Old 10-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #81
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

We used to do a big family dinner every year. I did all the cooking for about twenty people. When I started law school, I realized I couldn't do it anymore, and a new tradition was born. Now we stay home, in our pajamas all day. We only cook the parts of Thanksgiving dinner that we like the most, and we watch the parade and dog show and movies. It's a wonderful retreat from the rest of the world. We don't do black Friday shopping, either, so that whole weekend is quiet and peaceful.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #82
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing.
I have no family and all my local lesbian friends are hooked up and either doing nothing or having huge family things.
I was planning to spend it with my male friend the chef and his gang, but he's the one who died last week so I'm thinking that's off.
So far, 2018 has really sucked.
As an optimist, I usually see the glass as half full...and it still looks half full to me, except the fluid in it is hemlock.
If the GOP retains the House and Senate after the mid terms, I'm considering a career in becoming a bag lady with a shopping cart filled with black plastic bags that contain assorted crap. All I need is an old lady hat with a veil over the face and a buzzard on top.
Good times!
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #83
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
We don't do black Friday shopping, either, so that whole weekend is quiet and peaceful.
Oh, I forgot about Black Friday. The thought of elbowing other people in the head at 12:01 a.m. so I can rush into some big, crazy store like Walmart and step on toes so I can cram an 80" TV I don't want or need into my 45" cart, then trying to fit it into my car and end up using bungie cords to tie it to the roof, then having it bounce off the car and hit the pavement because of a pot hole...nah.
Instead I might buy my cats some turkey flavored Fancy Feast and take 100 photos of them eating so I can post them on Facebook.
<--yeah.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #84
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
Oh, I forgot about Black Friday. The thought of elbowing other people in the head at 12:01 a.m. so I can rush into some big, crazy store like Walmart and step on toes so I can cram an 80" TV I don't want or need into my 45" cart, then trying to fit it into my car and end up using bungie cords to tie it to the roof, then having it bounce off the car and hit the pavement because of a pot hole...nah.
Instead I might buy my cats some turkey flavored Fancy Feast and take 100 photos of them eating so I can post them on Facebook.
<--yeah.
No worries! A lot of the box stores are so greedy that they are open on Thanksgiving Day so you don't have to wait until 12:01 anymore.

Like everything else, I miss the old days when you got into line around 5am and that was the 'early line'. It had more camaraderie and less carnage too.

Personally, I will make something for myself...maybe an extra treat for the fur babies….and I will take that day and the next day to do work around the house and maybe take in a movie at the theatre. Nothing fancy. No extra company. Just me, myself and the two sets of eyes that follow me around everywhere.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #85
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Staying close to home. Will take the week off. Would like to get the carpets cleaned, the garage purged, and closets re-sorted. Will be lucky to get any one of those things done.

Watching parades and talking to family.

Chillin’ like a villian in my femme cave ... that’s what i’ll be up to.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #86
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Last year we were in Illinois having dinner with my daughter, her grandma, her boyfriend, and her Dad and his wife.

This year we are in Arizona with our friends.

I think this will be the 1st time in my life that no blood family will be attending.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #87
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I'm keeping my fingers cross that'll I'll be meeting with family in the Windy City followed by a week-end of frenzy consumerism!

Airline travel is arranged, reservations are made, plans have been set in motion! It's been years since I've spent Thanksgiving or Christmas for that matter with my blood family........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #88
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Staying close to home. Will take the week off. Would like to get the carpets cleaned, the garage purged, and closets re-sorted. Will be lucky to get any one of those things done.

Watching parades and talking to family.

Chillin’ like a villian in my femme cave ... that’s what i’ll be up to.

Isn't it amazing how fast those garages get mucked back up! I cleaned ours a few months back and SO far it's stayed that way, but I have a feeling it's only because I've threatened Mary's life every time I see her heading out the door with something in her hands that I'm sure she's headed to the garage with!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #89
ReadandSnapFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

ReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sigh. Nothing this year. It'll be quiet. The minis are too little to really do a full out meal for. So, meh.
ReadandSnapFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReadandSnapFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2018, 07:29 PM   #90
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanksgiving

Mom and I are cooking at my house. My cousin, her husband, and stepdaughter are coming over to enjoy the day with us.

Mom and I worked all day moving boxes out of the living room. Yay! We are exhausted.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #91
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Going to my sister's house. Mom finally gets a break from holidays, which it should have been done long ago.

There will be 18 to 20 people this year.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 06:03 AM   #92
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be working, then off to a friend's house, and then we will go out for Chinese. Not really a holiday I celebrate.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 06:26 AM   #93
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

My crazy very loud family will be arriving around noon. There will lots of food and joy. We are also exchanging Christmas gifts since I won’t be here then. So thankful for my family!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #94
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving friends.

I hope that everyone has a warm and happy day.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 08:21 AM   #95
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

happy thanksgiving!

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 09:38 AM   #96
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Today I'm installing the winch I always wanted but didn't have a good reason to purchase. Until now. I'm scheduled for double knee replacements in early Dec, and my living space is on the second floor. I'll get myself up and down the stairs, but I wasn't so sure about how to get my groceries up to the kitchen. Viola! The remote controlled winch will bring my groceries for me. Yay for Harbor Freight, the land of ridiculously cheap tools!

Thanksgiving? Oh, right. I'm so thankful for my amazing friends who are competing for the chance to help me with the few things I won't be able to manage on my own.

I'm thankful for a busy season with full employment for this freelance artist. I've saved up a small cushion of funds and I'll be able to recover comfortably for a few months without working.

I'm extraordinarily thankful that I live in a place where the absolute premier orthopedic surgeons practice, and that the hospital where they practice has an impressively low rate of post-op infection. I'm also thankful to have good health insurance through my Union, and that my excellent surgeon takes my good insurance.

Finally, I'm thankful for my resilient body. Through no virtue of my own I consistently heal well from the trauma of surgical intervention. I recognize that it's almost 100% pure luck to have the ability to bounce back from physical injury. I'm aware every day that others haven't been as lucky as I am in that, or any of the above circumstances. I thank the Goddess for it every time I think about where I am today and where I might have been had any of the above things not been true.

I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving when left to my own devices, but I do practice thankfulness for my fabulous life. Today I'm particularly thankful. I wish everyone good health and good fortune. I hope you all get to celebrate this holiday the way you love best, with the people you love best.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 PM   #97
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I don't really celebrate the typical holidays during the months of fall or winter; but I generally spend time with chosen, long-time dear friends doing some sort of project together that is either something someone hasn't had time yet to get done (home/household projects -- remodel projects) or we generally all go out for dinner as a group or we invent our own progressive potluck party:

One time it turned out that we each made a portion of the meal, but we drove to each person's home to have that specific part of the meal. Of course, we vote on whether we go out for dessert or such. It depends on the amount of people who have time to spend a holiday together.

If it's just me, I wait until the holiday is over and then choose a day of the holiday week to go do something special on my own. I actually like making my own special holiday plans for my own special 'holiday'. I like those the best. But I also enjoy spending time with long-time, dear friends. We've all known each other for years; so when we get together, it's like a reunion party of sorts.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 10:02 PM   #98
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We made a plan to go to Florida (Pensacola) with my mom, my aunt and uncle, and my brother and his husband. I kind of regret agreeing because it sounds like a hassle. My new job has been kicking my butt, and I'd probably prefer a less hectic holiday weekend.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 07:09 AM   #99
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Airline travel is arranged, reservations are made, plans have been set in motion! It's been years since I've spent Thanksgiving or Christmas for that matter with my blood family........

I'm hoping to repeat this, but only time will tell if that is possible...
Old 10-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #100
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

If it is suppose to be pretty weather, think I will try to find a camping spot

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: