Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #4901
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was going to go for a run in the park, but I wound up talking on the phone with my mom and walking instead. At first I felt a little guilty for not going hardcore, but it was a nice break!
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 04:56 AM   #4902
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I tore down a wooden retainer wall and build up a new wall with garden stones. That was a good full body workout!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 07:23 PM   #4903
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I hear you about the total body workout. I felt like I crossed trained at work today. Not only did I have 11,692 steps but I moved a ton! I actually pushed and pulled and loaded individually 128 bags at 16.6#. Another 24 @ 20#. Many various sizes as well. I was curious, so I calculated it. Over 2200 pounds!
I'm actually amazed I was able to do that. I wont be able to move and grove like that forever. I'll take it as I still can!

And..I did not break a nail! Lol.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #4904
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I got to walk in the sand barefoot and wiggle my toes in the cold water, nothing like not having something for a while to make you appreciate it all the more.
It sounds like heaven! I need a trip to the beach, badly - although I'm in no kind of shape right now to appreciate it. So glad your self-PT is working well!

I start PT tomorrow and we'll see how that goes. I had about 60 steps today - three times to the bathroom and back to bed. I have high hopes of improving this quickly. I did start doing some ankle circles today that my doctor recommended to prevent blood clots.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #4905
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Yesterday I tore down a wooden retainer wall and build up a new wall with garden stones. That was a good full body workout!
Alright, She-Ra. You get 'em although I don't know who "'em" would be in this case. The wall or the stones? Either way, better you than me.

I've developed old lady feet. I even shuffle a little in the morning and late at night. So not sexy.

It's been same ole, same ole for me. Lots of steps. I did get in some manual cleaning and that will pick up as we go through summer but I have to say, I don't wanna. I have a bushy thing I called George. A week ago, George was still tiny and shriveled from winter. Today, he's about 3 feet tall and spreading his small branches out. I kid you not. He doubled in size in TWO DAYS.

So have all the weeds on my 2 acre property.

This summer will be the death of me, I suspect.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 08:50 PM   #4906
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sandy toes this morning, it was a good tide and I went out for a short walk for as long as my knee was OK with it. 5k steps on the beach, 10k-ish for the day.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #4907
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

11957 steps today vs 609 miles I'm driving tomorrow. I'm going to check on my Mom💝

I'm jealous over the sandy toes over there. In due time, I'll be posting the same stuff!

Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #4908
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My physical therapist came today. We did all kinds of lower body exercises with me on the bed. No weight-bearing exercises yet - thank goodness. One exercise was to draw capital letters using my feet in the air. I laughed - it made me think of the old lesson of learning how to perform cunnilingus by making letters with your tongue. The PT guy probably thought I was nuts.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #4909
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

10,698 steps so far. I should be a little over 11,000 before bed.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 PM   #4910
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My car is visiting the mechanic's garage, so I've been getting more exercise lately. Yesterday, because I missed the last bus home and because bus schedules run on weekend schedules, I walked about 5 extra miles on top of the 14821 steps I managed to log while spending the day at a nature type park. While at the park, listening to the river and watching kayakers practice on small rapids, a big beautiful Blue Heron swooped down from the tree canopy and wow, you couldn't even hear them swoosh through the air. I spilled my strawberry concoction I took to drink, trying to take a picture of it because it was SO huge, and majestic, and just so mysterious. I've never seen a Blue Heron as big as the one I saw yesterday.

I am not sure what I will do this summer, when it comes to my favorite activity: Swimming (or rather, floating while cloud watching). Even our own pools here at home are closed. Public pools are closed until further notice. So I'm glad I never made it over to the community center to buy a summer swim pass. But by late summer, there is a couple of opportunities to go to hot springs resorts, and maybe then, I'll get my pleasures by floating in a hot spring pool. Maybe.

Last week I managed to log all sorts of steps. I even managed to fall down my stairs and bang up both knees and hit my head and bruised my left side by my ribs. I'm glad I had a winter ski hat on and was bundled up, because it could have been entirely different. I'm glad I didn't break any bones. But my body is super sore, especially since I had to walk home after no buses were ever going to be able to take me home.

Here's to more Blue Heron's, floating in a pool - sometime this summer, and to my car being healed, so she's not having to visit the mechanics garage so often.

Oh, and as soon as the Rain season ends, I have plans to bicycle to work. I have finally mapped a route to work and it will take about 1.5 hours to do it, but I plan to start out with biking to work, one or two days a week, until I can do it daily, five days a week (that might be next summer).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #4911
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I went for a really lovely run with my running buddy this morning! She's so motivating. Plus, we made it inadvertently longer because she lost her headband on the trail, so we retraced our steps to find it!

I'm getting ready to run a 5K with her in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but I don't think my time will be great because she's been training harder than I have. Oh, well!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #4912
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Wow, I had the worst workout ever today lmao. I went running with my friend, but the air was all polluted from the smoke that's making its way from Arizona. (Sending love to all the Arizonans who have it worse.)

THEN, when we were working out in the park, this random couple stopped us to proselytize. They were like, "Don't have sex with men before marriage!" Firstly, I am a lesbian. Secondly, let's not try to regulate women's bodies lmaoooo. Then the guy started quizzing us on Bible verses. Fortunately my friend is semi-religious, so she took the lead. Meanwhile, I was looking for something hard to improvise as a weapon in case things got gnarly. Love that women can't even work out in peace without male incursion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 05:06 PM   #4913
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Wow, I had the worst workout ever today lmao. I went running with my friend, but the air was all polluted from the smoke that's making its way from Arizona. (Sending love to all the Arizonans who have it worse.)

THEN, when we were working out in the park, this random couple stopped us to proselytize. They were like, "Don't have sex with men before marriage!" Firstly, I am a lesbian. Secondly, let's not try to regulate women's bodies lmaoooo. Then the guy started quizzing us on Bible verses. Fortunately my friend is semi-religious, so she took the lead. Meanwhile, I was looking for something hard to improvise as a weapon in case things got gnarly. Love that women can't even work out in peace without male incursion.
I am both creeped out and offended on your behalf.

I tend not to engage with people like that, but honestly, that usually just makes them angry. It takes me less energy to ignore people than to engage, though. When I used to ride the subway daily, these two little old ladies tried to make it really hard on me. They were always standing in the same place in the parking lot, and once they caught on that I would _not_ speak to them, no matter what they said, everyday they got their noses all up in the air and said things to other people walking by like, "She's so rude! Can you believe how rude she is?" They had a very self-involved perspective. LMAO!

Oh, and for thread compliance, I walked from the bathroom door to the end of my bed 10 times today! And I did my PT in bed. I am trying to take it easy on my feet, because about four days ago my gout worsened when I got too excited and did too much walking around.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 06-18-2020 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Thread compliance
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #4914
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen has been walking every day, more than usual, because her car is visiting the mechanic's garage and won't be ready for more driving duties until way late next week.

The other day I logged 18K+ steps.
Today it was only 11K+ steps.

I may have bicycled a bit too, last weekend; and I plan to bicycle again this weekend too. It's the usual 13 mile loop I like to ride. It takes me a spell to do it because there are a couple three terribly steep hills and I have to walk my bicycle up the hill, every time. In some cases, as I return toward home, I actually don't have the usual braking system. The pedal brakes are all it has, so I do the sane thing and get off the bike and walk it down the hills.

Being tied up in a hospital is something I intend to never have occasion to do, so: Safety First <<<<---- that's my motto. LOL.

I do dream of having my own swimming pool, one day. Yep, yep.

I want to keep the social distancing thing going where it concerns swimming, too.

Stay safe everyone and here's me wishing you all a safe and happy weekend.

~K.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #4915
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Wow, I have not exercised since 2/29/20. And today is 7/1/20. Incredible.

Being in NYC which is the epicenter of the pandemic in case you didn't get the memo, I have been completely inside since March, save for one brief walk, until today. Today I got my exercise groove on! And groove I did. I walked 13K steps, a bit over two hours. And I did 35 minutes of outdoor yoga, weightlifting, ab exercises, etc.

It was great. It felt like my brain was finally oxygenated. I've been busy literally almost every waking hour from mid-March through the end of June doing remote school social work. My principal worked me to the bone. Today is my first day of school being out!

I did everything in Riverside Park. I brought something to put down on the grass and weights. Instead of the gym ceiling, I stared at clouds and blue sky, and the moon, and fire flies, and planes overhead. I did it!

On Friday we are going on vacation, driving to a beach house for a week (the queer / lesbian part of Fire Island: Cherry Grove). When we go, I will adapt to the beach, and for Thursday and probably Friday morning, I'll use the park.

I missed the AC at the gym but I sure did enjoy being out in nature, especially after being inside all this time.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #4916
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Being in NYC which is the epicenter of the pandemic in case you didn't get the memo, I have been completely inside since March, save for one brief walk, until today. Today I got my exercise groove on! And groove I did. I walked 13K steps, a bit over two hours. And I did 35 minutes of outdoor yoga, weightlifting, ab exercises, etc.

It was great. It felt like my brain was finally oxygenated. I've been busy literally almost every waking hour from mid-March through the end of June doing remote school social work. My principal worked me to the bone. Today is my first day of school being out!

I did everything in Riverside Park. I brought something to put down on the grass and weights. Instead of the gym ceiling, I stared at clouds and blue sky, and the moon, and fire flies, and planes overhead. I did it!

On Friday we are going on vacation, driving to a beach house for a week (the queer / lesbian part of Fire Island: Cherry Grove). When we go, I will adapt to the beach, and for Thursday and probably Friday morning, I'll use the park.

I missed the AC at the gym but I sure did enjoy being out in nature, especially after being inside all this time.
Yay to the Cherry Grove vacay! A change of scenery does wonders for our well being. Enjoy. And....suncreen!

Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #4917
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Good for you, girly! I'm in a similar boat in terms of enjoyable exercise or chosen exercise might be a better description since I don't really like to sweat at all but it's necessary. I've been physical at work. Many days quite a bit but it hasn't done anything for me emotionally or psychologically like a good chosen workout does.

My gym is appointment only now, of course, and because the gym suspended payments for everyone for those months, I can't get an appointment until my next monthly charge.

When I want to workout, I can't do it the way I want, and when I don't want to, there is a plethora of options. I'm pretty sure Murphy controls my life.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 09:14 PM   #4918
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 10K in Riverside Park tonight. It's very populated where I walk which is nice for evening walking, and lit.

My favorite part of walking when it is hot and humid is getting back home and having cold water.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #4919
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Went on a four hour walk in the neighborhood (11K steps so far), while listening to a looped version of Madcon's "Don't Worry Bout a Thing" and took some pictures of the beautiful flowers I saw on my walk out in nature today.

Going for a long bicycle journey tomorrow (got my day pack packed already).

I might get a few more steps in today before sundown.

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #4920
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I've been continuing my goal of 10K per day of walking (using my iphone to count). My last post was on 7/2/20. So here's my catching up information:

7/3, 7/4: 10K
7/5: 11K
7/6: 12K
7/7, 7/8, 7/9, 7/10: 10K
7/11: 12K
7/12: 13K

I was at the beach on Fire Island for a week, so I walked on the sand barefoot during that time, and also barefoot on the wooden paths. I think I set off an old injury in my left foot (a fracture of the sesamoid bone). It's been acting up lately. It could be just from all the walking but was probably from walking so much barefoot on the wooden paths. It felt good at the time but probably was too much. The sesamoid bone is what pushes down against the ground if you are wearing a high heeled shoe. When I originally injured this bone 20 years ago, I used to wear high heels a lot and lived in a 4th floor walk-up apt and the pressure likely built up. My foot doctor told me at that time that some women refused to stop wearing high heels every day and so he would give them expensive injections regularly to plump up that part of the foot. Crazy. Anyway, I think I may at least go to a shoe store and get some new shoes. I haven't been in any store in NYC since before the pandemic. I will wear a high quality mask and glasses.

I have been walking at a slow pace, generally walking 5 miles in 2.5 hours (2mph). I walk in the park on shaded paths and then on the way home I walk by the river which gives a little bit of a breeze. I take a lot of photos.

I wonder if my bone was affected by walking on the sand. I walked on the packed sand by the water (and again - this was walking for several hours). Maybe I should wear shoes if I'm doing my walk on the beach?

Editing for clarity: I myself rarely wear high heels since that injury 20 years ago.

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 07-13-2020 at 01:47 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights