Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #361
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Closet 3325 N Broadway St Chicago

I noticed reviewers on Yelp still posted comments about how unfriendly and dirty this bar was! Back in 2005 I found the same to be true as well but...
maybe I lucked out the night I went in because it was clean and the bartender was very friendly. Can't ask for more than that IMHO...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #362
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

If you're going to be in Chicago and need a sugar fix stop by any of the Fanny May stores. I believe this one is in the Water Tower Place but there are several other locals as well.

It isn't See's but it pretty dam close IMHO....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #363
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're going to be visiting Chicago before summer ends don't miss.........

L'Appetito 30 E Huron St, Chicago, IL (this is on the ground level of the John Handcock Center) Bakery, sandwiches, salads & it's ALL delicious! My favorite was the chocolate chip muffin......
Old 08-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #364
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I had never been to this ( a huge flea market) until yesterday when my nephew and his family dragged me there! Of course I didn't buy anything but it was a great people watching venue!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #365
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you enjoy beer along with some delicious morsels and are going to be in Chicago check out Kaiser Tiger at 1415 W Randolph St, Chicago.

Everything I tried was fantastic!

There are several healthy options too. I did not partake but my nephew enjoyed some of the vast selections of beers they offer...........

Plenty of outside seating for those who enjoy that sort of thing...
Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #366
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

I had never been to this ( a huge flea market) until yesterday when my nephew and his family dragged me there! Of course I didn't buy anything but it was a great people watching venue!
If you're visiting Chicago in Sept check this out......
Next event is September 29 - 30, 2018 10am-5pm 1341 W Randolf St, Chicago
Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #367
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're a movie buff and are going to be in Chicago during these dates check out the

Gay film festival
September 20 - 30, 2018
Various Chicago locations
Reeling is Chicago’s LGBTQ International Film Festival.

http://reelingfilmfestival.org/2018/
Old 09-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #368
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

602 19th Ave E, Seattle

There was a good review of this in the Seattle Times so our last trip over to the city we tried it out and it was DELICIOUS.........

If you go, don't forget to walk down the block and try Hello Robin cookies!
Old 09-22-2018, 05:27 AM   #369
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Last night they showed this on Triple D (Diners Drive-Ins & Dives) and it just so happens I'm planning on being in Chicago Thanksgiving Day weekend (or perhaps even sooner) so I'll be checking it out personally for myself!

Bella Luna Cafe 731 N Dearborn St
Old 10-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #370
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

EVERYTHING here was delicious!

435 North Clark Street Chicago
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #371
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're going to be in Chicago around the up coming holidays and don't know where or what you should do, visit the Chicago Visitor's Center. There are several locations in the city. Just find the one closest to where you're staying. The location pictured here is right around the corner from Water Tower place.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #372
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

My nephew informs me we'll be stopping here at least once during the Thanksgiving week-end in Chicago!

He didn't mention which location but I'm figuring either Wells or Chestnut!
Old 10-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #373
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

If you're in North County San Diego on November 3, then you need to check out the 4th Annual Tamale Festival.

The Escondido Tamale Festival is a celebration of Tamales and all the great Latin foods that have become iconic staples of California's culture. It's a look back at the history of the Spanish and Mexican settlers who have influenced and contributed so much to our multicultural community, and a show of appreciation for the traditions which have so positively affected Escondido. Mark your calendars and come to Escondido in North San Diego County for some traditional fun and the best tamales in Southern California!

There will be contests with prizes (Best Tamale Contest, Chihuahua Costume Contest and the Amateur Salsa Dance Contests), free general admission, live entertainment, beer and wine garden.

http://www.escondidotamalefestival.org/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #374
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Going to be in Chicago area anytime soon? If so check out

Caffe Umbria
346 N Clark St Chicago
(River North, Near North Side)

My nephew turned me on to this gem my last trip to Chicago!

I am not a coffee drinker but the pastries here were out of this world!
Old 10-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #375
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
https://www.themercantile.com/pages/...the-mercantile

It's located in Pawhuska, Oklahoma. The food is worth the wait.

JD, I see she's also opened a pizza joint as well (P-Town Pizza). Everything looks delicious there as well.......
Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #376
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

If you're flying into Chicago's O'Hare field and are unsure of what mode of transport to take to get downtown, by all means take the blue line El train that runs right under the airport terminal station! TRUST me on this, ESPECIALLY if it's during rush hour! As you go sailing past the "parking lot" of an expressway hopefully you'll remember this post and smile to yourself!
BUMP BUMP BUMP...
Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #377
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

The Coffee & Tea Exchange 3311 N Broadway Chicago

You can buy as little as a quarter lb of beans or tea........
Going to be doing any holiday shopping in Chicago?

Don't forget this place if you have coffee lovers on your Christmas list....
Old 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM   #378
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

10811 NE State Hwy 104 #101, Kingston, WA

Best croissants!
Location is the same only the name has changed and for the life of me I can't recall what it is!
They are more focused on being a restaurant now tho than strictly just a bakery! Croissants are still the best.........
Old 10-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #379
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

so many deep dish pizza joints to pick from but try

Pequod's 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago,

The edges of the almost-2-inch-high crust is blackened to crispy perfection, making the mozzarella where the two meet caramelized heaven.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #380
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Dahlia Bakery

2001 4th Ave (b/t Lenora St & Virginia St Belltown neighborhood)

Seattle,

Enjoyed some fine treats from here our last visit over to Seattle......