hey everyone:
I am soooo happy to have internet back again. Damn I was miserable....thanks to all of you!!!! I caught up on the thread....
TO EVERYONE: thanks so much for checking in on me....for posting to me, and for all the well wishes , prayers, and just all around loving, kind support!
CATALINAROSE: AWesome job, my friend. It is NOT bad..at all..we don't know most of it anyway! lol...Just so you know, your doctor will have results withinb 48 hrs. CALL Them and ask what they are!!!! tomorrow. They will have results!!!
DAPPER: Please give T.F. my very best wishes and I will hold her, her mom, and you all up in my prayers!
JEAN: Excellent job..on so many years out.
DEBBY: Awaiting what your surgeon says.....I hold you close to my heart!!! PINKSTER, you!!!! I love you,. my angel!!!
TOMMI: dayummm..to have a "crystal ball" PLUS it be carcked...wowser..be very careful...lmao..hugs buddy!
OOAK: Hope things are good for you..haven't seen a post from you in a bit..take care...sending you best wishes! Hugs...
TO all the other BRAVE WARRIORS: Know I send each and everyone of you huge hugs......keep up the strong fight, stay focused, and stay positive! YOU are not alone!!!!
COUNTY: YOU are a truly amazing friend...and I am very blessed!!!!! It is so comforting knowing you will be there for Heidi, to be with me during surgery, and all that you are doing to help me, support me through this, and your friendship!!! I want you to know you have my utmost deepest thanks..always...May God bless you....you are truly an angel!
PURPLE SPARKLY ONE: YOU are such a guiding force, you send me the very best of energies, calmness, and serenity when I need it most! YOU are an incredible friend!!! Stay close to me...I validate you....along with Michael & Raphael! Thanks...and know I appreciate you..so very much...
Thanks, County & Debby...for posting for me..I appreciate you both..hugs...

TO ALL of you...please continue to hold me up in your loving thoughts, prayers, and well wishes! I heart you all...Clay
Old 11-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #416
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My surgery is scheduled for December 9th! I am to be an early AM case...sooo....I will have an Exploratory Laparoscopy with Colectomy (colon resection) via open abdomen AND a Total Hystero via same incision! The Gastro Oncologist is going in first, then when he is done, the Gynie Oncologist will do her hystero magic! I will be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days. Rather than try to update each personally, UPDATES will be posted here!!! I am so going to kick this bugger's royal ass...mess with me..I will show it who is Alpha here!!! <smiles>
PS I have the lovely good luck to have to do a second colonoscopy the 29th. This time I get day one a bottle of mag. citrate, day two a GALLON of GoLytely! I will be having a "GoLytely" martini party..and will gladly share a glass with any of you....smiles...have an awesome day...Clay
Old 11-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #417
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper, thanks for the update on your partner's Mom. Glad the surgery went well and I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Clay, You are a warrior man. You are inspiring. I will be with you in spirit and prayer.
Jeano
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #418
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default 7 years after ~ Total Radical Hysterctomy, OOpherectomy, and 16 lymph nodes later

Cancer is a pesky stop along our long road of life. In the wake of all the tests, and surgery and scary nights and days, just know there are millions of cancer survivors here on Planet Earth. "The Big C" is no longer the death sentence it once was for everyone that had a diagnosis.We stand tall (well ~ some of us don't stand tall as others but we think we do* ) We have been there, done that, and moved on.

For those of us, and those that have loved ones going through a scary time , and for those caring about and for the folks that need your love and encouragement I send Big Baskets of Love and candy and flowers.

claybaby, you are gonna be squeaky clean. So, you must have a while to get ready for the recovery at home process. Get a maid. Get a cook. Get comfy jammies that will be easy on and off.

They told me I couldn't lift anything heavier than a loaf of bread for the first several weeks and no sex****. and I was dating this beautiful, Hollywoood make-up artist, who came to take care of me post-op~~and ...well, I just knew that thing about no sex did not apply in my case* I did NOT lift any bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I can "one up" you both.

My GI guy is this sweet, cute nerdy guy who has a huge smile and just randomly blushes for no reason.

After the colonoscopy as my g.f. was standing next to me and he was giving me the results I said, "You are really cute. If I wasn't gay I would be into you" (or something along those lines). Poor guy got all embarrassed and blushed (I think he did, anyway...I was all drugged up!). And imagine this, I did not remember I had said that until a couple of months after it happened! My g.f. had never mentioned it.

And he was proud ...He probably is still sharing that story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Just wanted to mention that my partner's mother's surgery went well and she is now home. They say that it went well. They will get the results of the biopsy on the lymph nodes next Tuesday.
Dapper, While she is waiting I hope she can visualize her lil nodes being all nice and clean and clear of any cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
My surgery is scheduled for December 9th! I am to be an early AM case...sooo....I will have an Exploratory Laparoscopy with Colectomy (colon resection) via open abdomen AND a Total Hystero via same incision! The Gastro Oncologist is going in first, then when he is done, the Gynie Oncologist will do her hystero magic! I will be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days. Rather than try to update each personally, UPDATES will be posted here!!! I am so going to kick this bugger's royal ass...mess with me..I will show it who is Alpha here!!! <smiles>
PS I have the lovely good luck to have to do a second colonoscopy the 29th. This time I get day one a bottle of mag. citrate, day two a GALLON of GoLytely! I will be having a "GoLytely" martini party..and will gladly share a glass with any of you....smiles...have an awesome day...Clay
They are really going to take a good peak and some video's maybe for next season reruns.

Well clay, you will have the cleanest bowel that side of the Rio Grande and a grande time with all that drinkin'. Glad to see that you have two specialists doing the surgery.

Quote:
Dapper, thanks for the update on your partner's Mom. Glad the surgery went well and I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Clay, You are a warrior man. You are inspiring. I will be with you in spirit and prayer.
Jeano

Hey Jeano , we'll keep the fireplace stoked and the warm comfy wishes flowing. Glad to see you here.

Tommi
Old 11-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #419
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
Hi, Clay. Just a reminder that my illness was colon cancer and I had a colon resection via the traditional, open method. I actually had to have a second resection because I an obstruction a couple of weeks later. SO, since I did it twice, I know quite a bit about the recovery if you need some info. at any point along the way.

Feel free to PM me. Hang in there. Glad to see your enthusiam at kicking this in the butt!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #420
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Just a pre-holiday update....

Just got off the phone with my mother. She cheerfully tells me that the mass is gone, but that she forgot to pick up the written report.

She also tells me that they have taken her down to 12 hours in 24 on the TPN, in part to stimulate her appetite.

Her weight is up to 118.

Her next appointment is December 8 with the urologist (about that kidney that was acting up)...and she has chemo before that....but now I can book her flight for anything December 10 or after.

I should feel better about all of this, except that she sounds like she's lying.

I could call her doctor and ask for the truth...but I'm honestly just past it.

All of our old crap is coming back up...and I'm in for a 3 or 4 month flashback of my youth.

Someone please have bail money ready.