Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default What have you learned?

This can be anything...that's changed your mind, your routine, your ethics,..everything here is worthy of listening to, so don't be shy Thanks
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default tonight..

learning about living forever..and a term that interested me "Omega Point"
This theory was developed by a French Jesuit which postulates that the omega point which in his view caused the universe to grow in complexity and consciousness..it is part of a bigger theory which in a nut shell proposes that the universe will never throw anything away and it will eventually recycle us in a somewhat revised consciousness (you can call that whatever you want) ..this is something I've always believed and hearing it approached in this way blew my mind..
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was going to be a smartass and say 'not a damn thing' but then I realized I did learn something today.

I learned that Alberta, Canada is having a problem with rampant bunnies. Some will be trapped but the rest will be euthanized and that makes me sad. They're going to kill Thumper!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation
Default I learnt about Eros - The Being of Love

I learnt that Eros is a really complicated Greek Being. I learnt more about Love, Complete Love, not just carnal Love that I ever thought I would.

I learnt that I cannot always pick a Being to work with, nope this time Eros tapped me on the shoulder and said - Sit down I got a tale for you - So, if you are encountering a Primordial Being - sit down, hush, follow the lead, and figure it out.

Primordial – generally when we think of that word, most of us follow it with ooze. Well, I beg of you not to think of ooze when I mention Primordial.
The word "parthenogenesis" comes from the Greek parthenos, meaning "virgin", and genesis, meaning "birth".

Hesiod, Aristophanes and the Orphica are the oldest written references to Eros. It is difficult to find even glimpses of the Primordial Beings because written history came so long after our ancestors who told stories about them.

ristophanes, Birds 685 ff (trans. O'Neill) (Greek comedy C5th to 4th B.C.) :
"At the beginning there was only Khaos (Air), Nyx (Night), dark Erebos (Darkness), and deep Tartaros (Lower World) Firstly, black-winged Nyx (Night) laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebos (Darkness), and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated [or fertilised] in deep Tartaros with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did not exist until Eros had brought together all the ingredients of the world… Thus our origin is very much older than that of the dwellers in Olympos. We are the offspring of Eros; there are a thousand proofs to show it. "

Now I want to stop and tell you that Eros was a two faced Being. Orphica, Argonautica 6TH Cen “ two-sexed, two-faced, glorious Eros”. Eros is portrayed as a beautiful golden-winged hermaphroditic deity wrapped in a serpent's coils. When we reconsider what Aristophanes said “He mated in deep Tartaros (the lower world) with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race”... Of course Eros could - Hermaphroditic Beings can.

Our Beginnings do come from Union. Not separation.

Anyway...

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I learnt that Eros is a really complicated Greek Being. I learnt more about Love, Complete Love, not just carnal Love that I ever thought I would.

I learnt that I cannot always pick a Being to work with, nope this time Eros tapped me on the shoulder and said - Sit down I got a tale for you - So, if you are encountering a Primordial Being - sit down, hush, follow the lead, and figure it out.

Primordial – generally when we think of that word, most of us follow it with ooze. Well, I beg of you not to think of ooze when I mention Primordial.
The word "parthenogenesis" comes from the Greek parthenos, meaning "virgin", and genesis, meaning "birth".

Hesiod, Aristophanes and the Orphica are the oldest written references to Eros. It is difficult to find even glimpses of the Primordial Beings because written history came so long after our ancestors who told stories about them.

ristophanes, Birds 685 ff (trans. O'Neill) (Greek comedy C5th to 4th B.C.) :
"At the beginning there was only Khaos (Air), Nyx (Night), dark Erebos (Darkness), and deep Tartaros (Lower World) Firstly, black-winged Nyx (Night) laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebos (Darkness), and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated [or fertilised] in deep Tartaros with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did not exist until Eros had brought together all the ingredients of the world… Thus our origin is very much older than that of the dwellers in Olympos. We are the offspring of Eros; there are a thousand proofs to show it. "

Now I want to stop and tell you that Eros was a two faced Being. Orphica, Argonautica 6TH Cen “ two-sexed, two-faced, glorious Eros”. Eros is portrayed as a beautiful golden-winged hermaphroditic deity wrapped in a serpent's coils. When we reconsider what Aristophanes said “He mated in deep Tartaros (the lower world) with dark Khaos (Air), winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race”... Of course Eros could - Hermaphroditic Beings can.

Our Beginnings do come from Union. Not separation.

Anyway...
I am assuming your understanding came first..but what makes it marvelous is that you could apply it to something tangible in your life..this happens to all of us but loving everything greek, this speaks to me..I'm going to have to read it a few times to digest it ..
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I was going to be a smartass and say 'not a damn thing' but then I realized I did learn something today.

I learned that Alberta, Canada is having a problem with rampant bunnies. Some will be trapped but the rest will be euthanized and that makes me sad. They're going to kill Thumper!

Gemme I'm just don't get why evolved beings still believe its ok to kill another living thing, just because it's expedient..I keep hoping we are going to really get it (at some point)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

This is from personal use and interaction with marijuana.

I used to be so against any and all kinds of drugs when I was growing up, that's what I was taught. But when my PTSD flared up, I looked to pot to sooth my anger and depression. Come to find out, it works for me! It makes me very mellow and occasionally I'll laugh, but generally just very laid back. Because of this, I think marijuana should now be legalized in all 50 states, and not for just glaucoma either!

How do I suggest the government get their grubby little fingers in the pie? Farmers could grow it, subsidized by the government, sell it to smoke shops who then sell it highly taxed to the public. SURELY I'm not the only person in America to think of this!

One thing I have learned is that I'm awful truthful when I'm high on pot
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I learned my dog wont eat raw carrots but will eat cooked ones

I learned I will eat both

I learned that when you measure a package to mail and give the measurements to the PO worker, they will measure it themselves and find its something different

I have learned you cannot spray paint outside very well in the winter

I have learned that the chances of a cat gacking on plastic is nill but 100% sure it will gack on your white antique couch

I have learned if I dont take my medicines I am worse than a woman PMSing on salt overload

I have learned to this day, my 27 year old dotter mimicks me, both good and bad

I have learned my mother really was so very mean to me when i was a child. So very very mean to me.

I have learned people dont get over childhood traumas. they more or less grow up around them and function the best they can once out of harm's way

I have learned that no matter how many times you play with the jack in the box, you will still jump when he pops out

I have learned not to make appts in my planner in ink
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
This is from personal use and interaction with marijuana.

I used to be so against any and all kinds of drugs when I was growing up, that's what I was taught. But when my PTSD flared up, I looked to pot to sooth my anger and depression. Come to find out, it works for me! It makes me very mellow and occasionally I'll laugh, but generally just very laid back. Because of this, I think marijuana should now be legalized in all 50 states, and not for just glaucoma either!

How do I suggest the government get their grubby little fingers in the pie? Farmers could grow it, subsidized by the government, sell it to smoke shops who then sell it highly taxed to the public. SURELY I'm not the only person in America to think of this!

One thing I have learned is that I'm awful truthful when I'm high on pot
i don't think words could express how very deeply i agree with you..we live in a nutty world, there isnt much fair about it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default learned..

all kinds of love (in this world) but you have to love yourself first otherwise you risk loving things that can't love you back (the way you deserve to be)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default learned (the hard way)

when there is a disagreement, its better to just shut the f*** up and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt
Old 12-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default learned..

lying to yourself is the worse kind of lie
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

Miss Tia, your dog may be allergic to raw carrots. i am lol ... seriously.
they make my ears itch LOL. crazy itching!

kitty, my momma always says, what's worse than doing wrong, ...
to know it's wrong and still do it. a little on the same line as lying to yourself.

i've learned that the space between the stars can be mine if i work hard enough to get there. and if i don't, i'll forget there's space to be had in a universe that holds more than one kind of heaven.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default learned (the hard way)

what is a true friend? Plenty of people think they have tons of people who truly love them and will stand by them..if they do they are blessed..to me a true friend is someone who's knows you inside and out and still loves you no matter what..who will face death with you and count themselves lucky to have been a part of your life..i haven't been lucky like that yet, every "friend" i've ever had has in one way or another betrayed me (this maybe karma) but I digress. I let very few people in my life close to me, but if I consider you a friend, yes i will face death with you and if i have to give up mine to save yours..that's friendship (at least the only kind that counts)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post

i've learned that the space between the stars can be mine if i work hard enough to get there. and if i don't, i'll forget there's space to be had in a universe that holds more than one kind of heaven.
I love this, it's an ultimate truth
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #16
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that eating salted sunflower seeds makes my tongue mummified
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #17
Honey

How Do You Identify?:
big femme heart..... in a tight girlie package
Preferred Pronoun?:
just call me Honey
Relationship Status:
Playin' 4 keeps with Tomboi1982

Honey Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that you really can't drive when someone is breathing in your ear.....................
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Honey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #18
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

wihl is that it doesn't matter how many times people are given the benefit of the doubt. they usually screw it up with the original nefarious intent. trust my gut!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #19
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

No matter what or how long...I've learned to never tell anyone where I keep my buried treasure.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that what I want isn't necessarily what I need.

I have learned that in order to receive anything (love, tolerance, patience, acceptance) I have to give it as well.