Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sexism isnt a matter of someone's personal preference. It is an ingrained thought process and way of being that has to be actively worked on to overcome.

Is the video sexist? Yes.

Do I think Morningstar is a bad person? Nope. Quite the contrary, I think she is quite lovely.

Do we ALL need to think about how watching a random woman's torso wiggle reinforces the "it puts the lotion on it's skin" type of thinking? Yes.

When women's bodies are objectified as a disconnected body v. person dichotomy, it affects ALL of us. The disconnected body mindset helps contribute to sexual abuse, rape, assault, and sexual compromise.

It is simply NOT ok chalk humor that is based on sexism up to "just a joke", especially not on this site where women, queers, and genderfluid folks need to feel some semblance of respect.

I will be addressing this issue in another thread and the TOS.

Until then, (T-u-f-f-y), please understand that moderating people will not force an evolution in thinking. We have to find ways as a community to uplift one another without making it personal, ways to illustrate the damage that sexism causes to us, and ways to educate instead of separate. This CAN and WILL be done.

Admin
The Following User Says Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post: