Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #261
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy power walking and what motivates me to do it, is the fact that I can forget the world exists an hour a day!

Have a great day!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i soooo struggle with motivation for exercise..
i get out and walk when i need to go places, but i need motivation to get up and moving every day, more than just walking to work and back..

i have tons of things i could do, i have a gym membership, i have an elliptical here at home, ive DVD's, i have a stepper and other small exercise tools, weights, i have a bike i could ride the trails at the lake here near home - the list goes on and on...

what things get you all motivated to just do it!?
i know once i get at it, i feel great about doing so.. i need to be consistent though, thats where my motivation lacks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #262
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i soooo struggle with motivation for exercise..
i get out and walk when i need to go places, but i need motivation to get up and moving every day, more than just walking to work and back..

i have tons of things i could do, i have a gym membership, i have an elliptical here at home, ive DVD's, i have a stepper and other small exercise tools, weights, i have a bike i could ride the trails at the lake here near home - the list goes on and on...

what things get you all motivated to just do it!?
i know once i get at it, i feel great about doing so.. i need to be consistent though, thats where my motivation lacks!
What works best for YOU? Do you need an immediate reward or can you work towards a reward goal?

For example, I could go buy a dress that I really wanted if I worked out for x number of days continually or on schedule. Or I could allow myself a half an hour of personal, just for me time after each workout of a half hour or more. Or for every day you work out, put x amount of money aside for a future pleasure.

It's nice to say that the workout is motivation enough, but sometimes it's not. Sometimes you need that extra push to get you there and through it, even though you know it is good for you.

I do agree that doing something you enjoy for the workout is important, otherwise you'll come to resent the workout and that's not the path to follow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #263
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
What works best for YOU? Do you need an immediate reward or can you work towards a reward goal?

For example, I could go buy a dress that I really wanted if I worked out for x number of days continually or on schedule. Or I could allow myself a half an hour of personal, just for me time after each workout of a half hour or more. Or for every day you work out, put x amount of money aside for a future pleasure.

It's nice to say that the workout is motivation enough, but sometimes it's not. Sometimes you need that extra push to get you there and through it, even though you know it is good for you.

I do agree that doing something you enjoy for the workout is important, otherwise you'll come to resent the workout and that's not the path to follow.

I love this idea.

I'm not a person who enjoys excercise...unless flopping around in the pool in slow motion is exercise.

I like walking on the beach, but we don't get to do that as often as we like due to work schedules....at least not often enough to qualify as regular exercise.

We got the Mobia, and I just need to get my rear up on it and walk every day. It (clearly) will work....it just isn't fun. I can distract myself with TV and it's in the air-conditioned house - which helps a great deal. But that's like removing some of the pain...not a reward.

I think I need to set up a reward system for myself. Maybe I'll print up a calendar and check off every day I get on the Mobia....and give myself a new book on the Kindle for every x number of days or something. Details to be arranged.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #264
amnesia.bfp

How Do You Identify?:
not sure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess
Relationship Status:
Guess

amnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputationamnesia.bfp Has the BEST Reputation

Do I think it's healthy to obsess about calories?

I can't remember.

Who am I?
amnesia.bfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #265
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

WW is still working for me. I admit that I'm getting a wee bit bored with it, but that's only because it is way more fun to eat whatever it is I want when the mood strikes. But... That's life; I would be happy in that moment and kinda miserable the rest of the time.

Anyway... Back to the positive.

After 7 weeks I've lost a total of 12 pounds; that's half of my goal.

Good stuff...
Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #266
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I like WW, I like having a witness. Between that and CBT I am making real changes that are lasting real time. I have lost 25 lbs, and inches off everywhere. I am fitting back into my 'older' clothes. This time I am throwing out the clothes I shrink out of. I really feel like I got it this time. The CBT has really worked for me.

I also have worked the gym into my routine. It is a six block walk from the office, classes start at 5, I am off at 4:45. It works perfectly. I try to go Mon - Thurs every week, but lets face it that is not always possible. I do go a min of twice a week. I love my Zumba classes, love to dance & my weight lifting class. I am not looking for muscles... like I need more bulk <geesh>. And I *try* to get out to walk every weekend, but again that is just not always top on my list of things to do. And there is a GREAT gay yoga class on Sundays and if I have no patients I go to that one. And he does make me sweat.

Each day is a new day. Every week is a new week. I don't expect miracle weight loss. It took me years to get this way, its not going to go away in a jiffy. I feel great. My goals are in 5 lb increments. The end goal is going to get there when I get there... in the mean time I have lots of mini goals to accomplish.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #267
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I like WW, I like having a witness. Between that and CBT I am making real changes that are lasting real time. I have lost 25 lbs, and inches off everywhere. I am fitting back into my 'older' clothes. This time I am throwing out the clothes I shrink out of. I really feel like I got it this time. The CBT has really worked for me.

I also have worked the gym into my routine. It is a six block walk from the office, classes start at 5, I am off at 4:45. It works perfectly. I try to go Mon - Thurs every week, but lets face it that is not always possible. I do go a min of twice a week. I love my Zumba classes, love to dance & my weight lifting class. I am not looking for muscles... like I need more bulk <geesh>. And I *try* to get out to walk every weekend, but again that is just not always top on my list of things to do. And there is a GREAT gay yoga class on Sundays and if I have no patients I go to that one. And he does make me sweat.

Each day is a new day. Every week is a new week. I don't expect miracle weight loss. It took me years to get this way, its not going to go away in a jiffy. I feel great. My goals are in 5 lb increments. The end goal is going to get there when I get there... in the mean time I have lots of mini goals to accomplish.
Sounds good.......and right. Good luck!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #268
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
.... I do go a min of twice a week. I love my Zumba classes, love to dance & my weight lifting class. I am not looking for muscles... like I need more bulk <geesh>. And I *try* to get out to walk every weekend, but again that is just not always top on my list of things to do. And there is a GREAT gay yoga class on Sundays and if I have no patients I go to that one. And he does make me sweat.

Excellent point of view and mindset! It does take time and conviction to get where you want and need to be.

I did want to throw this out there, if someone was considering weight training and was also concerned about bulking up. The female body just does not bulk up like a guy's will. It takes twice the time and dedication for a female body builder as it does for a male body builder.

What it will do is speed up one's metabolism a bit and make the muscles you do have more dense and defined. There will be toning and sculpting but nothing bulging or super prominent unless that is the goal, even with folks (like me!) who are made up of more dense fibers and do tend to bulk up easily.

As a pear shaped person, it's a bit of a requirement for me in order to work to balance out the bottom and top halves.

Good for you, foxy!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #269
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I have found counting calories and portion control helps me to maintain my weight.

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia.bfp View Post
Do I think it's healthy to obsess about calories?

I can't remember.

Who am I?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #270
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I found a way to get the weight to go away but it takes some time for it to work,for me it ws 2 weeks.Since the doc said I was as colse to being diabetic as I can be I had best watch it by cuting carbs,I thought I was doing a good job cause I was loseing weight with the exersiseing I was doin but when I took my ac1test it was a 6.6...yeah right.So I told the doc I wanted a meeter to track how my body uses carbs or am I cuting enough carbs out to do any good with out doing harm..I mean the bod dose need some carbs,Useing the meeter by testing three times a week both day and night I have found the carb leval that works to keep my suagr levals anywhere from 85 wich is right on to 104( I fudged that day and ate something I shouldnt have) mostly I stay about 90to 101.I had to change a lot of my fav friuts to only the ones that are as low as possable in carbs to only haveing bread once or twice a week,no cereal ect,ect.Anyway its working just fine,I also joined a wellness center and am going as many days as I can, usely four days.I am loseing a bout two pounds a week last weigh in was down to 264 from the last weigh in a t 266.What I have found that really burns calories for me is the rowing machine,I can go into zen mode and row my little hearts content,I use the other stuff to keep body balance but I dig the rower.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #271
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Congratulations!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I found a way to get the weight to go away but it takes some time for it to work,for me it ws 2 weeks.Since the doc said I was as colse to being diabetic as I can be I had best watch it by cuting carbs,I thought I was doing a good job cause I was loseing weight with the exersiseing I was doin but when I took my ac1test it was a 6.6...yeah right.So I told the doc I wanted a meeter to track how my body uses carbs or am I cuting enough carbs out to do any good with out doing harm..I mean the bod dose need some carbs,Useing the meeter by testing three times a week both day and night I have found the carb leval that works to keep my suagr levals anywhere from 85 wich is right on to 104( I fudged that day and ate something I shouldnt have) mostly I stay about 90to 101.I had to change a lot of my fav friuts to only the ones that are as low as possable in carbs to only haveing bread once or twice a week,no cereal ect,ect.Anyway its working just fine,I also joined a wellness center and am going as many days as I can, usely four days.I am loseing a bout two pounds a week last weigh in was down to 264 from the last weigh in a t 266.What I have found that really burns calories for me is the rowing machine,I can go into zen mode and row my little hearts content,I use the other stuff to keep body balance but I dig the rower.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #272
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning everyone... I hope your Thursday morning is off to a happy & healthy start!

Like others here, I joined WW 3 weeks ago. I've had multiple friends that had major success with the program and honestly, they motivated to join. As of today, I've lost a total of 8 pounds. I haven't been exercising, just following the points program. I know, it doesn't seem like a lot in my head, but then I pick up a couple of sacks of potatoes and remind myself "this is what you aren't carrying around anymore". It helps me keep it in perspective that yes it might seem like a small amount, but feeling it tells me that I'm going in the right direction.

Last night, D and I went walking at a park by our house that has a 1.25 mile track. It was 7 pm and still 102 degree (gotta love Texas). Luckily, the track is partially shaded and there was a nice breeze. Anyway, we were 1/2 way through the first lap, and my honey said, "let's jog from the next tree to the park bench". I looked at her like she had lost her mind... ME RUN?! I can't tell you the last time I actually did anything past a walk. I didn't even think that I knew HOW to jog.

I know that sounds silly, but after I did it I smiled. We continued walking and doing the random jog sprints for a total of 2 miles! HOLY CRAP is all I can say! D said, "I've never seen anyone smile when they jog". To me, it was the journey of a thousand miles, that began with that one step!

Anyway, I wanted to say congratuations to everyone for taking those daily steps for a healthier life!!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #273
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Good morning everyone... I hope your Thursday morning is off to a happy & healthy start!

Like others here, I joined WW 3 weeks ago. I've had multiple friends that had major success with the program and honestly, they motivated to join. As of today, I've lost a total of 8 pounds. I haven't been exercising, just following the points program. I know, it doesn't seem like a lot in my head, but then I pick up a couple of sacks of potatoes and remind myself "this is what you aren't carrying around anymore". It helps me keep it in perspective that yes it might seem like a small amount, but feeling it tells me that I'm going in the right direction.

Last night, D and I went walking at a park by our house that has a 1.25 mile track. It was 7 pm and still 102 degree (gotta love Texas). Luckily, the track is partially shaded and there was a nice breeze. Anyway, we were 1/2 way through the first lap, and my honey said, "let's jog from the next tree to the park bench". I looked at her like she had lost her mind... ME RUN?! I can't tell you the last time I actually did anything past a walk. I didn't even think that I knew HOW to jog.

I know that sounds silly, but after I did it I smiled. We continued walking and doing the random jog sprints for a total of 2 miles! HOLY CRAP is all I can say! D said, "I've never seen anyone smile when they jog". To me, it was the journey of a thousand miles, that began with that one step!

Anyway, I wanted to say congratuations to everyone for taking those daily steps for a healthier life!!
I can't even tell you how much this made me smile.....from deep inside to the outside. Your focus and positive attitude is all over this post.

Eight pounds in three weeks is perfect too!

You're all over it, lady!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #274
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I can't even tell you how much this made me smile.....from deep inside to the outside. Your focus and positive attitude is all over this post.

Eight pounds in three weeks is perfect too!

You're all over it, lady!!!!
THANK YOU so much Thinker! Honestly, I know how easy it is to get discouraged on a weight loss journey...luckily we all have eachother to motivate us to keep pushing through.

It's crazy, one of my close friends started WW six months ago, did the walking/jogging combination and now she's lost about 40 pounds. What's amazing to me, is that she is now running at least 8 miles a day and running freakin' marathons! WOW is all I can say!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #275
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone,

Well its summertime, and I've decided to kick-start My weight loss now even though I will be indoors most of the summer watching My sister. I don't mind it, but I also need to work on getting some of this weight off. I know that I will be supported greatly here, and just want to look for ideas to help Me in getting started but also to have that support that I may not always have here. I do have My parents and a couple of friends to support Me, however I think being among friends here too is going to benefit Me in the long run.

I put on My facebook status the other day that I was thinking of joining Weight Watchers, what do you all think of that? Should I just stick to trying exercise and eating right or would that be a good idea too? Does anyone have experience or know someone who has been to WW and if so, what was your overall opinion of it? Right now this is just a thought in My head but I'm just looking for feedback whatever it may be. I plan on using the summer to read over this thread, write down idea of things to try plus I'm also thinking of buying a bike this summer and getting a gym membership. I have a doctor's appointment next week and plan on getting weighed but three months ago I was 374 ~ thats the highest I've ever been.

I look forward to having this thread, and My Planet family, there to help Me to finally begin getting healthy :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #276
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Hi Matthew

First, CONGRATULATIONS for taking that first step to living a healthier life! WW is a great program... for me, it keeps me accountable for what I eat and how much physical activity I do.

I would first suggest keeping a food journal and writing down every single thing that you eat. Sometimes, as we go about our day, we don't even realize how much & when we eat (out of boredom, stress). Once I started keeping track of it all, I was more aware of when/what I ate and was able to control eating habits.

Another thing that I've always had a problem with is protion control. Go to any restaurant... the plates are the size of platters now and can easily be split between 2 people, or saved for 2 meals! At home, we've switched to eating meals on salad plates. It tricks my mind thinking that I've got a full plate!

Another thing... drink TONS of water!! I can't stress this enough!

You mentioned about exercising over the summer. Even indoors, you can exercise. There are millions of workout videos or tv exercise programs on every single day. If that's not your thing, just grab your sister and take a walk around the block. It's good for both of you... and let's you enjoy some quality time with her

GOOD LUCK my friend!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #277
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I really like WW. I like it because it is a witness on my journey. I have good weeks and not so good weeks. I joined last year for the first time and did not fall off the wagon...nope I lept off the wagon.

This year is different because I started at the same time with a therapist and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to find out WHY I overate, or ate my emotions. I never realized that I was an emotional eater until January. In hindsight I can't imagine why I never saw it before <shoulder shrug> but I did not. I like the points system of WW. I love that fruits and veges are zero points that makes it simpler. I am a vegetarian and I have cut out dairy, which was hard but has really helped me physically. I tried eating Raw, but the most I could do and sustain for any amount was 70% raw and the rest cooked or processed.

I do think combining my process with exercise is key to me. I feel good. I have only had three overeating episodes since January and that is pretty darn good.

Good luck Matthew!! And PinkieLee...jogging... girl that is my "in the future I will" idea!! That is inspiring. 8 lbs is fantastic! Keep it up.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #278
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
THANK YOU so much Thinker! Honestly, I know how easy it is to get discouraged on a weight loss journey...luckily we all have eachother to motivate us to keep pushing through.

It's crazy, one of my close friends started WW six months ago, did the walking/jogging combination and now she's lost about 40 pounds. What's amazing to me, is that she is now running at least 8 miles a day and running freakin' marathons! WOW is all I can say!

Wow-Wee!!! That's fantastic!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #279
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hi everyone,

Well its summertime, and I've decided to kick-start My weight loss now even though I will be indoors most of the summer watching My sister. I don't mind it, but I also need to work on getting some of this weight off. I know that I will be supported greatly here, and just want to look for ideas to help Me in getting started but also to have that support that I may not always have here. I do have My parents and a couple of friends to support Me, however I think being among friends here too is going to benefit Me in the long run.

I put on My facebook status the other day that I was thinking of joining Weight Watchers, what do you all think of that? Should I just stick to trying exercise and eating right or would that be a good idea too? Does anyone have experience or know someone who has been to WW and if so, what was your overall opinion of it? Right now this is just a thought in My head but I'm just looking for feedback whatever it may be. I plan on using the summer to read over this thread, write down idea of things to try plus I'm also thinking of buying a bike this summer and getting a gym membership. I have a doctor's appointment next week and plan on getting weighed but three months ago I was 374 ~ thats the highest I've ever been.

I look forward to having this thread, and My Planet family, there to help Me to finally begin getting healthy :-)
Congratulations, Matthew, on making that decision!

Pinkie's suggestion about water is so perfect! You will be amazed at how much better you feel once you start doing it.

I highly recommend head-to-toe stretching......at least 10 minutes.....every morning and every evening. Do every stretch you can think of for every part of your body and hold each stretch for about 4 deep inhale/exhale breaths. I like doing that instead of counting because sometimes I find myself holding my breath while I stretch. Concentrate on the breathing as well as getting a good stretch on the muscles.

Good luck, brother!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #280
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

wheeeeeeeeeeeee !!

look at you all!! *smiling big* congratz!!

it always tickles me pink to see people making lifestyle choices for better health, because it not only motivates me to keep at it, but reminds me of when i first decided i needed to do something.. it's still a struggle of mine, but i'm really on the right track finally..

one thing that helps me, is like Tonya said, to record everything you eat in the run of a day.. i'm much like she said, eating things i didn't even realize i eat and makes a big difference in the calorie intake..

Water, is the biggest thing for me as well.. i cut off my sodapop some months ago, as well as any sugary juices and drinks, and i drink lots and lots of water.. That alone makes such a huge difference in my energy level each day - i can't believe how much the sugar weighed me down.. Not to mention it just makes me feel healthier overall..

Something i could suggest is to make a list, of rules you want to follow each day, or a chart to follow each day and mark off as you do things.. i have mine hanging right next to my pc on my wall, so every little thing i accomplish each day, i mark it off.. i have set a weekly goal, and a monthly goal, to reward myself if i am successful in following my rules and doing everything like exercise, drinking water, eating breakfast, etc etc..

Oh and speaking of breakfast, make sure you eat a good breakfast each day, thats something i rarely did but now, i do and it makes a big difference as well.. Lots of fruits and veggies too!!

Good luck to those of you who started your healthy journeys too and keep coming back - cuz if we all motivate and encourage one another, it will be a huge help for us all..

and Tonya, super big congrats on the 8 lbs, thats wonderful!! so proud of you xoxoxo!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: