Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #61
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hi,

I wanted to post a couple of pics into a post; my understanding is that I do this from a hosted site and not my hard drive, so I set up a flickr account. I would like to set that account to "private to me" and not share with the whole world. My question is; if I link to a url that is set to private on flickr will it show up here?

Thank you
Unfortunately, no. In order for the forum to see it, the settings would have to be public.

Quote:
Another gallery question;

I have some photos that I would like to move from general gallery into an album I created after the fact. How do I do that?

*suspecting I did this backwards*

Thank you
Go to the photo in question, select edit and choose the gallery you want it to be in.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #62
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Go to the photo in question, select edit and choose the gallery you want it to be in.
My thinking was to put it into an album within a gallery rather than a different gallery. It let me create an album and will let me upload new photos to it; I wanted to move existing gallery photos into the newly created album (subfolder). Wish I could figure out how to be more clear...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #63
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My thinking was to put it into an album within a gallery rather than a different gallery. It let me create an album and will let me upload new photos to it; I wanted to move existing gallery photos into the newly created album (subfolder). Wish I could figure out how to be more clear...
Sorry. Same thing. Just edit the photo and choose which album.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #64
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

having a bit of trouble with the chat window. I get into chat no trouble but I cant see the box where I would post my text...not sure I'm explaining well. Bottom line I cant type any where so I cant chat...can read but cant reply lol
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #65
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
having a bit of trouble with the chat window. I get into chat no trouble but I cant see the box where I would post my text...not sure I'm explaining well. Bottom line I cant type any where so I cant chat...can read but cant reply lol

There should be a box at the bottom where you reply to messages. Do not reply in the chat window itself but underneath where the chat scrolls by.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #66
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
There should be a box at the bottom where you reply to messages. Do not reply in the chat window itself but underneath where the chat scrolls by.
Yes I thought there should be one Linus but there isnt I cant see it for some reason. I saw someone else post about this before as well when you were asking about the changes you made to the chat window.

I have tried the float thing too no different
Old 10-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #67
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
Yes I thought there should be one Linus but there isnt I cant see it for some reason. I saw someone else post about this before as well when you were asking about the changes you made to the chat window.

I have tried the float thing too no different
Are you able to resize the window?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #68
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

As in the chat window? No I havent tried that..if you explain how I will give it a shot
Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #69
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default fused

There are some photos in the gallery that don't seem to display a "Quick Reply" box, I cleared my cache and tried it in two different browsers, Google Chrome and then Internet Explorer.

I posted some pics with The Fish, like this one Happy Monkey and it seems that AbigailCrabby was able to comment, but I don't see the quick reply option...

When I click on this pic, Monkeying Around, I see no quick reply box either...

I am going to back and make sure it isn't an issue re: extra options...

Ok, I deleted one of the pics and uploaded it again and made sure I allowed the photo to be rated, saved it and then logged out and cleared my cache and I still can't see the quick reply box.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #70
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
There are some photos in the gallery that don't seem to display a "Quick Reply" box, I cleared my cache and tried it in two different browsers, Google Chrome and then Internet Explorer.

I posted some pics with The Fish, like this one Happy Monkey and it seems that AbigailCrabby was able to comment, but I don't see the quick reply option...

When I click on this pic, Monkeying Around, I see no quick reply box either...

I am going to back and make sure it isn't an issue re: extra options...

Ok, I deleted one of the pics and uploaded it again and made sure I allowed the photo to be rated, saved it and then logged out and cleared my cache and I still can't see the quick reply box.

There's something on your system that is preventing this. I can see it fine. Has anything been updated recently? Can you see the option to put a rating down on pictures other than your own?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #71
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Is there a way to turn off display of signatures? I'm a member on other forums that run similar software as BFP, and they all include the option to hide signatures on posts.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #72
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
Is there a way to turn off display of signatures? I'm a member on other forums that run similar software as BFP, and they all include the option to hide signatures on posts.

Go to User CP --> Edit Options --> Thread Display Options.

Uncheck Show Signatures.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #73
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you!

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #74
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default More Mountain Dew

Quote:
There's something on your system that is preventing this. I can see it fine. Has anything been updated recently? Can you see the option to put a rating down on pictures other than your own?
I can see the Quick Reply Box on photos that I post

I can see the Quick Reply Box on other photos in the gallery

I can't see the Quick Reply Box on any photos posted in the Monkeying Around The Planet" Category

For a minute, I thought Fishinabaggie had me on Ignore...(again)...
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #75
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
I can see the Quick Reply Box on photos that I post

I can see the Quick Reply Box on other photos in the gallery

I can't see the Quick Reply Box on any photos posted in the Monkeying Around The Planet" Category

For a minute, I thought Fishinabaggie had me on Ignore...(again)...
That's my point. I do see it on that picture you linked. Can you add a rating to that picture?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #76
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Quote:
That's my point. I do see it on that picture you linked. Can you add a rating to that picture?
No

I can see other people's comments but no option to rate or comment and it's just in the monkeying around the planet category of the planet

When Liz logs onto the same machine, using the same browser, she can see those options.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #77
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
No

I can see other people's comments but no option to rate or comment and it's just in the monkeying around the planet category of the planet

When Liz logs onto the same machine, using the same browser, she can see those options.
Hrmmm... Do you have another computer to try it on? This is definitely something with your account (we didn't change anything and I can't find anything explicitly that would prevent that). Do you have Firefox installed? I know you tried Chrome and IE but they are very similar..

I'll see if I can research this later today and figure out why this is happening..

Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #78
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Default Update

Quote:
Hrmmm... Do you have another computer to try it on? This is definitely something with your account (we didn't change anything and I can't find anything explicitly that would prevent that). Do you have Firefox installed? I know you tried Chrome and IE but they are very similar..

I'll see if I can research this later today and figure out why this is happening..

I tried two additional machines, my PC and my Laptop and three different browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and I still get the same view that doesn't include the ability to rate the photo or leave a comment. Just FYI. Thanks Linus!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #79
Daktari

Hey there Linus. I've had this problem for a while now but it's getting worse and is making the site almost unbearable to use.

In Firefox, Safari or Chrome (all current versions), after I've been logged in a short time the site gets slower and slower taking minutes to load one page if it loads at all. It'll do this for an hour then load a couple of pages instantly only to return rapidly to making me want to throw a brick through my screen.

This is the only site that it happens on for me. I clear my cookies, cache and history regularly - two or three times a week, run scripts regularly and repair permissions.

I'm using OSX 10.6.8

ps. I won't sully my mac with IE to see if that improves matters.

I've just had a play on my windows laptop and whilst the site functions slightly quicker than the interminable slowness on my iMac it still functions slower than any other site.

There's a special box of, rolled on the naked thighs of virgins, cigars in it for you if you can save me the horror of having to phone my ISP, in one of their overseas call centres, at a wallet crunching rate per minute to ask them why the hell one site won't function properly.

Ta ever so in advance

Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #80
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
I tried two additional machines, my PC and my Laptop and three different browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and I still get the same view that doesn't include the ability to rate the photo or leave a comment. Just FYI. Thanks Linus!
Fixed, I believe. Check now!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum geek, forum help