Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanking those who respond

I was wondering...

After leaving a thank you to a post, I'm gathering it is a "rep"?

Should I thank each one for leaving the thank you? I'm seeing what others have posted in the visitor messages on their profile. Saying thank you for the "rep". Is it what is expected?or selective "thanking". I want to have site etiquette .

Thank you

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

That is up to you. Some people do, some people don't. Personally, it'll depend on what the thanks is for since everyone seems to use it nearly all the time

In this regard, the site etiquette is to do what you feel comfortable with.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Dear Linus,

Your time to answer definitely warrants a thank you! I appreciate it. Seeing your in Redondo, makes me think of marine layer and the scent of the ocean. That alone, makes me smile...

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
That is up to you. Some people do, some people don't. Personally, it'll depend on what the thanks is for since everyone seems to use it nearly all the time

In this regard, the site etiquette is to do what you feel comfortable with.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I usually thank the thanks if a comment has also been written in the rep section, and the comment means a lot to me, or if it's a thanks for a post that I am especially appreciative for the support on.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I usually thank the thanks if a comment has also been written in the rep section, and the comment means a lot to me, or if it's a thanks for a post that I am especially appreciative for the support on.
What nycfembbw said!

I don't have a lot of time to play online these days...so I'm limited in how much I can respond to.

If someone has taken the time to write me a supportive/sweet/funny note, I try to reply in some way. If someone opens up a discussion, asks a question - I try to reply, usually in a PM. If someone is reaching out and it seems they could use some support - I try to reply.

But I think the "thank you" function of the rep system is meant to eliminate the need to quote and reply to every post you agree with. It is a way of saying "I hear you" or "That resonates with my experience" or "That is funny/clever" etc. I think if we all thanked everyone who thanked our posts we'd be caught in this inferno like spiral of mutual acknowledgement.

All that said, leaving little rep notes/comments, visitor notes or sending PMs - can be a nice way to start new friendships and make connections within the community, especially when you're new.

Welcome to BFP!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That's what i do too. I love the thanks that i get and the rep comments. They make me smile when i log on and if someone says something really sweet i usually send a not or send a rep message back.

I believe that the thanking option on here is a brilliant way to say...i agree or i hear you. It's used so much and it is really important with the magnitude of issues we discuss as well as "i like my hair today".

It's a wonderful asset to this site!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I never do that. *feeling guilty*
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
sweetee

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey sweet thang
Relationship Status:
very single

sweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputation

This is neet im new to all things forums so its nice to know about these things...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Same here - if someone leaves a note with their thanks/rep, I will usually go to their page and leave a visitor message - especially if their note is asking me a question or something - unless they dont have their visitor messages visible then I will either send them a message with a rep to one of their posts or I will PM them.

I have also noticed that sometimes, people will thank a post you made as a nod to your thanking one of their posts earlier.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

for me,
if it is just a thanks, i usually don't
but if it is a question or something that would illicit a response then yes
@
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
takehimaway

How Do You Identify?:
Boy.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, please.
Relationship Status:
Polyamorous.

takehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputationtakehimaway Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I thank when I feel the need to.