Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default What surprises you?

Either good or bad. Nice or not so nice. Or just not expected.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Surprised we are having so much snow. I like snow but I don't love it. 30" is way too much!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

It always surprises me when there is little, if any, acknowledgement of the reason it is a holiday. We love time off, we like the extended weekend, but do we even take a moment to remember why we have it?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

it surprises me every year how damn cold it is in January!! ughhhhh!!! bring on spring!

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:

WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

It always surprises me when there is little, if any, acknowledgement of the reason it is a holiday. We love time off, we like the extended weekend, but do we even take a moment to remember why we have it?

This bears repeating... and repeating... and repeating....

The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

It will always surprise me how selfish humans are by nature...
Old 01-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

that even after 25+ years she crosses my mind Im sure I will never forget her or our time together
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Sarah Palin's increasing level of stupidity! I know I shouldn't be surprised, but really?
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

It always surprises me how people think their religion is "normal" and everyone else is worshipping idols. How "crossing yourself" and kneeling is acceptable but prostrating yourself is "weird".

The Quebec Government is trying to pass and enforce a charter that would secularise the public sector. Problem is, it's secularising everything except that which is Christian. The crucifix hanging in the National Assembly would be exempt from "secularising".

Pineault-Caron secular charter testimony goes viral on YouTube

Geneviève Caron and Claude Pineault were shocked to find people praying on all fours at Moroccan mosque

A family’s testimony at the secular charter hearings at the Quebec national assembly has gone viral thanks to YouTube.

Geneviève Caron and Claude Pineault testified late Thursday afternoon at the commission on Quebec’s controversial proposed secular charter that would ban the wearing of visible religious symbols in the public sector.

Interested in intolerance? Have a look at what is happening in Quebec.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...tube-1.2501980

Should I be surprised at ignorance? Probably not. But the thing is, these people will get a vote.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #10
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,340 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

It surprises me when people do something for me or make a gesture that's really genuine with no agenda other than just making my life a little happier.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Poor management of a business and employees apathy towards it.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Synapses, axons, dendrites....

The depths, intricacies, and idiosyncrasies of the human mind.

It is just glorious to behold the endless ways in which people process information and sensory input. I could sit for hours at a time and just quietly observe the wheels turning in as many different directions as there are people alive.

It's fascinating.

And it reminds me of the miraculousness of a simple thought.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #13
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

It surprised me how much support I am getting in the cancer thread because I have breast cancer scare in progress. I am grateful to all those who help me make it through the day and give their support and comforting words. Man I can't believe how good it feels to know I am not alone , even though I am going through this crap alone in r/t.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I shouldn't be in this day and age, but every once in a while, someone's sense of entitlement will catch me off guard.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

How my family can come together over an event that otherwise we would have no idea each of us were even aware of. Yesterday, during a playoff game, we all were making comments on Facebook. Cousins and nieces who I hadn't heard from years ago are brought together over.....social media.

It's amazing that we can share moments that we weren't aware of years ago. To be a part of their life if just for comments or pushing the like button. The photographs that bring us into each other's busy lives, living across the country.

This surprises me the most...modern technology.

Even this, connecting thru here, brings us together!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.

Last edited by Bèsame*; 01-20-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Addition
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #16
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

She surprises me every day!!!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

It surprises me that 194 children have been killed by guns since Sandyhook and so many of us are silent, we should all agree on the basics, but we continue to rationalize, how many more children have to die before we decide individually we have to take a stand?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #18
Daktari

I constantly surprise myself
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #19
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

It surprises me how surprised I am when a certain coworker's smile brightens my day. I should know better. In fact when I'm having a bad day I should just go pull up a chair in her cubicle and say "Girl I need a pick me up!'.

Her smile is so contagious. I am truly blessed to know her

Old 01-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #20
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

…the severity of my chocolate craving this evening!

<-- could be me but it's too frigid to go to the store and get some (which doesn't surprise me)!

Maybe I'll settle for hot chocolate.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: