Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 10-24-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Spoiling McSpoilersons

What do you think about folks who post spoilers for popular tv shows on Facebook or other social media?

Do you feel that there is an etiquette around how long someone should wait before posting a spoiler?

Do you think folks get too pissed off when people post a spoiler?

Have you ever stayed away from social media to keep from seeing a spoiler?

Caveat: Yes, there are bigger things going on in the world than The Walking Dead or American Horror Story. Yes, it is acknowledged that some folks don't even ever watch tv. Yes, this if fluffy. BWEEE!

Thoughts?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I will avoid social media if I don't want to see a spoiler, even when I need to wait days till I have time to to watch my dvr list

I wouldn't say it bothers me as I can just choose to not go on, but I do think you bring up a good point about the etiquette, . The problem being imo people believe they get a free pass because it's online.
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I don't like spoilers.

It's kind of like getting close to orgasm and losing it. <<<<< Using some humor but kinda like that.

It is so simple to just put "spoiler alert" in the title.

I do either have to avoid TV forums or threads to make sure but sometimes spoilers are posted on threads that you don't expect to see them.

Some blogs will ban you for a bit if you don't put spoiler alerts in the title. I think that is quite excessive but some folks take spoilers even more seriously than I do!

In the scheme of things, it is small potatoes, when our world is so fucked up but these days, my little TV shows are important to me and I like to be surprised when I watch the show myself.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #4
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Not into spoilers. Or McSpoilersons. Nope, not into either one. If one absolutely feels the need to post a spoiler, at the very least a SPOILER ALERT! would be nice.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

What do you think about folks who post spoilers for popular tv shows on Facebook or other social media?

I feel that a tarring and feathering might be appropriate.

Do you feel that there is an etiquette around how long someone should wait before posting a spoiler?

I do. Given people's busy lifestyles, I'd say feel free to post whatever you want to post one episode (or one week) after the episode in question.

Do you think folks get too pissed off when people post a spoiler?

I do. I get squinchy sometimes but not as freakin' berserk as a lot of people.

Have you ever stayed away from social media to keep from seeing a spoiler?

I generally stay away from social media as a rule, so this isn't a big deal for me.

Thoughts?

Occasionally, but I usually keep them to myself unless I've got a bee in my bonnet about something.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #6
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I waited three weeks for all of my friends to get through the most recent OITNB, just suffering in silence over what I knew and couldn't process with anyone

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT WAS FOR ME??? That character was my bae all the way

To think that there are people out there who would spoil it and render that superhuman sacrifice unnecessary is very distressing

This is serious business
Old 10-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #7
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I was really upset because TWD got spoiled for me. It's only been one day! And it was posted somewhere totally unexpected.

I waited all summer to find out what happened. I could have gone to the comic book and found out what happened next, but I _waited_. And now it's all been blown.

I don't watch a lot of TV. When I do, I really want the full experience.

I'm still kinda upset.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #8
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,098 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

With few exceptions (The Sixth Sense, Jean de Florette, A Pure Formality) I like spoilers and sometimes seek them.

I try not to give out spoilers because a lot of people don't like them. Recently, I gave out a spoiler to a sporting event but it wasn't intentional and people understood.

What's interesting is that I have known people who have absolutely refused to give me the spoilers on a film or book. I don't get that at all.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #9
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

i say off with their heads! ��
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:56 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

What's interesting is that I have known people who have absolutely refused to give me the spoilers on a film or book. I don't get that at all.
Yes, this!

I don't enjoy horror or gory movies but there are some that I'd like to know what happened because the trailers intrigued me but I. Don't. Want. To. See. The. Movies.

And people won't tell me. I just want Cliff Notes, dammit.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 PM   #11
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yes, this!

I don't enjoy horror or gory movies but there are some that I'd like to know what happened because the trailers intrigued me but I. Don't. Want. To. See. The. Movies.

And people won't tell me. I just want Cliff Notes, dammit.

I used to have a girlfriend who needed spoilers on everything she watched before she watched it; specifically, "Does anything bad happen to an animal in it?" If she didn't know, she couldn't watch it. If she started watching a movie and an animal appeared on screen, and she hadn't known there were animals in it, she would get up and walk out before anything upsetting could possibly happen.

- Prince
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 05:39 AM   #12
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I used to have a girlfriend who needed spoilers on everything she watched before she watched it; specifically, "Does anything bad happen to an animal in it?" If she didn't know, she couldn't watch it. If she started watching a movie and an animal appeared on screen, and she hadn't known there were animals in it, she would get up and walk out before anything upsetting could possibly happen.
Did you know about

DoesTheDogDie.com

Do you turn off Old Yeller before the end so you can pretend that he lived a long and happy life? Did a cute pet on a movie poster make you think it would be a fun comedy but it turned out to be a pet-with-a-terminal-illness tearjerker instead? Are you unable to enjoy the human body count in a horror movie because you're wondering whether the dog's going to kick the bucket? Have you ever Googled "Does the [dog/cat/horse/Klingon targ] die in [movie title]?"

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then welcome - DoestheDogDie.com is here for you!

Browse All 4,145 Movies
Old 10-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #13
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Did you know about

DoesTheDogDie.com

Do you turn off Old Yeller before the end so you can pretend that he lived a long and happy life? Did a cute pet on a movie poster make you think it would be a fun comedy but it turned out to be a pet-with-a-terminal-illness tearjerker instead? Are you unable to enjoy the human body count in a horror movie because you're wondering whether the dog's going to kick the bucket? Have you ever Googled "Does the [dog/cat/horse/Klingon targ] die in [movie title]?"

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then welcome - DoestheDogDie.com is here for you!

Browse All 4,145 Movies
Sounds like a great site...have to check it out

As for spoilers, am fond of them. A good idea to see if all the "foreplay" of

getting to the flick is worth the result e.g. finding a showing, making bus

reservations, locating a h/motel for the night, taxi to /from lodging, packing

for trip, etc..etc..etc.

Want to see "Snowden" badly, but (at last check) shows >100 miles away.

Don't get 1st run movies in these here parts. Really miss city life!!!

Would love a detailed spoiler!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #14
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I'm still kind of peeved.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #15
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

When the latest Star Wars came out a man came out and shouted THAT MOMENT out so everyone in line for the next showing knew a super critical moment in the film. He got his ass beat down for it, too. lmfao like five people on him, some dressed in character! Spoilers suck y'all...and they can get your self pulverized. lmao...

Be courteous. Pretty simple. You want to talk about something, take a few seconds and write Spoiler Alert. Pretty easy not to be a dick.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #16
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I HATE SPOILERS AND MCSPOILERSONS!!!! With a passion. How hard is it to type "spoiler alert"? I avoid posts and threads and social media if I'm afraid something will be spoiled. I even hate teasers and trailers for movies and avoid them. They're basically gigantic spoilers lol.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #17
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner70 View Post
When the latest Star Wars came out a man came out and shouted THAT MOMENT out so everyone in line for the next showing knew a super critical moment in the film. He got his ass beat down for it, too. lmfao like five people on him, some dressed in character! Spoilers suck y'all...and they can get your self pulverized. lmao...

Be courteous. Pretty simple. You want to talk about something, take a few seconds and write Spoiler Alert. Pretty easy not to be a dick.
I want to deplore any violence, buuuuuuuut

DAMN

That's Shitty McShitterson
Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #18
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I don't appreciate spoilers. I want to find out and experience the moment(s) for myself.....was it Carly Simon who sang....Anticipation? Or was that just a ketchup commercial??!!....is makin me wait.......
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: