Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fashion Frivolity

A place to post fashions that inspire your glee, your creativity, your laughter, your style, your love of beauty, your sense of humor, your wisdom, your whatever. A thread for friends, neighbors, strangers all, lesbians, bisexuals, str8s, queers, tops, bottoms, switches, femmes, girls, ladies, women, womyn, butches, bois, boys, guys, men, "she"s, "he"s, "hy"s, "zie"s and "per"s and anybody's little dog too.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
tiggs

How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

These are from my favorite designer Bettie Page, I adore the retro pin-up look!
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tiggs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

In 1926 Vogue called Chanel's Little Black Dress (LBD) the "Ford" of a woman's wardrobe. Every woman has a LBD. If she doesn't she should.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Tux corset....
Looking for something like this to wear under my tuxedo jacket.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.absolutecorsets.com/corse...ts/vo-2040.htm

Can't get just the pic to post....hope this link works. I just LOVE this dress!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

"I'm so depressed I've worn the same outfit twice this week."

Kurt

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/coats.php

My favorite period store for Victorian Era attire - the site has the images locked, so I can't post some of them.. phooey! There is a store in the South Bay Area, so I can actually go and try things on! I, oh, so want the brocade tailcoat!

I just found an entire trunk full of Life & Look mags that were my late sister's from the 50's &
60's! Talk about a mid-century fashion treasure chest for both women and men! I think I should have a mid-century dinner party so friends can just sit and look at these!

Last edited by AtLast; 06-02-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: stuff to fix
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I really love the costuming in this movie - especially the men's and George Sand's (Judy Davis's) more masculine clothing. (1840ish Paris)

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #10
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Default Edith Head 1954 Rosemary Clooney

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #11
tiggs

How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation

Of course to go with the retro look you can't go wrong with the super sexy pin-up swim suits. Just gotta love leopard print and cherries! These are both from Lolita Girl fashions

Last edited by tiggs; 06-02-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: to add the maker of the suits ;)
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tiggs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

I cut off all my curls about two weeks ago. I cried and cried. I realized as I looked at 1950's fashion and Hollywood pictures that the sophistication level of women who mostly had bobbed hair. Charming, intelligent and magnetic women. So when the last person who saw me (after not seeing me for months) saw my bobbed hair and said, "It is lovely. Very sophisticated." I had to smile.

I forget that sultry women Sophia, Ava, Leslie, Audrey, Eartha and many more women had that look...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am always looking to add to my small collection of cocktail dresses ...

I have a variety of little black dresses (a few in cerulean blue or deep purples, too) - they range from sleeveless, plunging V-necklines to strapless to long-sleeved (more like 3/4 length sleeves) vintage styled dresses of the late 50s to 60s era dress styles.

Here's a classic black cocktail dress that might look nice on me:

More than likely though, I'd probably have to make my own pattern and play with the ruffling on the neckline a bit. I'd change the type of fabric too - I like fabrics that feel stetchy-snuggly on my body. And, instead of the waistline (as shown in the photo), I'd probably make it an empire waistline and drop the neckline a bit, so it was more of a "vee" and adjust the ruffling - maybe use chiffon for the ruffling???

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

I was looking at lots of 50's fashions lately and a lot of them are 3/4 sleeves. I, too, have several LBDresses.

Sounds, lovely!

The Following User Says Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have short arms, so I love the 3/4 sleeves on shirts and dresses.

Lovely, that dress is very pretty! I'd have to have an a-line though I do love the color. It'd make my Washington white skin glow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
I was looking at lots of 50's fashions lately and a lot of them are 3/4 sleeves. I, too, have several LBDresses.

Sounds, lovely!
Isadora? Do you like to wear long-sleeved gloves too? Those are really hard to find nowadays! I would love to have a black pair of them!!! Plus, I have been keeping a watch out for a black stole (<~ did I spell that right?) ... I would like one of those too, if I could find one!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I have short arms, so I love the 3/4 sleeves on shirts and dresses.

Lovely, that dress is very pretty! I'd have to have an a-line though I do love the color. It'd make my Washington white skin glow.
*hehe* I so hear you on that Gemme! A-line for sure! I do have some cocktail dresses that are "stove-pipe" - fit wise - but I do tend to aim for comfort and what looks best on my body.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post
Isadora? Do you like to wear long-sleeved gloves too? Those are really hard to find nowadays! I would love to have a black pair of them!!! Plus, I have been keeping a watch out for a black stole (<~ did I spell that right?) ... I would like one of those too, if I could find one!
I live in the Bay Area. Drag Queen heaven. I am lucky I can find gloves at The Piedmont in the Haight and Cliff's in the Castro. I have found them on line, too. Look for opera gloves on line. I love them. I wear satin gloves a lot. It is always colder in the evenings in the Bay Area. Keeps my hands warm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Oh!!!! Thanks Isadora - I never thought to search for them under the "Opera Gloves" ... great idea!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #20
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Sidebar note for Nat:

I so fetching love the baby blue tutu featured in your OP!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: