Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #41
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So those magazines I talked about getting rid of are finally gone. Some lucky freecycler came and picked them up today. Now I have to get rid of my advocate and out travel magazines as well.

I was going to do the textbooks thing next, but there is alot of rain outside, and their in the storage, so maybe what I will do now is condense down my clothes a bit more. I know I have stuff that im keeping, that I dont really wear, or that is too big for me now.

Oh, and im also getting rid of some stuff that we don't really need, I put our Grateful Dead Opoly collectors monopoly unopened board game up in Queerbay, and im going to put some of my other game stuff up there too that I do not want.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #42
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Memories that needed to go.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #43
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

one hefty bag of clothes...

*Gulp*

Inside that hefty bag is a hoody with skulls and stars on it that my long term ex gave me...

It's the first piece of clothing that I've parted with... It's a start..
Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #44
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[quote=iamkeri1;37172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I cleaned out my closet; Who would have known that I had 2 sets of the same snickers because I didn't know I bought the ones earlier

I hate to be obtuse, but what the heck are snickers? The only kind of snickers that I know of that you could store in a closet are the candy bar type snickers. It is beyond my chocolate addict's brain to be able to imagine that anyone could stick them in a closet and forget that they were there. So are we talking about some other kind of snickers? Sorry if this is an embasrrassing question.
Smooches,
Keri
Lol, so I can't spell... Actually, my ferret is name is Snickers and he was snooping around, so I can't recall if I put his name or I was just being lame and didn't double check my spelling. Does that answer your question?
I don't think, that is I definitely wouldn't' leave a candy bar let alone two of them in my closet... Besides, I don't use scholar words, I'm not the encyclopedia type, book smart is not my forte, Im just a street smart child with dyslexia...
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #45
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I'm loving all the decluttering stories - thank you!

I've been a naughty, naughty girl today. I was planning to pack up some stuff this morning and take it to a local auction - bits and pieces that I couldn't be bothered to list individually on eBay - but it's cold, and raining, so although W/we'll be still be going to the auction this evening (to buy in order to re-sell), I never got around to taking the bits I planned on putting in. Good news, is, however, that I've listed a few odds and ends on eBay this morning - including a set of 6 really nice espresso coffe duos (W/we don't have an espresso machine, and besides, B's switched from coffee to tea so, well, not much point in keeping them, right?) - so it's not all bad.

Which reminds me. To those of you who don't do eBay/Queerbay, you should. You'd be amazed at what people will buy and how the amounts mount up. Plus, if you're selling fragile items, crumpled up magazine pages make wonderful packing material and empty shoe boxes, etc., great containers. (I usually turn them inside out so they look a bit more 'professional'. Seems kind of cheeky to send someone a rare crystal glass costing $50 in a box with 'Spaghetti-Os' written all over the front. Green with class - yep, that's me. LOL.)

Anyway, please keep on posting and inspiring....

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #46
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

A box of clothes and books

and

The guilt of moving...

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #47
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I'm loving all the decluttering stories - thank you!

I've been a naughty, naughty girl today. I was planning to pack up some stuff this morning and take it to a local auction - bits and pieces that I couldn't be bothered to list individually on eBay - but it's cold, and raining, so although W/we'll be still be going to the auction this evening (to buy in order to re-sell), I never got around to taking the bits I planned on putting in. Good news, is, however, that I've listed a few odds and ends on eBay this morning - including a set of 6 really nice espresso coffe duos (W/we don't have an espresso machine, and besides, B's switched from coffee to tea so, well, not much point in keeping them, right?) - so it's not all bad.

Which reminds me. To those of you who don't do eBay/Queerbay, you should. You'd be amazed at what people will buy and how the amounts mount up. Plus, if you're selling fragile items, crumpled up magazine pages make wonderful packing material and empty shoe boxes, etc., great containers. (I usually turn them inside out so they look a bit more 'professional'. Seems kind of cheeky to send someone a rare crystal glass costing $50 in a box with 'Spaghetti-Os' written all over the front. Green with class - yep, that's me. LOL.)

Anyway, please keep on posting and inspiring....

Words
You know, I love E-bay, but its very hard to get into it it seems. I have a ton of stuff that I want to sell, but theres always that doubt of, well what if I take the time to list it, and no one buys it, then I just wasted however much money it cost me to list it and my time. Or maybe thats me just making excuses.

Do you actually find that your able to sell a majority of your stuff on ebay?
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #48
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Logicaly,

I think the key to eBay is to research. Before you list something, look for similar items that are currently listed and see if they're selling. Better still, look at completed listings and see how many of the same item sold and how much they sold for. The long and short of it is, you need to be realistic. If something is priced too high, it's simply not going to sell, same applies to shipping, so if the price you want for something is significantly more than what similar items usually sell for, then no, there's not much point in listing it.

As to whether or not most of my items sell, it depends. I do eBay as a 'job', which means in most cases, I buy to re-sell, so I tend to adapt to suit the season. In December, for example, I focused on crystal glasses (ready for the Christmas season) and practically every single set I put on sold. Now? I'd be lucky to sell one or two a week, so I focus on something else. Truth is, the listing fees are much lower than they used to be - as a private seller, you'd probably be able to take advantage of the free listing days as well - so, unless you're listing a particularly expensive item, we're talking pennies as opposed to pounds. Selling fees, on the other hand, are higher than they used to be but, as long as you take into account when you list that you're going to be paying about 10% if an item sells (plus PayPal fees) to eBay, you should be okay. Plus, I don't know about you, when it comes to personal items, things that I no longer want or need but that are too good to just give away/trash, any money they fetch is a bonus. Right?

Anyway, why not start small and give Queerbay a try? Obviously you won't reach the same audience but at least it'll be a first step.

Good luck!

Words
Old 01-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #49
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Lol, so I can't spell... Actually, my ferret is name is Snickers and he was snooping around, so I can't recall if I put his name or I was just being lame and didn't double check my spelling. Does that answer your question?
I don't think, that is I definitely wouldn't' leave a candy bar let alone two of them in my closet... Besides, I don't use scholar words, I'm not the encyclopedia type, book smart is not my forte, Im just a street smart child with dyslexia...
Um, no. It wasn't your ferret, at least I HOPE not!

You had said you bought a new (pair of?) snickers and then found snickers in your closet. I'm betting on sneakers or nickers, but you don't seem the type to call your pants nickers. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
You know, I love E-bay, but its very hard to get into it it seems. I have a ton of stuff that I want to sell, but theres always that doubt of, well what if I take the time to list it, and no one buys it, then I just wasted however much money it cost me to list it and my time. Or maybe thats me just making excuses.

Do you actually find that your able to sell a majority of your stuff on ebay?
Try local avenues first, like a consignment shop or CL. No cost to you!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #50
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I make a pledge to get rid of

a pile of canvases that I have painted on, hate the paintings, or never completed them, but can't bare to paint over them. But I don't care if someone else does - just don't tell me about it. (I take my art waaaaay toooooo seriously - not sure what to do about that).

Honestly, over 1/2 of my possessions are art or music supplies. But that still does not mean that I need them all. And it certainly does not mean that if I get rid of something today, if I need it tomorrow, I won't be able to replace it.

The universe is ever overflowing.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #51
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Sneakers? LOL I'm so sorry! I actually thought it was some new name for undies! I have heard the word "knickers" used for undies, so I thought maybe that's what it was. Well obviously you like those sneakers, or you wouldn;t have bought two of the same (two pairs, I mean.

[quote=Blaze;37532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #52
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I threw away about 12 candy canes that were sitting in a glass container on the kitchen counter. I thought I would save them for cookies or something, but who am I kidding? Into the trash bin they went.

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #53
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation
Default One less thing...

... Whew. Closet is cleaned out. *checking off the list*

three trash bags FULL of clothes that need to go since I got rid of 71lbs!

Rather than the hassle of queerbay, the bags are headed to a local church clothing store. All pieces are resold at $1 so its affordable for everyone.

I am looking out the window to Jess's workshop. Hy has almost a truckload of Momma's Christmas crap... many trees she bought at thrift shops - all missing vital pieces. Why she wont part with them is the 8th Wonder of the World...

Boxes upon boxes of tinsel and icicles (ick)

I think while Hy is outside I might consider purging some of the yarns. Briefly purging my extensive (think entire room) shoe collection. Then I found my brain and decided I had temporary insanity!

The yarn will more than make Hym happy and one can only imagine the points I score by self initiating! *cha-ching*

off to the yarn bins!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #54
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

YAY! The girl rocked it with her "organizing"! I got a good dent knocked out in one of the buildings, but have a long way to go in getting it to a usable work space. Sighs.. slowly but surely, we'll get there.

Good luck to everyone "downsizing"! It does make a world of difference in the peace of mind factor!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #55
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I got rid of 8 hours of my free time plus some much needed sleep.

*yawn*

In two weeks, however, I will have added 8 hours of OT to my check.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #56
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Today I am cleaning out my *Good Clothes* closet..

I've been saving them because:

1. They are expensive and in the classic style..
2. An ex bought them for me
3. In case I ever worked in an office where professional dress was required.

I'm letting them go.. (Well, except the hand made, one of a kind sloutch jacket.. That's just art work..)

I haven't worn almost any of it in five years... They don't fit my body or my soul any more..

*baby steps for letting go of the past*
Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #57
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Default A different generation...

W/we just got back from visiting my parents and spending the best part of a day trying to clear up what is supposed to be my mother's utility room but what has become yet another of my father's dumping grounds. I feel so sorry for my Mom. My brother built her that room so she would have a space of her own, a place where she could store things, use her sewing machine, plant seeds etc. yet, until today, she could hardly get in it, let alone use it.

Anyway, to cut a long story short...W/we put things aside - useless things, things my father will never ever need or use - so he could approve O/our getting rid of them. Result? A huge dent in the mess. Until, that is, he got around to actually looking over what W/we planned on chucking and decided it needed to all go back so he could 'think about it' later. So okay, his family were poor, so okay, he lived through the war and rationing and all that that entailed, but come on, FOUR sets of golf clubs (he can't play any more). Two sets of bowls (he's never played). A badminton racket? Used, what, once, about 40 years ago? *Sigh* I can't begin to tell you how depressed I feel right now at the thought of my mother, at almost 80, and after spending her entire life working so hard, not being able to enjoy the fruits of her labour because of my father's reluctance to let go of crap.

It's just ****ing unfair, you know?

Words
Old 01-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #58
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Oh, I did get rid of something today. My fear of telling my father what I think. I held back today because I didn't want to set him off but next weekend the gloves are off. Seriously.

Words
Old 01-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #59
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Yippy Yahoooo

Today I got rid of:

Misc lumber left overs.

and a

Box full of "stuff" such as two (count them two) rice cooker/steamers, water bottles, dish rack, ugly (to me) picture frames, and plastic in/out box type paper stack racks.

and

I moved two grocery bags full of magazines to the back room where things sit until I figure out what to do with them, and if I can't decide what to do with them, I just take them to the garbage room down the back stairs.

Yippy Yahoooooo.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #60
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Today I got rid of:

Misc lumber left overs.

and a

Box full of "stuff" such as two (count them two) rice cooker/steamers, water bottles, dish rack, ugly (to me) picture frames, and plastic in/out box type paper stack racks.

and

I moved two grocery bags full of magazines to the back room where things sit until I figure out what to do with them, and if I can't decide what to do with them, I just take them to the garbage room down the back stairs.

Yippy Yahoooooo.

My first thought?

I could really USE a rice cooker/steamer thingy.

My second thought?

I wonder what KIND of magazines. Two bags full could give me a ton of workable material for crafts!

My third thought?

Someone save me from myself.

Although.....I really COULD use the cooker thingy.

I'm misunderestimated.