Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #41
Little Fish

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones, will also respond to babe, boi and Romeo
Relationship Status:
Happy :-)

Thanked 1,886 Times in 321 Posts
Little Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST Reputation

Yep.
Queer butch over here too.

It's the only thing that really conveys the seamless and fluid way that both my masculine and feminine "live" together in me. On any given day I feel about 60-70% masculine with the balance my innate female side. I'm incredibly comfortable in my skin and inhabit my masculine exterior with genuine ease. Now I'm straying a bit into presentation but I'll also say this--there is no way anyone is going to see me as anything other than queer. I am a Butch. Capital B thank you, it's a noun. When I walk into a room, I instantly broadcast who and what I am about--there is no mistaking it! lol----I find it to be very efficient !
Those men and women who choose to interact and engage with me have essentially self-selected for being okay with women, lesbians and butches. I've become my own litmus test.

But queering the norm?--yeah, that's how I feel too.

The label "queer" is also certainly age cohort dependent too imo--I find that other LGBTetc folks who are >35yo tend to shy away from using it--I assume because they were largely influenced buy the gender theories of 2nd wave feminism. Certainly younger folks are more apt to embrace "queer" without stigma.
Little Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Little Fish For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #42
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fish View Post
Yep.
Queer butch over here too.

It's the only thing that really conveys the seamless and fluid way that both my masculine and feminine "live" together in me. On any given day I feel about 60-70% masculine with the balance my innate female side. I'm incredibly comfortable in my skin and inhabit my masculine exterior with genuine ease. Now I'm straying a bit into presentation but I'll also say this--there is no way anyone is going to see me as anything other than queer. I am a Butch. Capital B thank you, it's a noun. When I walk into a room, I instantly broadcast who and what I am about--there is no mistaking it! lol----I find it to be very efficient !
Those men and women who choose to interact and engage with me have essentially self-selected for being okay with women, lesbians and butches. I've become my own litmus test.

But queering the norm?--yeah, that's how I feel too.

The label "queer" is also certainly age cohort dependent too imo--I find that other LGBTetc folks who are >35yo tend to shy away from using it--I assume because they were largely influenced buy the gender theories of 2nd wave feminism. Certainly younger folks are more apt to embrace "queer" without stigma.
I easily recognize myself in what you said here about instantly broadcasting who and what you are about when you walk into a room, I do that as well. And I do identify as queer and certainly as butch. I also identify as a woman, a lesbian and a feminist. I don’t think I was as influenced by the gender theories of 2nd wave feminism as I was by women’s position in society and because of this I find that women’s issues will forever be of utmost importance for me. I direct my energy first toward the queer community. But women’s issues in general are very important to me. I still feel very comfortable with the label queer though. No stigma to me. It has always felt right.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I have never identified myself as queer-maybe it is because I am over the 35-years old (way over baby!) age range as stated by Little Fish.

I have zero problem with how anyone else identifies.

I believe all of us have the right to identify ourselves and I do feel totally comfortable living under the all-inclusive LGBTQ umbrella.

I am a lesbian. It just fits and is a very hard-won identity for me that took years to accept.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #44
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

int'restin' conversations fo' sho'. i pop in and read on occasion, but to date haven't responded.

i'm 53 and identify, at dis point in me life, as a queer as boi! lol

i haven't always identified as queer. i've gone through mana diff'rent phases and identities ova da years. to be honest, i prolly would've identified as queer at a much younger age, except it was quite a derogatory term back in da day.

jus' me 2 cents tossed in...
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #45
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

Queer Femme here!

I chose this because I don't feel I fit the conventional 'lesbian' lable. I have always known myself to be Femme, I love the 'girly' things. My sexuality, on the other hand, is geared towards masculinity, in both females and males. To me lesbian does not feel right if strongly masculine guys turn my head(and it has nothing to do with looks either, just the vibe.) Bisexual does not feel correct either as I would not be emotionally fufilled in a relationship with a male.

Queer fits me just fine.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #46
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post

Present.

I so love this!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #47
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

For me, coming around to claiming queer took a while, I only solidly claimed it about a couple of years ago.

For years I would see the definition that Stacy posted and think "yeah that's alot of me". But Queer always carried a social stigma where I come from - the South. It always seemed like saying the N word or F*g word. Derrogatory somehow.

But as my journey progressed, I am so diverse in my sexuality and presentation that no other labels truely fit me. I am bi-sexual, except I haven't been with a bio-male in over 17 years. But I didn't feel claiming Lesbian was proper, seemed misleading some. I present rather butch, but sexually am way more feminine. So I never felt quite right identifying as Butch, because I felt there were expectations that went along with that. (I am also evolving and learning that there are all kinds of butch.) I am attracted to all kinds and don't limit myself, so identifying as the opposite of what I prefer to date didn't work either.

Then a couple of years ago, I dated Dixie and she identified as Queer. She's very unique in many, many ways and I liked the way she embraced it. So I thought, "I can do this too." So there you go.....I'm QUEER. Get to know me and you will learn all my diversities.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #48
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation

Queer here as well
Att first I really didn't want to call myself that but in the end I had to give up...
  • my gender identity is too complicated to explain in other terms...
  • my sexual orientation is too complicated to explain in other terms...
  • my romantic orientation is too complicated to explain in other terms...
etc...

But above all, I got tired having to defend my identity to ppl all the time. I felt that all other identities I had to somehow "prove" more of less and since I couldn't do that, I found that frustrating.

But the term queer is harder to question. Why wouldn't I be queer?

I don't know if anyone gets what I'm saying?

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
agape is offline   Reply With Quote