Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 04-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #1181
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Take time to smell the roses and Earth Day

I trimmed my hedges, and brought in the ripe tomatoes and roses. I sat looking out the window at the birds zipping in and out of the flowers I have lovingly planted around my house. The nine beautiful rose bushes, one planted for each year since my cancer diagnosis..

Realized, I have some damn pretty roses out front and back.

Salad with the home grown tomatoes was wonderful.

The Keurig coffee pot is calling me, and I will be spending the weekend with loving people. Struggling to find where the pieces go, while doing puzzles with an Alzheimer's puzzle queen. She is fast and fun, and will be getting 5 new 500 piece puzzles today.

I need to take some tomatoes with me...Living a good life, One day at a time.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #1182
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Hello People!

My CAT scans were clean! Yippee!

Did you know that one CAT scan is equal to 100-200 x-rays. Yep, that's why they don't like us to get them.

Anyway, I am 3.5 years out from cancer diagnosis. Oncologist says that there is more of a chance of me getting a second colon cancer tumor than there is of me getting it in the liver, lung, etc., due to the first cancer. So, this is good. Good indeed.

It is good because colon cancer, when found early, is treatable. With regular colonoscopies they will find the next one and then we can get on it, quick! The colonoscopy finds the tumor more easily than a CAT scan would. Subsequently, I feel more comfortable with the time between the CAT scans lengthening. Very good stuff here, people.

My friend's Dad got the surgery for his colostomy bag. Like I said before, they can't remove the big tumor because it is so freakin' large, but they found another one behind it they removed. Then they closed the guy back up. He will do radiation and chemo by pill. When the tumor gets small enough, they will go back in and cut it out. They think it is possible that the cancer hasn't spread. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #1183
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Yeah...

YEAH....thanks for sharing the Good news DapperButch. Those rads running around you, and telling the good news and giving you that glowing feeling

For me, That time of Scheduling, Having the tests, the waiting are when it hits me...oh yeah, I belong to that special club...

then celebrating..
.and , on with life, forgetting about the club dues.

Hope your Dad's friends journey is successful.

Last edited by Tommi; 04-30-2014 at 09:26 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #1184
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
My CAT scans were clean! Yippee!

My friend's Dad ..... They think it is possible that the cancer hasn't spread. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts.

Excellent, Dapper!!! Most excellent news!!! Yay!!!

Thanks for update on your friend's dad as well. Will send up/out positive energies to them as well!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #1185
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Happy MayDay

Created a Maypole for a weekend celebration. Having fun with painting, 10 foot x 3" PVC drain pipe, rocks, duct tape (of course) umbrella stand, whiskey barrel...and ...
It has to be portable, no digging, everything that goes into the state park, has to be removed.

Living life to it's fullest , one day at a time.

May 14th I have /Gyn/Oncologist appointment for my 7 month post radiation follow up for recurring CA found one year ago on my routine papsmear, and confirmed by colposcopy. Endometrial cancer originally diagnosed and treated with radical surgery and lymphadenectomy 10 years ago May 14th.

Someone posted earlier about how often do you think "it" ,about having had cancer, how do you handle it, etc.

For me, It comes up on anniversaries, of just before appointments, otherwise , I forget I ever had it.

I have heard, that some people worry every time they get an ache or pain, headache, tummy ache, etc. For me, that doesn't creep in. I know I have overworked, strained and sprained muscles and back, and/or eaten some nasty hot spicy greasy things.

So, off to Michael's for a flower wreath for the top of this POLE. and and and..an egg McMuffin and vanilla sugar-free coffee

Last edited by Tommi; 05-01-2014 at 11:11 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #1186
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

One down.......(well sort of, down)........and three more chemo treatments to go (plus 28 applications of radiation)

Friday morning (May 2) my sponsee went with a friend of hers to have the first treatment it took all day long and she was told by the doctor that she would not be allowed to MC the Newark Women's Retreat, which made sense to me, all that immune suppression and them an exposure to a large cross-section of the world.
She has born up really well. I got a cheerful call this morning that my suggestion that she sleep with her heated rice bags had worked and she slept through the night for the first time since she got the treatment.
We are still hoping that she will not lose her hair, I offered to shave my head in solidarity, but she doesn't feel that she will need that much support....lol

Thank you for all the encouragement, prayers and well wishes! This is a long battle but knowing that we are not fighting alone means so much!!!
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #1187
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Such an interesting journey....

Near the end of June it will be 5 years since we began this journey.
I am a bit speechless because my Mom was "not supposed to survive" past the two first years... Five years later... I cannot even begin to tell you nor could I even voice or put into coherent words what this journey has been for her, for me, for my Dad... for the three of us... All I honestly say is that I am truly grateful to God, The Universe, Life, Mother Earth, People's kindness, prayers, positive energy and love... All amassed healed my Mom, held us three up and gave us strength, love and gratitude to move forward… I know I have not posted much on here… Real life gets busy and I’ve gone through my own miracle as well… This is a reflective time for me before the day of the 5 years is here… Just know that I appreciate each and everyone of you who thought of me and mine. I keep each of you in my prayers and send my love and positive energy your way… I might post more later... but just in case I do not...Thank you…
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #1188
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Cool Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow I am thankful

Had my annual check (10 year)up last Weds. It was also 9 months post radiation follow-up for last years 9 year recurrence

Awaiting results of path report: that little post card in the mail with a smiley face saying "Normal results", or a dreaded phone call for follow-up.

Had a fantastic weekend, and life is good.

One day at a time.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #1189
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Had my labs done last week. My CEA levels are great. Mine is at .7...yayyyyyyyy. I see oncologist soon for my 6 months check up. December will be my 3rd anniversary post colon resection. I am doing great!!!!

Great news from all of you...Tommi....Genesis....keeping everyone of you close and in my heart!!!

Hug someone today....it will make their day........love to you all...clay
Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #1190
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My GF and I were in Palm Springs 3 weeks ago.

I took care to put 50 plus SPF on the whole time we were there.

I looked down on my thigh the first day we were there and noticed a strange little round growth that just seemed to pop up.

I watched it for two weeks and it got bigger. Sometimes, even as an RN, potentially negative things that many people would not give a second thought-I don't either.

A week ago, the light bulb went off: non-healing growth or sore- yes.

I got an appointment with a dermatologist yesterday and she biopsied it.

She said it looked like squamous cell CA but we won't know for sure till pathology comes back-up and it may take up to a week. Now I wait.

I have had thyroid cancer-clean for 14 years now-that potentially could have been much worse but I wanted to remind everyone:

Any suspicious non-healing growth or sore: get checked out!

Oh, the doctor said if it is squamous cell, I did not cause it by my couple of days in the sun.

It is usually caused by all those cumulative years of sun damage, such as in my 20's when my girlfriend and I would baste ourselves with baby oil! Yikes! Hard to believe I was so dumb.

Glad for those with clean bills of health and prayers and best wishes for others that are dealing with their own or love ones' cancer.

Here is a small factoid about squamous cell CA:

"Squamous cell carcinoma is second most common type of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. Squamous cell cancer spreads faster than basal cell cancer, but still is usually relatively slow-growing. It can spread (metastasize) to other locations, including internal organs. Squamous cell lesions should be removed surgically as soon as they are diagnosed".

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 06-18-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Clarification
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #1191
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

So, the third Chemo is in and my sponsee is hairless and not minding it one little bit. She has found the free time she has due to not having to do her hair or shave her legs a true boon. She is experiencing some nausea, but not nearly as much as she had anticipated. Her next Chemo which is her last Chemo is on July 3, she returns to school on July 7. I of course am a trifle reluctant to see her in a college environment..... all those people.....all those germs, but I'm sure she will be fine.

I must say all in all this has not been as difficult as I thought it might be, but then again I have heard from her friend that the radiation was the hardest for the friend, so I'm still holding my breath a tad and reserving judgement until the radiation is over.

Again, thank you all for your support! This burden is much lighter, you have born it with us and things sure are easier when we are not alone!

I wish you all every happiness and health!

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #1192
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

my brother unexpectedly passed away from Colon cancer today I am devastated. . I'm not ready to talk about it but I think this is a safe place to start. I am lost right now. I hope it's ok to post this here.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #1193
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOnFire View Post
my brother unexpectedly passed away from Colon cancer today I am devastated. . I'm not ready to talk about it but I think this is a safe place to start. I am lost right now. I hope it's ok to post this here.
This is the perfect place to post. What devastating news for you. Please come back and write out what you want, this is the perfect thread as so many have walked this way.

My condolences to you and to those who were close to him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #1194
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm so sorry you lost your brother. Feel free to talk here. Colon cancer is what I had, so if I can be of any help, let me know. Feel free to PM me.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #1195
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
(((((((((((((((((((((((Becca)))))))))))))))))))))
My deepest heartfelt condolences to you & your family!!
As others have said, this is the perfect place to come and share whatever your heart may feel.
I, too, had colon cancer 2 years ago!!
Feel free to PM me as well if you need to. All I can do is send you virtual hugs and let you know we are beside you here.....fondly, Clay
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #1196
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Quote:

My deepest condolences to you and yours during this time.
This group has been a source of strength and support for the journey we (My Mom and me) are going through her cancer.
Sending prayers, positive energy and love to you and yours...
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #1197
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Hourglass

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #1198
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Possible trigger...

The dermatologist called me last night and it is squamous cell cancer.

Friday, she will excise it down to healthy tissue and then suture it.

I am not worried that it is cancer.

It is because I have had so many painful surgeries and procedures, I am freaking out much more about the pain. I think I am almost phobic about pain now.

The biopsy was very painful. It was the two syringes full of Lidocaine into the growth, before it finally got numb, that almost made me scream. It has hurt totally out of proportion to the size ever since-kind of like a continuous drill into my thigh.

I haven't taken pain meds for quite a while but think I need to before I even go.

I did not even write this last week because I feel so badly about it but it is weighing on me. My GF came with me last week. Because it was a new MD, I wanted to have it known from the beginning that she was more than my friend.

When the doctor and LVN came in, I said: "This is my significant other_______" and I said the name of my long-term ex that I haven't been with for probably 14 years now.

I promptly burst into tears, saying: "I don't know why I said that".

My sweet girlfriend said, "It's ok hon" and turning to the doctor, apologized for me and said: "She's just really nervous".

I still feel badly about it but love her even more for how she handled it.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

Last edited by *Anya*; 06-24-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #1199
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

The Warrior Waiting

Is there word
Is there word
The Warrior is waiting
Waiting to hear if there is further incursion
Waiting to know if cancer has again
Turned Hys body into a battlefield
Schrodinger’s cat sat in a box in anticipation
But caging a tiger is different
Is it war or is it peacetime
The pacing wears on the might
The waiting wears out days better spent
Rumination is for cows
Fights and freedoms are the business of heroes
Anticipation is its own test
The Warrior is waiting
Prepared whatever the word

6/27/14 7:35 am

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #1200
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I just got home from the doctor.

My GF D spoke with the doc yesterday and D explained about my (undiagnosed, except by me) medical PTSD.

The doctor ordered Valium for me to take an hour before the procedure which was the best idea ever.

I could tolerate the lidocaine and they gave me so much I didn't feel anything during the procedure.

12 internal and 12 external sutures.

Hopefully she got it all. Another pathology report within a week.

D is more logical than nurturing by nature but has been absolutely awesome.

~Washington Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: