Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #4841
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today I got 5000 at work on my iphone. My fitbit has not been working for quite awhile now. Perhaps one day, like in the past, it will come back to life. How annoying... On top of my fitbit having fallen apart, so have I. I got sick mid-December and I am still not all better. My cough has improved somewhat but I'm so exhausted, and work makes it so that it's hard to find that time needed to get better. I've not been going to the gym, as per the advice of my ENT. I'm in that mode of... surviving. Better times to come as the weather warms...
I remember that you really enjoy walking. Maybe take some more walks? That will get you some fresh air, a little bit of exercise at a reasonable pace and that fresh air will have a natural energizing effect that may help with the exhaustion.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2020, 09:45 PM   #4842
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I remember that you really enjoy walking. Maybe take some more walks? That will get you some fresh air, a little bit of exercise at a reasonable pace and that fresh air will have a natural energizing effect that may help with the exhaustion.

What she said!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #4843
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Today I got 5000 at work on my iphone. My fitbit has not been working for quite awhile now. Perhaps one day, like in the past, it will come back to life. How annoying... On top of my fitbit having fallen apart, so have I. I got sick mid-December and I am still not all better. My cough has improved somewhat but I'm so exhausted, and work makes it so that it's hard to find that time needed to get better. I've not been going to the gym, as per the advice of my ENT. I'm in that mode of... surviving. Better times to come as the weather warms...
I think you're right and you will get better as it warms up outside. Cold, bleak weather is just depressing, which is not at all helpful to getting over a sickness. I sure hope you feel better soon.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #4844
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
o no..i didn't realize you were under the weather I know the doctor suggested no gym, but what about some nice easy yoga?..the non-sweaty kind..just nice easy stretches with a five minute meditation can make help me feel like a million gillion when i'm under the weather ..wishingyou
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #4845
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I joined a gym.....
and I've been twice.
This morning for example, I arrived at gym 8:15am, went to pool, did stretched at ballet barre in pool, then walked in pool, then stretched agagin. 30 minutes total, with walk to and from car, thats 45 minutes of exercize.
Then, I went to work.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:37 PM   #4846
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today is was nearly 55 degrees, but the skies looked like a late August afternoon, with clouds gently moving in (more rain is on the way, I think).

I only walked at a minimum today (it's Saturday ), but I had my bi-weekly therapy appt, laundry tasks, and stuff to do at home, so I've only logged about 5+K, today.

Step highlights from this past week:

--Friday: 11,042
-Thursday: 9,119
--Wednesday: 10,659
-Tuesday: 9,040
--Monday: 9,405

Tomorrow is Sunday, and I plan to just hang out at home and rest up, since my body hurts from all the steps I get in daily. I've got some tests to study for and plan to prep lunches for the week, but that's about all I plan to do on Sunday.

I know I need to focus on staying hydrated. It seems like I carry water with me, no matter where I go, just so I can sip on water through out the day.

Next weekend I'm going swimming (Pool Therapy). I'm looking forward to that, for sure.

How is everyone else doing, lately?

You feeling any better, nycfem?

Spring is almost here, right?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #4847
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is weird and more like an inverted step count/non-exercise post.

Just thought I would share what I am discovering to be a different use of step counting. Just short of a week ago I messed up my knee quite badly, minor injury followed up by a ton of overuse due to me trying to “walk it off“. Suffice to say I learned my lesson. I have not been paying attention to my steps for the last several days because I pretty much haven’t been taking any, had to clump around the house on an old-school walker to get anywhere. Yesterday I could finally put weight on my leg and get around a little bit. I was very happy to be mobile again and had things that needed to be done but was mindful to take it easy. Apparently not so much, I guess I was a little ambitious and since I’m sitting around again today I looked at my step count for the last week this morning and was able to see what I did. The upshot is that now I am inverting my step count by watching the number and trying to keep it low instead of going up. A strange but effective way for me to protect myself from myself.

Everybody else keep it up, don’t hurt yourself, and I will get back in the swing when I can reasonably do so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #4848
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sick. My exercise has been shuffling around my house.It was supposed to be a fun day off. Hmph. But according to my watch I shuffled 2.5 miles so that's something.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #4849
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been in the gym in a loooong time and I really should get there but today....today was a workout. I helped a customer/friend load 600 cubic feet worth of stuff into a 245 cubic foot van.

Yes, it involved her tossing some stuff but not a lot. We repackaged a bunch of things too. She, myself and my coworker just played a damn good game of Tetris.

I've logged 4112 steps so far today but since it doesn't log side to side movements and general rocking, it doesn't tell the whole story.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #4850
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I sure do wish there was more time in a day.

I didn't log too many steps today. But I've been doing lots of other things, as well.

This past week I managed to log at least 8K steps a day or better.

I just want to be careful because of all the pressure and stress I am under, right now. The last thing I need is to come down sick. Which that might happen anyways due to all the rain we've been getting and because all the trees are blooming, which means allergies will sky rocket up and well, there it is. I sometimes feel it is not a winning situation, but ….

I'm just staying moderately active and calling it good
(because that's just the way it is, right now).

Happy Saturday, everybody.

Cheers,

K.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #4851
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I was telling a friend today about the phenomenon I have noticed that the Fitbit doesn't log steps when I'm using my rollator. He said he has also noticed that it doesn't log steps when you're pushing a cart in the grocery store - so now, he pushes his grocery cart one-handed (because he just has to log those extra 300 steps).

We're talking about a guy who logs 16K - 20K steps a day. (How, you ask? He walks to work, which is on a large university campus, and then he has to walk all over the campus all day.)

Since this post is really supposed to be about _my_ exercise experience today, I didn't go outside today because when I woke up it was snowing. It sure was pretty, though. Anyway, I made lots of trips up and down the stairs today, many more than usual, because I got some packages from Amazon, all of which had to go upstairs, and I changed out all of my bedding for new bedding, and all of the old bedding had to be taken downstairs. (Honestly, I rolled most of it up in garbage bags and threw it down the stairs.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #4852
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Oh my goodness, lots of steps to catch up on posting since my last visit. Unfortunately my fitbit Inspire HR seems to be permanently not working so I'm using my iphone which of course gives me a lot less steps since I don't always carry it. But, as Ferron sings, "If it's snowing in Brooklyn, then I'd say snow's what we've got."

Jan. 22: 4800 steps

Jan 24: 7150 steps

Jan 29: 4300 steps

Jan 30: 5600 steps

Jan 31: 5150 steps

Feb 1: 4300 steps

Feb 3: 5450 steps

Feb 4: 4000 steps

Feb 5: 4800 steps

Feb 6: 4700 steps

Feb 7: 5500 steps

Feb 10: 4500 steps

I have been sick for 2 months and finally it went away about 3 days ago! Health has been visited upon me! I am so relieved and grateful that this awful winter virus is gone! I get sick for so long, and this was the longest ever! It's so good to be back to myself.

I went back to the gym today, and it was totally amazing! I loved every moment of it. Being able to breathe normally again! I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster with the following pattern:

Levels 3,2,1 x 2 minutes each level until I hit 30 minutes. For level 3, hands on the rail. For level 2 hands on the upper side bar. For level 1 hands on the center heart monitor.

Then I did a 5 minute Level 1 cooldown.

My heart rate was in the 150s at the beginning and then settled in the 160s.

Then I did 25 minutes on the weight floor: weights, stretching, ab exercises.

Such bliss!

I ran into 80-something year old Miriam. She's seeing a trainer named Steven. She said, "I wish I could marry him. He's so hot!" Gotta love her!

I chatted before work out in the locker room with my friend who doesn't share much that's personal, Iris. Then we worked out side by side on the stairmasters. Then we changed back into regular clothes together. We didn't plan any of it. Life just had us on the same path. She's a Latina, very pretty middle-aged woman, as in verrrrryyyyy pretttttyyyyyy.

I am so happy to be feeling myself again. Those two months of illness were the pits!

Hugs, y'all!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #4853
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I’m still on the bench, after 2 1/2 weeks I finally broke down and went to see my DO yesterday, she did a thoroughly uncomfortable exam of my knee and then sent me for x-rays I’ll know more in a couple days. She says it’s probably either torn cartilage or, I’m getting old (Osteoarthritis) and need to learn moderation.

At least I’ve had a few of these days be warm enough to sit out on the patio for the afternoon and get my fresh air that way.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2020, 09:38 PM   #4854
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Stairmaster: 35 minutes, Pattern:

Levels 3,2,1 x 4 min. each level x 2 sets

Levels 3,2,1 x 2 min. each level x 1 set

5 minute cool down

Heart rate 150s / 160s

Then 25 minutes on the weight floor: kettle balls, yoga, stretching

Also walked 6K steps, mainly at work.

Saw Miriam today, my 80 year old pal. We talked about the documentary being done about her and I reminded her to let me know when it comes out. She said, "If it takes much longer, I'll have to text you from my coffin to let you know." She always jokes about how it won't come out until after she's deceased!

Saw Iris today, my friend who doesn't share much personal information. She grabbed my wrist and half-whispered something to me. I can't even recall what she said! I remember it wasn't interesting, because her level of personal is not really actually that personal! Hmmm... I wish I could remember.

Saw Hillary today: "I went on a vacation skiing but it wasn't a leisure vacation. One day I burned 2400 calories." Okaaaayyyy, Hillary. Hillary has stared teaching swim lessons at the gym. Nice to see a very fit, kinda chubby gal teaching swim.

See y'all latah!

How do I... ?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #4855
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 5K steps, all at work. Thanks, work!

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 07:32 PM   #4856
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm just over my 7000 step goal for the day at 7076 and will surely get more in but I have to hit the sack early. Whomever at home office decided to change Saturday hours for us to go in early needs to be shot with big BB pellets every Saturday for the rest of their life and to have a rooster that stalks them randomly but only crows on the weekends.

See how they like THOSE apples!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 11:52 PM   #4857
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I have yet to make use of my swim pass at the neighborhood rec center, but I have been averaging about 7K steps (or better) a day at work. A few times I got over 10K steps, but I have no idea how I did that since each day is almost the same routine. Maybe it's because I slipped off to shop on a lunch break, or something.

Tomorrow is Tax day, for me, and laundry day. I will get *some* walking in, but most likely it will be less than 5K steps. If that.

Sunday? It's study day, rest in my biggo leather chair day or rest in bed day. Mostly study and absorb all the stuff I need to know so I can pass my test in a couple weeks.

Maybe by the end of March my terrible "Get It Done Now" list will be under control and I can go for an afternoon swim at the rec center.

Hope every one has a nice weekend ahead and that spring comes real soon. I saw Japanese Cherry Blossoms on a few trees on my way to work, so that means that the water-front will be full of blooms real soon. One day this past week, I saw the ladies team rowing dragon boats on the river. They're probably getting ready for Dragon Boat racing, later this spring.

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #4858
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

5600 steps: I got my taxes filed, paid my tax preparer, laundry got done, and I stopped off to get more groceries and do a little bit of shoe shopping. I'm pretty much done for the day, step/walking wise.

Happy Saturday to everybody.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 08:32 PM   #4859
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 35 minutes on the stairmaster with the pattern:

Levels 3,2,1 at 2 min. for each level x 5 sets. Hands on side rail for L3, hands on top rail for L2, hands on front rail for L1.

Heart rate: 150s and 160s.

Then I did 25 minutes on the weight floor (stretching, weights, abs, legs).

It was a quiet Saturday night at the gym, filled with regulars.

Taylor and I arrived at the gym at the same time. She said, "I have no problem being at the gym on a Saturday night. I'll spend the evening having sex with the elliptical." Very Taylor.

She told me that she had a few blackouts but that usually she just has one glass of wine at night with her one meal. Hmmm... where did the blackouts come from? In any case, she said that she's trying to give up alcohol with the help of a doctor but finding it hard, as in- she can't. She said, "It's like you and food." Thanks, Taylor

I also spoke with Gayle. I told her I'd been away because I'd been sick for 2 months. She was concerned and gave me the information for her ENT. I have an ENT but maybe I will try hers. These long illnesses I get are a problem. I appreciated her concern. She said, "That's not normal." It's nice when someone cares enough to give ideas for help. On that note, Taylor told me I should have my vents cleaned but when I got home and asked BB about it, hy told me we don't really have vents- just an air conditioner in each room.

I saw Judith but didn't really talk to her. Gayle was in the vicinity, and I was embarrassed for her to have to hear me tell my 2 month illness story again to explain why I was away. So it was quite anti-climactic, just a simple hello to one another.

I am just happy I feel well. Every breath is a joy.

How do I... ?
Old 02-16-2020, 09:33 AM   #4860
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

If you don't have vents to circulate the air, all the pollen, dust (which is, in part, mite waste and carcasses), cat dander and human skin flakes is just settling in the apartment and could be what is irritating your sinuses so bad. Maybe get an air purifier?

My return vents aren't the best so even if I switch the filters often, I can really feel it when it is worsening and stuff is hanging around in the air.

Yesterday was great. I got a TON of walking in during the day at work and afterwards when I moved stuff around the house. I wound up breaking up a desk and putting it in the dumpster too. 12,187 steps by day's end and boy, were my dogs barking!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights