Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I just saw the trailer for The Post and can hardly wait to see it
The Post (2017)

Starring: Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #242
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The movie is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknown to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led people to believe. Opens Christmas Day.
A friend here on the site told me she saw the book based on this as well. Yesterday I scanned the book now I have the delima if I want to read the book first or wait for the movie then read it.....decisions decisions
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #243
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The movie is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, a beautiful, young, Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknown to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led people to believe. Opens Christmas Day.
A friend here on the site told me she saw the book based on this as well. Yesterday I scanned the book now I have the delima if I want to read the book first or wait for the movie then read it.....decisions decisions
Among her clientele were Hollywood heavyweights Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
Bloom says that Affleck was a smart gambler and 'tall and handsome' Maguire was a bad loser and a terrible tipper, she says, who once demanded that she bark 'like a seal' for a tip
'A-Rod was a novice player, but there’s something that happens to grown men, no matter how successful they are, when a professional athlete comes into the room,' Bloom said of baseballer Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez wasn't an experienced player, but his presence at the table thrilled the other gamblers.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #244
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Among her clientele were Hollywood heavyweights Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire.
Bloom says that Affleck was a smart gambler and 'tall and handsome' Maguire was a bad loser and a terrible tipper, she says, who once demanded that she bark 'like a seal' for a tip
'A-Rod was a novice player, but there’s something that happens to grown men, no matter how successful they are, when a professional athlete comes into the room,' Bloom said of baseballer Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez wasn't an experienced player, but his presence at the table thrilled the other gamblers.
yep yep, I saw that book at Powell's Book store in the new release section and it's definitely a movie I want to see next month!

_____ ______
Old 11-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #245
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
yep yep, I saw that book at Powell's Book store in the new release section and it's definitely a movie I want to see next month!
What do you think? See the movie first or read the book first?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #246
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
What do you think? See the movie first or read the book first?
I would say read the book first!

I say that because films / movies are often ADAPTED from the book version. For example, Big Little Lies was a book first, before HBO adapted an initial series after the book. I actually saw the HBO show first. But when I read the book, I discovered that the HBO series followed some of the story, but not exactly. In the case of Big Little Lies, I loved both the book and the HBO series, but because I watched the series first, it wrecked the original story for me. lol .

Anyway, yes, in the case of Molly's Game, I'd rather read the book first, then go see the movie!

_____ ______
Old 11-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #247
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I would say read the book first!

I say that because films / movies are often ADAPTED from the book version. For example, Big Little Lies was a book first, before HBO adapted an initial series after the book. I actually saw the HBO show first. But when I read the book, I discovered that the HBO series followed some of the story, but not exactly. In the case of Big Little Lies, I loved both the book and the HBO series, but because I watched the series first, it wrecked the original story for me. lol .

Anyway, yes, in the case of Molly's Game, I'd rather read the book first, then go see the movie!
Yup, that's the conclusion I've reached as well! I read Big Little Lies first then watched the mini-series and when the series ended I felt they left so many unanswered questions that I was glad I had read it first!
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #248
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,964 Times in 8,543 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mudbound

WARNING: Triggers

Another film by Dee Rees

Premiering November 17
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #249
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #250
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

MOLLY'S GAME
Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Michael Cera

MOLLY'S GAME is the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #251
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

All female cast..........
Old 12-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #252
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

All female cast..........
I want to see this so bad!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #253
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

She may not have a big part but no doubt Cher will steal the show, can't wait!
Old 12-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #254
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 12-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #255
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 12-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #256
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

This is now playing On Demand..
Old 12-30-2017, 06:18 PM   #257
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 12-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #258
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 12-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #259
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 12-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status: