Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Household hints and cleaning recipes!

Questions, answers and tips here!

lot's of folks in the craft thread had some great ideas, so here we go!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

One of my faves...

Vinegar in laundry! Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. It is too mild to harm fabrics, but strong enough to dissolve the alkalies. It also whitens whites, brightens brights and makes black less blah. AND, it acts as a fabric softener and static reducer; using it will actually make your towels softer. Plus, it helps with the bad smells like smoke etc. Finally, it works on clothes that have mold or mildew (for anyone who has forgotten about a load of wet clothes in the washer).

Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
One of my faves...

Vinegar in laundry! Add about 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar to the last rinse. It is too mild to harm fabrics, but strong enough to dissolve the alkalies. It also whitens whites, brightens brights and makes black less blah. AND, it acts as a fabric softener and static reducer; using it will actually make your towels softer. Plus, it helps with the bad smells like smoke etc. Finally, it works on clothes that have mold or mildew (for anyone who has forgotten about a load of wet clothes in the washer).

I never knew this. Thank you for sharing

I use vinegar to clean my stainless steel appliances. It gets even the hard water marks off without having to scrub and it leaves everything shiny and streak-free.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Essential oils in the bath! i love eucalyptus for my breathing and lavender is the best for relaxation.

i put a few drops in and the whole house smells great
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I never knew this. Thank you for sharing
Anytime! For the price, you cannot beat it. I actually keep my vinegar in the laundry area-not the kitchen.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Red wine spill on carpet? Douse with soda water then dab with layers of paper towel. Continue until no colour shows on the paper towel.

Line the laundry baskets with a couple of sheets of paper towel sprinkled with tea tree oil to keep nasty smells at bay.

A box or small bowl of baking soda in the refrigerator, freezer, or any cupboard will keep away unpleasant odours. Similarly, baking soda will keep away garbage odours; sprinkle the bottom of the pail, and then sprinkle again after you put a new bag in.

To remove stale smells from food containers, rinse out with hot water and baking soda. If the smell persists, let the container soak overnight in the baking soda and water mixture.

For burnt-on food in the bottom of pots, sprinkle with baking soda, and then add hot water. Let soak overnight; the dried on food will come loose much more easily.

Baking soda in the litter tray will help prevent odours.

Add a few drops of Essential oils to a damp cotton wool ball and put it in your vacuum.

Add a few drops of Essential oils to a wet wash cloth and place in your dryer.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i do the essential oils in the vacuum but never thought about the dryer!

Herne is my favorite for the floors, a few drops in the water bucket is great.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Anytime! For the price, you cannot beat it. I actually keep my vinegar in the laundry area-not the kitchen.

i will try this!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Ok, more laundry stuff-kind of.

Laundry sheets uses:

~put in your pocket to help repel mosquitos
~tuck under the seat of your car to help the scent stay fresh
~wipe across hair when static is an issue
~stash in the lingerie drawer for body-friendly sachets

Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
TimilDeeps

How Do You Identify?:
queer fucker
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mine
Relationship Status:
I'm dating myself. It's really working out. I think I'm the one!!!

Thanked 1,471 Times in 445 Posts
TimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST Reputation

Use an iron, paper towels, and a paper grocery bag to remove candle wax.

paper towels directly on wax then cover that with the grocery bag. Iron the grocery bag until wax melts and is absorbed by the paper towels.
TimilDeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TimilDeeps For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

a pumice stone will make the toilet shiny and new, and anything else with water scale.

it's non abrasive and words great to erase those lines.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

cleaning and laundry day so i'm using vinegar, i can't stand the smell of Febreeze (which is the most toxic item on the shelf) or most cleaners, all they do is mask odor.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default More uses for vinegar

Do you have any of those storage things in your shower that stick on the wall with suction cups? If they keep falling off the wall, wipe the back of the cups and the wall with vinegar, wet the suction cups with water, and stick back on the wall . . . they will stay put.

Also, after we had a bathroom repainted I noticed some paint splatter on the chrome towel racks. Guess what took them right off? Vinegar. Plus I noticed how shiny the towel rack was becoming . . . so I cleaned the faucets with vinegar too!

And . . . if you have any stinky kitchen smells (think fish), a small bowl of vinegar left sitting on the counter will get rid of the smell quickly.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #14
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

thehairpin.com is tolly awesome in every way, but they have a feature called "Ask a Clean Person" that is awesome

here is the archive

http://thehairpin.com/tag/ask-a-clean-person

bonus: THE COMMENTS on any hairpin post can easily become the best part of your whole day
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

oh yes and a small bowl of vinegar can help soak up stinky smoke smells and other general icky smells.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
thehairpin.com is tolly awesome in every way, but they have a feature called "Ask a Clean Person" that is awesome

here is the archive

http://thehairpin.com/tag/ask-a-clean-person

bonus: THE COMMENTS on any hairpin post can easily become the best part of your whole day
What a cool site! Thank you!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cajun_dee for this topic!
Though I do not have time to hang out here online today, I am commenting so I can easily find this place again.

Off now to do woodworking outside today. It finally quit raining and I must complete my storage room shelves that I started weeks ago. Excited because I can take stuff out of my kitchen like crockpot, veggie steamer, etc. and put in storage room - free up kitchen space. Plus, it is fun to build useful things.

Happy day to all!
Brock
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #18
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Vinegar is miracle stuff.

Another use: run through the coffee pot to clean out water scales, etc. I run a pot with a 1/4 cup vinegar and then two water pots to rinse. The water is used on the potted plants on the front porch.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

hmm i have found that a can of coke is helpful to remove grease (from working on cars) .. i put a little in my laundry and it takes hard grease stains out of my levis..have to re wash but the stains are gone. same with tracked in grease on carpet..pour some coke on it let it sit a lil then scrub with a brush then just warm soap an water.
also tooth paste for those white rings on tables (from hot coffee cup an stuff). the regular crest. a dab on my finger ..work it into the wood until the burn is gone.

um also mayo.. when a cigg burn is in carpet or upolstery.. run some mayo on it it will break up that black burn stuff
Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #20
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
Red wine spill on carpet? Douse with soda water then dab with layers of paper towel. Continue until no colour shows on the paper towel.

You can also pour regular table salt on red wine spills this absorbs it then just vacuum it up.