Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #41
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
info on xenical.............. http://www.drugs.com/xenical.html

basically it blocks fat from being absorbed.....which means any and all fat you eat gets pooped out almost immediately......get ready for some seriously abnormal stools and gas.....close proximity to a bathroom is a requirement...

here is the side effects part from above: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/xenical-side-effects.html

I know folks who tried it and lasted maybe two weeks before they stopped taking it......because of the gastrointestinal problems.

-------------------
Safeway grocery stores sell stevia.....there are a couple of different brand names....so does Trader Joe's and Whole Foods...it should be in most big chain grocery stores where you find sugar.
Another thought of Fat and it's importance, especially to ones brain. Which my 19 year old informed me about last night, during our discussion of dieting and people who choose no-fat diets.

What are we doing to our brains?

Healthy fats are essential to good health
The human body uses fatty acids to do everything from building cell membranes to performing key functions in the brain, eyes, and lungs. The functions of fats include:

Brain – Fats compose 60% of the brain and are essential to brain function, including learning abilities, memory retention and moods. Fats are especially important for pregnant women, since they are integral to fetal brain development.

Cells – Fatty acids help your cells stay moveable and flexible, as well as being responsible for building cell membranes.

Heart – 60% of our heart’s energy comes from burning fats. Specific fats are also used to help keep the heart beating in a regular rhythm.

Nerves – Fats compose the material that insulates and protects the nerves, isolating electrical impulses and speeding their transmission.

Lungs – Lung surfactant, which requires a high concentration of saturated fats, enables the lungs to work and keeps them from collapsing.

Eyes – Fats are essential to eye function.

Digestion – Fats in a meal slow down the digestion process so the body has more time to absorb nutrients. Fats help provide a constant level of energy and also keep the body satiated for longer periods of time. Fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can only be absorbed if fat is present.

Organs – Fats cushion and protect your internal organs.

Immune System –Some fats ease inflammation, helping your metabolism and immune system stay healthy and functioning.

Obviously there is lots on the subject. I have been contemplating going on a fat free diet - have done this before and lots tons of weight. Never thinking the ill effects it might have to the rest of me.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #42
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

So glad you posted this IF! The nutritionist I worked with early on in my diabetes had a long talk with me about healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc.) and unhealthy fats (trans fats, fatty red meat, processed foods in general)...and it's an important distinction.

I think too often we think of fat as the enemy...and we're lumping the good in with the bad. There's a world of difference to your body if you're eating fresh avocado vs. french fries.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

What I learned in my Anatomy and Physiology class is that it takes nine hours for the body to breakdown fats. That your body needs proteins in order to keep the body healthy and that you live without carbs and fats but not proteins. I love cooking with extra virgin olive oil and fresh spices.

I am excited about starting my Human Nutrition class on the 18th.

Have a good day,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Another thought of Fat and it's importance, especially to ones brain. Which my 19 year old informed me about last night, during our discussion of dieting and people who choose no-fat diets.

What are we doing to our brains?

Healthy fats are essential to good health
The human body uses fatty acids to do everything from building cell membranes to performing key functions in the brain, eyes, and lungs. The functions of fats include:

Brain – Fats compose 60% of the brain and are essential to brain function, including learning abilities, memory retention and moods. Fats are especially important for pregnant women, since they are integral to fetal brain development.

Cells – Fatty acids help your cells stay moveable and flexible, as well as being responsible for building cell membranes.

Heart – 60% of our heart’s energy comes from burning fats. Specific fats are also used to help keep the heart beating in a regular rhythm.

Nerves – Fats compose the material that insulates and protects the nerves, isolating electrical impulses and speeding their transmission.

Lungs – Lung surfactant, which requires a high concentration of saturated fats, enables the lungs to work and keeps them from collapsing.

Eyes – Fats are essential to eye function.

Digestion – Fats in a meal slow down the digestion process so the body has more time to absorb nutrients. Fats help provide a constant level of energy and also keep the body satiated for longer periods of time. Fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can only be absorbed if fat is present.

Organs – Fats cushion and protect your internal organs.

Immune System –Some fats ease inflammation, helping your metabolism and immune system stay healthy and functioning.

Obviously there is lots on the subject. I have been contemplating going on a fat free diet - have done this before and lots tons of weight. Never thinking the ill effects it might have to the rest of me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #44
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet potatoes are good to! What I learn in my human nutrition class, I will gladly pass it on!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
So glad you posted this IF! The nutritionist I worked with early on in my diabetes had a long talk with me about healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc.) and unhealthy fats (trans fats, fatty red meat, processed foods in general)...and it's an important distinction.

I think too often we think of fat as the enemy...and we're lumping the good in with the bad. There's a world of difference to your body if you're eating fresh avocado vs. french fries.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #45
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Diet is the food you eat.........we all are on a diet....

The truth is changing your diet must be a permanent thing. You can't expect weight loss to be permanent with most of these diet plans because you will simply go back to your old eating habits as soon as you lose the pounds you wanted.

You have to permanently change your eating habits. That is one of the reasons Weight Watchers works.

I know a few folks who have had good results long-term by simply cutting out white processed food......white rice, white bread, white sugar, white flour, etc...........

-----------------
I hate pill pushing doctors.....you can go to the doctor and walk out without getting a prescription.........I also do my best to know about what drugs I am taking. The internet is such a good tool for that....... drugs.com is a good place to start......
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #46
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I agree Toughy. Diet is what we eat. I've tried many diets over the years all worked until I'd lost some weight, hit a plateau lose interest and go back to eating like I'm use to and gain the weight back.

I've lost weight cutting out fat, cutting out whites, cutting out soft drinks, and cutting out carbs. Just one at the time on different occasions. The most weight I've ever lost and kept off for any length of time and yall are going to laugh was. In '84 I lost 90 pounds drinking beer and eating rice and cream of mushroom or chicken soup and smoking ciggy's. LOL I kept it all off until the mid to late 90's and I think as Sassy has hit on, I think the regain was psychological.

Though I now know it can be dangerous to cut out anything totally, I think one of the best things I ever did was South Beach. Yes I had caffeine withdrawal and sugar withdrawal and a head ache from hell for 3 days about day 10 or 12 and the shakes from not having sugar for 2 weeks, I'd never go that route again but the best thing that came from it is that I haven't and don't truly crave anything ever and haven't since I did South Beach probably about 8 or 10 yrs ago and I did maintain that weight for several years.

The best thing I have found is lifestyle changes and eating habits are better than any "diet". Portion control and exercise. I hate it myself because I want results fast but unfortunately that isn't the way I gained it and it's doubtful I'll lose it that quickly either.

Good Luck to everyone regardless of your choice of dieting strategy.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #47
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I don't drink coffee - I get my caffeine from Pepsi. I know the sugar and stuff is bad for me - but I drink it anyway.
A few months back I had a bad cold. Since I was feeling like crap anyway I decided that it was the perfect time to give up Pepsi. The headaches and general crappyness the Pepsi withdrawal caused I blamed on my cold. It was bad for a couple of days and then I felt great.
However - I fell off the wagon going into the holidays. The Rum & Cokes were just a stepping stone to total relapse. But - I'm going to give up Pepsi again. Is it odd that I'm hoping I'll catch a cold soon?
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #48
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That's a great suggestion Zimmy! I love soda and miss it, but know that I can't drink regular soda...and diet soda isn't great for me either. Last time I was in AZ my work buddy turned me on to Zevia soda also...sweetened with Stevia, so no sugar, no artificial sweetener...and stevia actually has a stabilizing effect on diabetics' blood sugar levels. It's expensive, and I need to order it.....although I just discovered Amazon will deliver it free.
I plan to try this soda. Just heard about it and found out I should be able to get it in my area.

Personally, I don't like Stevia as a sugar substitute, but I am going to see what it is like in the soda.

Until recently I used this: http://www.wheylow.com/ as my sugar substitute and it was far the best I have found.

Recently I started using Agave Nectar, natural, made from the juice of the agave. This is the brand I have acccess to in my area: http://www.madhavahoney.com/AgaveNectar.aspx

Good thread, Jo.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #49
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
JustJo, make sure you scrape all the dressing off the middle piece of bread and back in to the burger when you remove it. It makes the experience so much better.

Damn, it is 8:30 a.m. ... our city is preparing for an ice storm ... and all I can think of now is a couple of Big Macs. Must get a couple as soon as they start serving burgers at 10:30 a.m. - forunately I have less than a mile to drive.

Gotta have ... the craving has hit! LOL!
For some cravings like this, I make my own version at home that's better for me and often more cost effective. After all, the special sauce is derived from simple, ordinary household foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
ooo Zimmy, interesting, thank you! ive not thought of that..
i know what i 'was' doing was allowing myself a can when i truly, truly craved it .. which seemed to work for about the first week but, then i kinda fell off the wagon and so i'm thinking i just need to stop it altogether..

one day i was watching Dr Oz (I LOVE DR OZ!!!) and the program had a bit in it about diet soda, and i learned that diet soda although low in calories really isn't great and a lot of people cannot lose weight while drinking it, kinda screws things up.. wonder if i could find the article on his site somewhere...
ANYway, i've been a diet pepsi drinker, so i know i really need to quit it! lol..

finding something as an alternate for when i really crave it would be a great idea, thank you! i'm going to look for something like that.. because i know if i drank mostly water and then had a craving, a small glass of something would be enough to curb my realllllllly wanting that diet pepsi, eh! hehe..
Diet drinks have formaldehyde in them. While it may help to keep you looking younger, I'm not sure the inside of your body will be as lucky.

Quote:
Hi sylvie,

I'm so glad you posted this! I was hunting for a link that I (thought) I had put in the diabetes thread...but now I'm not finding it....grrrrrrr....

Anyway, there have been studies that show that diet soda (and artifical sweeteners) while having zero calories themselves, actually increase your cravings for sweet foods...and also change the way your body processes the calories it receives from other sources and makes you more likely to store them as fat.

I'll keep looking for the article...
Sweets do tend to create the desire for more in me. The same for carbs. I can eat both until it's coming out of my ears but once I break that cycle, it's harder to slip back into it.

Quote:
ohh, wow, thank you Toughy..
see this is why i want to research anything, my doctor is very much a pill pusher, and i'm very much against taking medication for no good reason..
i really, seriously appreciate the link, don't think i'll be trying that , seems the water is curbing it and if i can get over a one or two week period i'm sure the appetite problem will start to get easier. (least i hope so)..
When I first started working out more, my appetite became rampant. In about two to two and a half weeks, it calmed down and a lot of my very intense cravings disappeared. I only rarely get cravings now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #50
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

yess Gemme i heard that usually once you are over that 2 week hump, it gets easier (and yay you!! must be awesome to rarely have the cravings).. i seem to cave in prior to that 2 week hump - lol !!! but, i am going to do lots of water drinking, i actually find now that im being more faithful with getting lots of water into me, my appetite isn't all too bad!
i definitely won't be trying that xenical now, eesh!
i think my biggest thing i need to work on right now, is the diet soda..
from reading everything posted, and some articiles on sparkpeople, my appetite is probably increased more with all the diet soda drinking i was doing too.. so, my best bet is to quit it.. QUIT IT LOL.. (thats a message to myself in caps) and go from there.. the rest i am pretty sure i'm getting on track with...

so my plan is, not doing this one day and another one day.. but staying firm on working on it all together, now! =)

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #51
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

ohhhh and today, i made it to the Gym bright & early.. the workout was great, i always feel so awesome and energetic after working out or getting outside and walking.. After the Gym, i walked to my appointment (also walked to the gym)

it's amazing how i not only feel energetic, but it really, really puts a super positive spin on the rest of my day.. i've been eating really well today and drinking lots of water too..

i really, really, really need to get some batteries for the pedometer now!
ohh and may purchase myself an mp3 player too, for when im walking outdoors.. the outdoor walks are refreshing, and although icy and snowy times i dont want to walk so much, when the nicer weather is upon us i know ill be outside cruising on foot much more often!

lastly, just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone.. between encouraging rep, accepting friend requests and helpful posts, links and group encouragement here on the boards, you all rawk!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #52
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm working on drinking a lot more water too...makes such a difference in how I feel, and it really does help to control appetite too. One technique I'm using was a suggestion I read (somewhere) that said most of the time that we think we're hungry...we're actually thirsty. The idea is that when you feel hungry, have a glass of water and wait 15 or 20 minutes. If you're still hungry...then eat!

I find that about half the time, I was actually thirsty.

I need to get to the farmers market tomorrow...I eat a lot more veggies and fruit when I have a variety of beautiful, fresh stuff in the house.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #53
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I love to drink water! I drank 64oz today and started my morning off with one cup on Soecial K's, Vanilla Almond cereal with 1/3 cup nonfat milk.

I put in my current weight and my goal weight into my LoseIt app, and I am only allowed to eat 1,200 calories a day.

Have a good night,

Zimmy

Quote:
I'm working on drinking a lot more water too...makes such a difference in how I feel, and it really does help to control appetite too. One technique I'm using was a suggestion I read (somewhere) that said most of the time that we think we're hungry...we're actually thirsty. The idea is that when you feel hungry, have a glass of water and wait 15 or 20 minutes. If you're still hungry...then eat!

I need to get to the farmers market tomorrow...I eat a lot more veggies and fruit when I have a variety of beautiful, fresh stuff in the house.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #54
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have heard that, too. Plus, how one should drink a glass of water prior to eating, since it fills you up.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #55
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I love my iPod shuffle for when I go powerwalking. My iPod shuffle is hot pink.

Have a good day,

Zimmy

Quote:
ohhhh and today, i made it to the Gym bright & early.. the workout was great, i always feel so awesome and energetic after working out or getting outside and walking.. After the Gym, i walked to my appointment (also walked to the gym)

it's amazing how i not only feel energetic, but it really, really puts a super positive spin on the rest of my day.. i've been eating really well today and drinking lots of water too..

i really, really, really need to get some batteries for the pedometer now!
ohh and may purchase myself an mp3 player too, for when im walking outdoors.. the outdoor walks are refreshing, and although icy and snowy times i dont want to walk so much, when the nicer weather is upon us i know ill be outside cruising on foot much more often!

lastly, just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone.. between encouraging rep, accepting friend requests and helpful posts, links and group encouragement here on the boards, you all rawk!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #56
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
I love my iPod shuffle for when I go powerwalking. My iPod shuffle is hot pink.

Have a good day,

Zimmy
ohh hot pink!! i lurve pink! =)
i'm definitely going to try and get something soon..
i'm a music lover, and with doing anything, music motivates me more..
i get a better work out when im listening to music, plus the time goes faster eh? hehe...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #57
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i've been loving how drinking more water is making me feel too..
the only way i can drink water is when it is really cold, so i usually pop the bottle into the freezer for a bit and when it gets to the point its starting to freeze, i take it out and drink it then..

i got about six 8 oz. glasses of water into me today, i may grab another now.. i know i'm constantly thirsty, but since i've been off the diet soda, i'm not excessively thirsty like i was..

do any of you's who quit drinking the soda find the same thing?
i still get thirsty often but not as much as i was before.. it was like i couldn't quench my thirst whatsoever..

YAY to all the changes we've been making!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #58
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

One of my favorite artists to powerwalk to is, PitBull. The beat to his music is fun to try and keep up with! If I am not in the mood to listen to him, I listen to Nine Inch Nails. I love to mix up my music.

Have a goodnight,

Zimmy

Quote:
ohh hot pink!! i lurve pink! =)
i'm definitely going to try and get something soon..
i'm a music lover, and with doing anything, music motivates me more..
i get a better work out when im listening to music, plus the time goes faster eh? hehe...

Last edited by Zimmeh; 01-10-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Coffee please, lol
Zimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #59
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

ahhh yes, i love Pitbull and SUPER love Nine Inch Nails, i'm a fan of Trent Reznor!! =) we have similar music tastes Zimmy, so we could swap music players every other day to change it up if we lived close to each other :P

The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #60
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I noticed that to. I think it is from your body's desire for the large amounts of sugar. I found the Izze sodas were a good substitute for a month and then I couldn't drink them anymore.

I now drink one or two 8oz cups of coffee with just creamer, and I usually cannot finish the second cup. I also switched to SoyMilk instead of cow's milk. That has helped with keeping the weight off.

Hope this helps,

Zimmy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: