Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Texas Forums

Old 09-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation
Default Top 10 Reasons Why I like / love Austin

Howdy Everyone

I was wondering if anyone / everyone could tell me why you like / love living or visiting Austin Texas

Thanks

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation
Default my 2 cents

i lived there for about a yr...one of my most favorite places ever....clean,beautiful,people were friendly,very diverse,good schools,great history......really really just a beautiful town all around
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still getting to know Austin (and won't formulate a permanent judgement for a while) but Austin has my two best friends and my butch, which makes me happy. Gas is cheaper here than up North. It's sunny, except for today. I get to wear flip flops every day, if I want to, even if it does rain. The botantical gardens are cool.

Ummmm....bbq is its own food group here?

I do wish there was more recycling here though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Being as I havent had the prilege of visiting Austin I have met Arwen and spoken to Diva as well as reading so many post about the great city.It has plenty of history and some really beautiful ppl liveing there,u folks are very lucky to have such a place to b.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Montopolis/Metropolis Chapter 1

From the age of 15-19 I spent each summer in the Montopolis neighborhood on Bluebell Circle. My aunt and uncle and their 8 kids adopted me every summer...it was sooo cool to be a part of such a big family and to live in a new place. Back then it was a new subdivision. A great mix of African American and Mexican American families working, growing, interacting. I'd hang out with my cousins at the "resource center". I never knew such a place even existed...like a boy's and girl's club before they were official.

It was the place where I first kissed a boy, yes a boy, learned to play basketball, and rode a bus (public transportation) without an adult accompanying me. Later, each summer I'd have a job, the Marrimont Cafeteria on Guadalupe, Tom Gro groceries on Montopolis Drive and the freedom that my aunt and having a job gave me.

We'd go to Highland Mall and buy cute clothes, my cousin worked at Lilli Rubin's which of course, I had NO knowledge of...we'd go in the dressing rooms and drink wine and act all grown up and sofisticated. Kinda like playing dress up only with wine...lol

I bought my first punk record, Wendy and the Plasmatics, at a funky cool store across from the UT campus...and a long cigarette holder that was to die for to me back then...

You have to understand, I couldn't do anything at all in my little town in South Texas so going to Austin was a VERY BIG DEAL. When I'd get home after every summer I was a big shot for a minute...lol...

Top 10 reasons I Love Austin?

10. I enjoy the "hills" throughout...

9. The way the capitol building sits in the downtown area, landscaping throughout so green and beautiful...Lake Travis and Zilker Park...Hippy Hollow in my younger days...

8. The way UT sits somewhere downtown also...

7. They have a school for the blind there that my son in law will be attending shortly.

6. My daughter will be relocating with him. She will transfer to UT (sniff sniff) and of course, I will follow...(Little Shug<<co-dependent...)

5. I love the bands, 6th street, street music, festivals, MakMan Records and the OPERA!

4. My cousins! and their very large brood! (So much family and love there!)

3. The Austin crowd lives there! (More family and love!)

Just a recap--It's the capitol city of Texas!

2. San Antonio, New braunfels and San Marcos (read outlets) are just an hour or so away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. My baby is a Sr. this year and she wants to go to school there, too.

Keep your fingers crossed y'all!

I have more reasons to love Austin but these are the ones that come to mind at this time...

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great topic for the city I adore!

My top 10 reasons..............

1. Austin is a rather large city without that large~city feel.

2. It's my hometown!

3. Austin City Limits

4. Willie!

5. Salt Lick BBQ

6. The gorgeous Lady Bird Lake (Colorado River) that runs through the middle of the city.

7. Barton Springs

8. The rugged beauty of our mighty oak trees

9. My tiny neighborhood and my great home for gatherings

10. Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Austin has some of my favorite friends living in it
And up the highway in San Marcos, it has the biggest Wine Outlet I've ever been in
Oh, should also mention IKEA

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

New reason for loving Austin...

Sam Moon, just opened up there. A girls dream store

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #9
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

The NO KILL CITY..is awesome!

http://www.austintexas.gov/news/aust...k-no-kill-city

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
New reason for loving Austin...

Sam Moon, just opened up there. A girls dream store
Actually, Sam Moon's been here for quite some time.

It is truly a fun place to shop!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: