Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #6461
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got my package today and it's fantastic!!! clay, I was trying to do something with your particular design component but I couldn't figure it out but I absolutely love what you did. I didn't have any pieces that I didn't like. They are all so original and fun. Thank you all for such a lovely round.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #6462
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I got mine in the mail on Saturday...Thank you everyone! They're wonderful and it was cook to to see how creative everyone could be!

I'm excited for another project to begin!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #6463
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Oh, Wow, I loved the penpal project arrival today! Besame, what a great project!

SPOILER ALERT - Please don't read on if your projects haven't arrived yet:

Ami- I love the "Be Free"/ "Just breathe" and I love how, as usual, your projects are just gorgeous in every detail!

Besame- omg, that dubble bubble bikini knocked me out, mega creative, and the ribbons just made it all the better! You are amazing!

Blaze- super cute turtle! I love the teal and the shiny and your use of a paint chip!!!

Clay- that pineapple is bangin'- seriously creative and fun!

Gemme- (((((the little red balloon))))), also your ocean came out very accurate!

Nanners- Absolutely so cool how you stamped out summer nights, great use of a popsicle stick, looks so cool! And I love the shiny sand tape! Paint chips came out cool too!

nycfem- It was cool to see what you did and look back on it! It's neat to see it in the context of the other projects!

purpisces- so good to have you back, loved the tiny text!

Good times, y'all!!!!!!!!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #6464
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds like this project was a huge success!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #6465
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I was out of town until late last evening, so I had my bag of goodies waiting in the mail box.

It was pure joy to see all the individual creations. Very diverse, yet all so wonderfully thought out & done.

I second all that nycfem said...I was up very late last night....family energencies....so appreciated having these to look forward to.

Thanks again Besame' for wrangling a really cool project. I hope we do this one again....

Old 09-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #6466
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Looks like 4 packages out of the 7 I sent have been received. Sis, yours will be there shortly.

Anybody else???

Where is the next project????? Sorry anxious..not sorry.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #6467
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, what is the next project? Inquiring minds want to know
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #6468
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Yes, what is the next project? Inquiring minds want to know
Given that many of our participants live in hurricane affected areas, there might be a delay before nycfem gives us the details of her Post Secret project.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #6469
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Looks like 4 packages out of the 7 I sent have been received. Sis, yours will be there shortly.

Anybody else???

Where is the next project????? Sorry anxious..not sorry.
Sorry I haven't checked in sooner, but I received mine and they are wonderful! Thank you all so much! I've missed this.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #6470
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Some of you may know the saga of the tree that wound up in my spare bedroom during Irma. Well, it has presented me with the opportunity to redecorate the room, as almost everything in that room had to be thrown away. I've decided to get a desk or table of some sort and a comfy office chair and make at least one corner of the room a craft area. I guess I will need some kind of storage. It will also give me a permanent home for my sewing machine.

For those of you that have permanent crafting areas in your homes, what advice can you offer about setting up a craft area? I would really appreciate any ideas for conserving space, multipurposing, storage, and whatever other pieces of wisdom you may care to impart.

Thanks in advance!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #6471
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
snipped conversation

For those of you that have permanent crafting areas in your homes, what advice can you offer about setting up a craft area? I would really appreciate any ideas for conserving space, multipurposing, storage, and whatever other pieces of wisdom you may care to impart.

Thanks in advance!
Proverbial silver lining behind Irma's wrath...

Georgia Ma'am...I purchased 4 of those silver shelving units (one can get black or silver...) for my craft area...is 5 shelves high and has a lip to prevent storage bins sliding off.

I bought some of the sterilite bins (shoe box size & bigger) for different crafty goodies....ie one has rubber stamps....one holds my alcohol inks...another has all my acrylic painst

I also have 4 different sizes of the stackable totes on wheels..each drawer slides in and out. I use the bigger drawers for my sheets of papers for crafting while another holds my glues, etc.

An idea is to look on CL for good, clean used storage items...usually found on arts & crafts section...will save a ton of monies....

I have 2 6ft tables I use for my craft area. I have a set of the plastic risers for beds I put under one of my tables legs on each corner...that allowed for me to roll the stacking/roller bins under one table & saved me space. Your sewing machine could be set up on one of these tables leaving another free for crafting. There are also 4 ft tables to be bought if 6Ft is too long!

Those rolling stackable units are great for sewing notions, threads, bobbins, bits n bobs...

Anyway, maybe some of these ideas will help you out. I am really tired tonight so unable to think any deeper...lol

You will LOVE this craft room

Old 09-30-2017, 05:17 AM   #6472
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Some of you may know the saga of the tree that wound up in my spare bedroom during Irma. Well, it has presented me with the opportunity to redecorate the room, as almost everything in that room had to be thrown away. I've decided to get a desk or table of some sort and a comfy office chair and make at least one corner of the room a craft area. I guess I will need some kind of storage. It will also give me a permanent home for my sewing machine.

Thanks in advance!
Depending on how much you have and how much space you have, maybe something like this?

I have two desks in a decent sized room that doubles as our 'crap' room too. I have one large, flat desk with a drawer that is high off the ground so I can stack bins underneath like clay does. I also have an L shaped desk that fits in the corner nicely and has a matching rolling file cabinet. I picked up some rolling carts that can be assembled easily from Michael's that I bought with coupons and using awesome sales as they are very, very overpriced in store. Then, I have clear bins on wheels that I can either stack or stuff in a corner or underneath something. I also use a 6 ft buffet I have for craft storage but it's primary purpose is to hold stuff like artwork and magazines and books on top. My craft room is far from organized right now and likely won't be so any time soon with Vegas and work but I think what I have is sufficient despite having as much 'stuff' as I do. If you have as much or more stuff than I do, you might have a problem fitting it all in one room.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-30-2017 at 05:22 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #6473
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

my craft room is my organized mess just for me...

I have a big six foot long table up on bed boosters as well. It brings the table to my height and saves my back. It also gives me lots of room for my little shelf concoction I made against the wall...my glass block collection used. One on each end, with a wooden shelf in between. Three shelves that hold many shoe sized bins. Paints, jewelry stuff. There are also fav wooden boxes and cute hat boxes filled with trims and embroidery threads.

On top of the table, my sewing machine sits and the other end is the cutting mat. There are a couple of those shelf dividers that are used in cupboards towards the back of the table. On top are my fav mugs and tall boxes filled with scissors, rotary cutters, pencils and markers. My granny's milk glass lamp, keeps my crafting well lighted.

I have my granny's walnut hutch on another wall. I took the sliding glass doors off and have square baskets turned on their sides to hold my fabric fat quarters and colorized. (For the most part..lol) A couple of bigger plastic boxes hold ribbons. The drawers hold, various other things, stamps, yarns, more fabric...good stuff!

Don't forget a big cork bulletin board!

On my door I made a hanging sign in glitter letters..."material girl"
And on a wall, wall hanging my Mom made.." Dilly dallying and lollygagging allowed "

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #6474
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks clay, Gemme and Bèsame* for all the advice! I'm definitely considering a larger table than the one I originally envisioned. Also, thanks for the great ideas for storage! I will have to "think outside the box" on this one.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #6475
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Has anyone heard from nycfem? I don't think she's been around since H. Irma.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 10:40 PM   #6476
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Has anyone heard from nycfem? I don't think she's been around since H. Irma.
I've been in touch with her recently and she is A-ok!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #6477
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Thank you!

I finally picked up a package at the post office and was so delighted to receive the goodies from Besame. Thank you to each participant of the ATC exchange ...... I love the use of colour and especially appreciated how paint chips were incorporated by those who used them.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #6478
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Is there going to be some sort of Fall/Holiday themed craft swap?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #6479
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I hae an idea for a project, will post later in evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Is there going to be some sort of Fall/Holiday themed craft swap?

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #6480
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

What about a winter holiday post secret round wrangled by moi? Winter holiday including a choice of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas / Hanukah, etc. The secret could be anything related to your experiences or feelings about the holiday(s), past, present, or future. To look at examples, google images for "postsecret Halloween" or "postsecret Thanksgiving" (etc.). Lots of room for creativity! Put a "thanks" if you might be interested in participating.

How do I... ?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types