Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default A Community Request

Hello all,

I wanted to take a minute to talk a little bit about the growth of our site and how you as a community member can help keep ThePlanet a warm and welcoming place.

We have a LOT of new members lately. Many of these new members are ALSO new to the Butch/Femme dynamic and many of them have never been a member of any kind of social internet community. Some of the new folks are trying to figure out if this community will fit their needs, how they identify, and where their desires are leading them.

I want to ask each of you to please understand that with the introduction of so many new folks on our website, that you might need to take some extra time to help a newbie understand what some of our terminology means or how to better navigate the myriad of ways that we all identify. Please be extra patient with folks who might be at the very beginning of their journey and try to remember where you were and how you felt when you were brand new to your identity or to the online world.

I also want to request that you take the time to *ask for and provide clarification* in conversations where someone may have inadvertently used an incorrect identifier for you or someone else or made an unglamorous or clumsy statement. Please stop and ask yourself if it is possible that the person might merely be new or if they might not yet have familiararity with your personal way of being.

Many of us have known each other online for 5 or even 10 years. Some of us for 12 or longer! I think that sometimes we forget that ThePlanet is bigger than our personal bubble of experience. That we need to embrace people who come to this community in search of family, friends, or fuckbuddies. That we need to welcome the diversity of new ideas, new experiences, and even new ways of identifying within the Butch/Femme dynamic and Trans communities.

There are a great number of younger people joining this site and even people from many different countries. We can learn just as much from them as they can learn from us and I hope that we all will remember that as the weeks and months spread out before us.

When Jack and I decided to go ahead and do this damn thing and started gathering people and ideas, we never imagined that ThePlanet would actually work as well as it is working. We never imagined that almost 10 month later we would have 1300 members, be getting ready for a Reunion, and be looking at a long and bright future.

This community is such an important space, not because we built it, but because all of YOU built it. I am amazed every day when I wake up and see another 10 members have come and joined this space. I am amazed when I see people reaching out across fences to connect. I am amazed that we are actually doing this. Together.

Im not asking you to be all woo-woo or make glittery kittens shoot from your nether-regions. I am asking you to remember the love. Remember how you felt or would have felt the first time someone said to you, "Hey, you're ok just the way you are!" or "Hey! I get it!"

Please join me in helping keep ThePlanet a healthy and welcoming space for everyone who is already here as well as those who find their way here. I beleive we have the most amazing community here and believe that we have the ability to affect change right here every day. So let's do that!

Thank you.
Admin
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 117 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
*Anya*, 1PlayfulFemme, Aklboi, aldebaran, Amber2010, amiyesiam, Andrew, Jr., Apocalipstic, Artdecogoddess, Arwen, asphaltcowboi, Bella~Vita, Beloved, Ben, Bit, blackboot, Blade, Blaze, Bootsandheels, Camo Eagle, cane, Chancie, Corkey, Cowboi, Curley, DamonK, Dante, Deborah, deeperstill, Delish, Diva, DomnNC, Dude, Elijah, Fancy, femmeInterrupted, foxyshaman, Gemme, grenade, Greyson, Hollylane, Inked_Trinity, Isadora, jelli, Jesse, Jet, Jett, JustBeingMe, JustJo, justpjhere, Kätzchen, Lady Pamela, LaneyDoll, leatherfaery, LeftWriteFemme, Liam, Linus, lusciouskiwi, MaggieBluIze, Mindy, miss entycing, Miss Scarlett, Mrs. Strutt, MrSunshine, Nat, Nawen, NorCalStud, nycfem, Oiler41, Oneida, OS Butch, Outlaw, pajama, Passionaria, PinkieLee, princessbelle, purepisces, Random, ravfem, Rockinonahigh, rockybcn, roy g biv, Ryobi, Sam, SassyLeo, scootebaby, Scorp, sharkchomp, socialjustice_fsu, Softhearted, Soon, Spirit Dancer, Spork, Starbuck, stargazingboi, stephfromMIT, Strappie, suebee, Sun, swan, sweetcali, sylvie, T-Rex, TenderKnight, theoddz, The_Lady_Snow, TickledPink, Tommi, Toughy, UofMfan, violaine, waxnrope, weatherboi, willow, WolfyOne, Wryly, ~Bo