Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default COVID Life

Hey Folks-

I know many of us have had sweeping changes to our lives during the time of Covid over the last year.

Here is a place to vent, talk, chat, and compare stories. Maybe you've found a good resource to help you navigate the world? Or maybe you've tried a new recipe?

Or maybe you are one of the millions (like me) who are now working at home full-time?

How has the world changed for you? Are you working at home now? Going out less? Hate wearing a mask?

Talk to us!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #2
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of things have changed for me. I still work on campus; only 1/2 of the people who work in our building work from home. I have learned something important about how masks can save your life, as well as helping me to limit contaminates in the air (ie, pollen, allergy triggers) from making me ill. I usually come down with a bad case of allergies, twice a year, spring and fall, but since wearing a mask (now I double mask), I have not yet had the usual bout with allergens. I look forward to the day when we will not have to wear a mask in public. Overall, I'd say the pandemic has reshaped my awareness in social or private ways.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #3
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm

Work just got more intense for me. I've had maybe two days when I worked from home due to potential exposure but other than that I've been in my office every day. Things are extra hard because all of the courts are closed or virtual and very selective so things like restraining orders, felony charges, evictions are damn near impossible which feeds domestic violence which makes my job extra intense. It's hard to get green cards and social security cards for individuals who are trying to get documented in the states so they are in a shitty limbo. I could go on. But the isolation and lack of resources makes things dangerous and mentally distressing to the vulnerable population I work with.

I pretty much just work and go home. Market when we need to, Lowes, Home Depot. I zoom yoga with my girlfriends on Saturdays. I hate yoga but I miss my friends so I Yoga with them. I really miss my family. I'm coming up on a year since I last hugged my mom and that's a really really long time for us. I haven't had 1:1 time with my nephews in over 6 months- just visits through a window. With this cold, those visits don't last long.

However, Daddy and I make good use of our time on the weekends. I'm learning woodworking and learning that I love creating that way. It's really exciting to think of a project and learn how to make it and make learning mistakes on the way and come out with something to be proud of. We planted a killer garden last summer and are making our plans for what to grow this year. Since we built the fence and garden beds and trellis last year, this year will be a lot easier to get going- just need to plant and maintain.

By the end of February we both will have received both COVID shots so, while we still need to be careful to protect others, we can be a little less concerned and hopefully get some social time with others who have been vaccinated.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 04:01 PM   #4
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

As most of you already know, I had Covid at the end of last year. Well, it took awhile, but all of my symptoms are gone except I still don't have my sense of smell back.

So today, I had to get another Covid test (so I can have a hospital procedure next week). When the RN poked me in the nose, I teared up - of course - but then when she quit, I could smell! Only really strong smells - there was a car freshener hanging right by my nose. But since I got home, I can still smell strong smells, like Bath and Body Works hand soap. We'll see what happens!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #5
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
As most of you already know, I had Covid at the end of last year. Well, it took awhile, but all of my symptoms are gone except I still don't have my sense of smell back.

So today, I had to get another Covid test (so I can have a hospital procedure next week). When the RN poked me in the nose, I teared up - of course - but then when she quit, I could smell! Only really strong smells - there was a car freshener hanging right by my nose. But since I got home, I can still smell strong smells, like Bath and Body Works hand soap. We'll see what happens!
Wow that's crazy and good! Maybe you should report that to COVID research?

Reminds me of when my chest used to be numb from surgery but when I got the scars tattood my nerves woke up and I could feel my chest again. Mostly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #6
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Reminds me of when my chest used to be numb from surgery but when I got the scars tattood my nerves woke up and I could feel my chest again. Mostly.
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I hope your nerves didn't wake up until after the tattooing was over.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #7
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I hope your nerves didn't wake up until after the tattooing was over.
Well, it was a six session tattoo. After the second session my nerves were pretty awake. After years with no sensation there I had to use a numbing cream for the remaining sessions because it was intense...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #8
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Covid

I have been working from home for almost a year. I even got a big promotion working from home. It is hard for mom because she is a social lady. I take her for drives and that helps a little. I miss travel and seeing my friends. We all miss eating out.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #9
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve been luckier than most without having much of an impact by Covid. I’ve had lots of changes in the last year, but that’s a result of me unexpectedly quitting my job and reducing the stress more than covid.

Still, I had planned on going on a cruise to Panama and through the canal for their Jazz Festival and that’s not likely to happen now that I’m no longer working. I just hope I can be in crowds again for music, lesbian, and art festivals locally.

I hibernate well, but I like getting out amount my peeps and being infused with that energy.

I’m eligible for the vaccination but will get it as soon as my healthcare plan is updated in Michigan. Didn’t want to get it while traveling with the possibly of getting symptoms and being rejected at the airport if tested (as I was tested).

Lucky to be healthy and safe. Just hoping I stay this way till I get the vaccine.

I live by masks and plastic gloves.

Hoping everyone stays healthy and well.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #10
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Living in Australia,has seemed like an alternative reality to the rest of the world
I live my normal life,my life has not changed
I feel like shit when I come on here and post rubbish,and then read a member has passed away,not sure if it is covid or not,but I think,why did I post that BS,when life in the US has been impacted forever,with so many covid deaths.
I do think of Sherrie often,when I come on here.
we did use to skype,a long time ago

I just don't have any more words,I just feel so fucking sad for all the members here losing people.

sorry for cursing,it's an Aussie thing
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #11
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I live my normal life,my life has not changed
I feel like shit when I come on here and post rubbish . . .
Please don't feel bad to come on here and post about your "normal" life (although it sounds like you have experienced some loss as well). It's wonderful for me to know that somewhere in the world, life is going on for people. I love hearing about your and everybody's everyday lives, with or without Covid, and especially without Covid. It's a relief.

- Prince
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #12
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve just really grown a lot of hair
Old 02-15-2021, 12:06 AM   #13
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Please don't feel bad to come on here and post about your "normal" life (although it sounds like you have experienced some loss as well). It's wonderful for me to know that somewhere in the world, life is going on for people. I love hearing about your and everybody's everyday lives, with or without Covid, and especially without Covid. It's a relief.
It just feels a bit superficial
with everything in the US

covid
Now Trump being acquited
the election
the stroming of your parliament,Ive been to the US,so I can imagine most folks must have been totally traumatised watching,and now that prick has been equited.

If you were Australian we would say
How much can a Koala bear!!!!!!

for me to complain I got a speeding fine,kinda feels,a bit

strange

But thanks for responding
I never know if I should just shut up.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #14
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
My only gripe is not being able to fly "safely"!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #15
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I don't mind the mask, especially when I'm participating in the type of civil disobedience that could get me arrested.

Other than that, the pandemic has been a real drag. I've lost friends and several dozen members of my local labor union. We have a staffing crisis in my field so I've been working a lot more than usual, and most of the time I'm just thankful to have a job while so many people I know have suffered financially.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 09:40 PM   #16
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Default COVID

Hi fellow bfers!

I have been going into work; I am a RN. Socially, its not been fun...the gyms are closed here. And I am now on a Peloton. Most of my family is back east, so theres that. Other than that, life feels fair .
“We have not always been forced to pass, to go underground, in order to work and live. We have a right to live openly and proudly...when our lives are suppressed, everyone is denied an understanding of the rich diversity of sex and gender expression and experience that exist in human society.”
― Leslie Feinberg, Transgender Warriors
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 12:37 PM   #17
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I lost my job, which I loved, so that sucked. I don't mind wearing a mask one little bit. I was kinda born to survive a lockdown being the introvert I am so that was not a big adjustment. I love having my groceries delivered! That was a fun and unexpected surprise. I do miss traveling, shopping and the occasional cocktail with friends though. Like everyone, I will be happy when some sort of 'old' normalcy returns to daily life. This simply can't become our new normal.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:16 PM   #18
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default On the future of working remotely

Before the Covid pandemic, working remotely was something not actually utilized in large scale ways across Organizational America.

I read somewhere earlier today that one business (Yelp) had a few laptops available for working remotely. But when the pandemic exploded, they needed 3K laptops, stat, so they could keep moving forward during the pandemic.

I know, at my work campus, many private sector business and our anchor parent business stradles a 50/50 divide, on a normal basis, but since last March, our parent anchor business has gone from 50/50 to 70/30: meaning that 70% of the parent company business ooperates remotely, with major dept leaders working from campus but their work groups work remotely from home.

In case anyone is interested, i found two news articles concerning the current status of working remotely and another scolarly article which discusses the positive upside to working remotely, as well as addressing the downside remote workers contend with.

See what you think, ok?

CNN article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/succe...ter/index.html

APA journal article: https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/10/cover-remote-work

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #19
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So I went and got my shot on Saturday (03/06/21) and it was the J&J, so One and Done. Hmm OD just does not look right. It was at a mass innoculation site about an hour and a half north of us. Once there it took about 3 hours or so to get through the line. Now it was the first day for mass innoculations and it was cold so there were bumps in the road. I heard Ipads froze up.... but in a true New England fashion, not as in computer lingo. All of this was understandable. After the shot I noticed a little fatigue that night but that was it. The next day some flu like symptoms but they were minor.... achy, nausea, fatigue but no other problems. Now in two weeks I guess I am good to go so here's to modern science!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2021, 12:35 PM   #20
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's been about 3 weeks now since I got my 2nd, and final, Moderna shot. I am now fully vaccinated, thank Jeebuz!!

Here in Texas, there are places that have more than enough vaccine, so we've been getting some folks who have driven from other states (some from Nevada, even!!) to get their vaccines. One of my best USMC buddies and her wife live in Ohio and they're still waiting for their first shots. My friend said that she and her wife are on something like 6 lists for the vaccine, and they are still having to wait weeks, despite the fact that both she and her wife are in high risk/priority categories. It's unbelievable!!

Please be patient, folks, if you are on a list and still waiting. It will be worth it, believe me.

~Theo~