Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #2061
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool i read a lot and mana diff'rent genres...

currently engrossed in "mother earth, father sky" and getting reeled in non-stop.

(to be fair, it is meant fo' a much younger audience than me. yet, i'm intrigued none the less)

(http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...rth_Father_Sky)
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #2062
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I've just started reading 'The Goldfinch' by Donna Tartt
It's soooooooooo good, completely addictive, I don't want to put it down.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #2063
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I am finally reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

I have seen it on the shelves at book stores for years and the cover never appealed to me nor did the synopsis.

Well, I was wrong, it is a really good read. I am looking forward to exploring the other books in the series. I like the clean prose that Orson Scott Card writes in, not too sappy and full of pointless description yet still captures the bare bones of the moment so I am able to see the characters world.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #2064
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading two books:

Double Down: Game Change 2012 by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann

Man of War: My Adventures in the World of Historical Reenactment by Charlie Schroeder

I'm far more into the second one.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #2065
Deirdre

How Do You Identify?:
Le Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sugar & Spice (and Merlot)

Deirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST Reputation

I am waiting for that next great book that drags me in and has me reeling for weeks and months. But for now, I'm filling that gap with various stuff. Currently I am reading an old, old book by Lord Dunsany called "The King of Elfland's Daughter."
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #2066
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The only reading I've been doing lately has been school reading.

The last book I read was Stormcaller, and the sequel to Apocalypse Z (I know there are many out there but I can't remember the name of the author, think he is from Cuba).

I am itching to get into a good, long book. I also read Ender's Game and enjoyed it, was a nice light read!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #2067
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #2068
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Four Short Plays by Lanford Wilson
(Days Ahead, The Madness of Lady Bright, This is the Rill Speaking, Say De Kooning)

and

Parfumerie adapted by E.P. Dowdall
(From the Hungarian play Illatszertár by Miklós László)

And...on my reading to do list:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #2069
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Juicy Books.

"Running & Being" by George Sheehan, M.D.

This classic finally re-printed...he was a poet
in sensibility and his writing has been missed.

"The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle"

by Haruki Murakami

juicy, juicy, juicy writing.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #2070
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLY View Post
Last night I finished "To Kill A Mockingbird" and started "Orange Is The New Black" Just as I enjoy a variety of music, anywhere from Bee Gees to Three doors down to Lionel Richie to Linkin Park, I have been enjoying a variety of very different books
Finished "Orange Is The New Black" couple of weekends ago and have been reading "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ONLY For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #2071
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

James McBride's latest novel: The Good Lord Bird (Aug. 2013).

I was a friend's house recently and saw McBrides' book laying on the coffee table and picked it up, browsing the introductory pages and asked if I could borrow it to read. I don't ordinarily read novels but was his first book (The Color of Water) impressed me deeply, so I wanted to explore his latest book. I'm reading it slowly... not just turning page after page, but more along the lines of filtering the story from my own life's narrative, which is not without bias, but I'm attempting to read it from the authors' perspective, with the idea possibly centering around unspoken, least heard perspective, historical narratives that often are not talked about.

Like in the book Unholy Night (Seth Grahame-Smith, 2012): Another book, novel, a re-telling of an iconic historical event, via a creative intrepretative approach. Which was a very good book.

I'm reading both books (actually).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #2072
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default More Good Lesfic to Add to Your Reading List

I posted before that I've been reading a lot of lesbian fiction and wanted to add some titles I'm not sure I listed before:

Letters Never Sent by Sandra Moran
Survived by Her Longtime Companion by Chris Paynter
Miles to Go and Scapegoat, both by Amy Dawson Robertson

BBinNYC
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #2073
Shay McGee

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
open

1 Highscore

Shay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST ReputationShay McGee Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished The Enchanted World... The Book of Christmas. This book seems to cover about every angle of the history behind this holiday. It is amazing how much as sprouted out of that wintry gloom of Scandinavia. I learned that the most common gift in the old days were candles.
Shay McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shay McGee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #2074
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Almost done with Chamber of Secrets. Going to move onto The Prizoner of Azkaban soonish.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #2075
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I just read Neil Gaiman's 'The Ocean at the End of the World' - it was great, very compelling, a modern day fairytale... of sorts, in that Gaiman dark and twisty kind of way. I read it in a few hours.

I'm still thinking about Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' which was AMAZING!!!

And now I'm not sure what I'll read next...maybe Donna Tartt's 'Secret History' I haven't read it since I was 23.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #2076
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card

This is the 2nd book in the Ender series. It is very different than Ender's Game in tone and style. I am enjoying it and OSC still has an economy of word that I enjoy.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #2077
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Woo just started Prisoner of Azkaban.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #2078
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I am finally at the end of "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb! I have attempted to read this 3 times and always give up about 4 chapters in. I have about 40 pages left.
It was worth it!

I am also reading "The Great Path of Awakening: The Classic Guide to Lojong, a Tibetan Buddhist Practice for Cultivating the Heart of Compassion".
It's really wonderful and so very calming.

My "bathroom book" is "Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune" by Bill Dedman.
Fascinating so far!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2079
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

jus' finished "mother earth, father sky", by sue harrison

am now readin' "sycamore row", by john grisham

and interludes o' "let's explore diabetes with owls", by david sedaris
Old 12-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #2080
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident
by Donnie Eichar

In February 1959, a group of nine experienced hikers in the Russian Ural Mountains died mysteriously on an elevation known as Dead Mountain. Eerie aspects of the incident—unexplained violent injuries, signs that they cut open and fled the tent without proper clothing or shoes, a strange final photograph taken by one of the hikers, and elevated levels of radiation found on some of their clothes—have led to decades of speculation over what really happened.

i'm about 2/3 through so i can't give an opinion on the authors final explanation of the incident
but i have found the book to be quite enthralling
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading