Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie Introductions

Newbie Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebrave View Post
Thank you, Linus! This is great!

Tell us a little bit about yourselves!
My name is Julie and I am a stay at home mom and recent graduate in Women's Studies from GSU. I live in Atlanta, Ga. I have two babies, one 16 and one 2.
Hi julie and welcome to the planet! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrrhoy View Post
Hello, My name is Hannah. I'm in central New York. I was brought to this website because I just moved to central New York, and have been having trouble finding a niche here. I was hoping to find a niche and people to talk to here.

My hobbies including reading, cooking, art, theatre, music, and stuff like that.

Well, I hope to hear from lots of you soon.

Hannah
Hey Hannah... Welcome. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll find many folks here to talk to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmk View Post
Hi all! I'm Frankie, I'm an androgynous femme in Michigan who is exploring her femininity more which is something I have suppressed for quite awhile. I like reading, forums, writing, M/s lifestyles, music, and creativity. I'm looking for other femmes and some butches to get to know and maybe meet?

We'll see! Thanks for reading darlings.
Hey Frankie! Welcome and good luck in your explorations. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information here as well as meet a lot of nice people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven. View Post
Hi everyone. I'm from Sydney australia. Actually I'm 500 south west of there but you'd never know where I'm from if I told you Lol

You want to know more about me read my profile. It says all there is about about whats important.

Here to build friends and learn and to be part of this community. So I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings. M
Howdy Raven! Welcome to BFP and our wonderful community. Have fun!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #22
Vic1970

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
single

Vic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST ReputationVic1970 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi all,
My names Vic im from Melbourne, looking forward to making new friends.
Vic1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vic1970 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #23
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all. I've been here for awhile and some of you have met me already. I suppose I should 'formally' introduce myself. I go by GraffitBoi on several different sites - most people just call me Graff. I currently live near Minneapolis, MN but am tired of the long, cold winters and wouldn't mind moving unless something makes it worth my while to stay here. I'm single but have fallen for a wonderful and beautiful femme. :-) I am FTM but am not going to move forward any more in my transition. I was on T from 2003 until 2010 when medical issues relating to being on it made me stop. I've had top surgery and a hysto (medical reasons) and don't plan on having any more surgeries. I prefer 'he' but will tolerate 'she'. I never go by 'hy'. If you ever have any questions for me just send me a message. I'm an open book.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #24
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Big hi and hello to Julie, Hannah, Frankie, Raven M, Vic and Graff. I'm new-ish to BFP too. I want to thank the awesome BFP Welcoming Committee for giving a great start to making a cozy home here.
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
hare

How Do You Identify?:
submissive butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

hare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputationhare Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey, this is another newbie

Hello everyone! I'm yet another noob, checking out what the planet's all about.

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

*I'm definitely more masculine than feminine.
hare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hare For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post

About myself... I consider myself a butch*, but given that I'm a bit shy and submissive, some people might say I'm not. I don't know. If assertive and dominant are a part of the butch definition, then maybe I'm not butch. Maybe I'm just a masculine female. I do know that I feel like I fit in with the butch-femme crowd.

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

Welcome to the Planet, hare! There are lots of people here that are exactly like you. I'm sure as you get your feet wet here you will get to know things about yourself you never knew. That's the beauty of this site. Everyone can be themselves with no fear of being looked down upon. Enjoy your stay!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post

Oh. I'm in my early 20s.

Welcome to BFP, Hare! And don't I know what you mean... You've come to the right place, for sure.

There are heaps and I mean heaps of threads on identity discussions and musings, like this. You'll find people from all along the spectrum of queer. The bottomline seems to be, "You are who you are. Be yourself. We're all on a lifetime journey of self-discovery, so why not help and support each other along, have fun while doing it, and throw parties from time to time (or all the time for some)."

A handy point to keep in mind: Labels are not identities. Labels are what others give you, identities are what you give yourself. Big difference.

Take your time. There are lots of things to enjoy here if you know what I mean

See you around!
Mika
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
Dub

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
In a relationship

Dub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST ReputationDub Has the BEST Reputation
Smile It's been a while!

Hey there! It's been a couple of years since I registered and I guess I didn't introduce myself then so hi! My name is Wendi and I'm a photographer based in Portland, Oregon. I proudly identify as Butch and am currently working on a photo project to document in a photojournalistic style the individual and unique expressions of butch and femme. I am proud of our history and am grateful to those who have come before us to pave the way. The web page for the project can be seen here: http://astrangerinthisplace.blogspot...o-project.html

I was lead to this site via a Google search for Butch/Femme history videos. Today it's raining in the Pacific Northwest so I'm spending some time researching and gaining more inspiration for my project.

Other things that I like to do include reading, writing, spending time with my grown son and my wonderful partner and motorcycle riding.
Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dub For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Greetings to you all!

Hello. I currently reside near Madison Wisconsin and live in a shockingly beautiful wooded area. As my profile states, my vocation is the selling and buying of antiques and collectibles. I have developed a good eye these last few years and get quite the "rush" looking for the goodies.

Loving and taking good care of my animal friends is important to me on a deep and spiritual level.

Anyway, as my user name suggests, I am overall a very easy going happy female who has been quite fortunate in my life. Very little to be vexed about and enjoying all there is.

I absolutely adore women. Some may even call me a *gold star lesbian*. I wear this hat quite proudly.

Happy_Go_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Happy_Go_Lucky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #30
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Howdy Dub and welcome back! Hi to you too Happy_Go_Lucky! Welcome to the planet!

I hope you both have a great time here... there are a lot of wonderful people.

ENJOY!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Welcome Dub and HappyGoLucky!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub View Post
Hey there! It's been a couple of years since I registered and I guess I didn't introduce myself then so hi! My name is Wendi and I'm a photographer based in Portland, Oregon. I proudly identify as Butch and am currently working on a photo project to document in a photojournalistic style the individual and unique expressions of butch and femme. I am proud of our history and am grateful to those who have come before us to pave the way. The web page for the project can be seen here: http://astrangerinthisplace.blogspot...o-project.html

I was lead to this site via a Google search for Butch/Femme history videos. Today it's raining in the Pacific Northwest so I'm spending some time researching and gaining more inspiration for my project.

Other things that I like to do include reading, writing, spending time with my grown son and my wonderful partner and motorcycle riding.
Your blog is fantastic. Thank you.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #33
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Hey there Dub and Happy

Thanks for sharing the photo project, Dub. It's looking great, and good luck with it!

Happy, I hope you'll find The Planet a beautiful place to stroll around also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #34
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome newbies!

have fun!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
GetYaSome

How Do You Identify?:
Bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
They
Relationship Status:
Single

GetYaSome is on a distinguished road
Default Tennessee Tumbler

Hey all,
Just dropping a few lines to reach out to any queers in the Nashville area....
Without a place to identify with beyond the 1 lesbian bar and feeling like branching outside of the group I run around with, I thought this would be a great place to start expanding my femme/butch relationships.
So hit me up and let's go dancing...
GetYaSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetYaSome For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #36
pamcat

How Do You Identify?:
Leo girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/my friend/
Relationship Status:
coasting along, having fun

pamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1970 View Post
Hi all,
My names Vic im from Melbourne, looking forward to making new friends.
Hi Vic,

Welcome to another Aussie, this is a nice place to be, you don't have to say much, and there's no pressure - just a lot of support and friendliness from everyone. But if you do want to join in on any forum, then there is a always a lot of activity and chatting, and a good feeling of friendship.
pamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pamcat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #37
pamcat

How Do You Identify?:
Leo girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/my friend/
Relationship Status:
coasting along, having fun

pamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputation

I should say welcome to all the newbies, and what I just posted to Vic is for everyone!!
pamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamcat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaSome View Post
Hey all,
Just dropping a few lines to reach out to any queers in the Nashville area....
Without a place to identify with beyond the 1 lesbian bar and feeling like branching outside of the group I run around with, I thought this would be a great place to start expanding my femme/butch relationships.
So hit me up and let's go dancing...
Hi GetYaSome Welcome to the planet and thanks for the intro. Have a look around at the other areas of the forum. I think there's a dating/friend section and sections for various geographical groups. Dabble in the threads and the Chatroom and you're sure to find plenty of fun folks around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #39
wren

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Relationship Status:
looking but not searching

wren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputationwren Has the BEST Reputation

Hello...I have lurked about for a while....finally registered and then lurked a bit more. Today I was exploring and ended up in a chat room so... I supose I should step out of the shadows and start interacting.

Not much to say about myself...I am living down in in the SW desert area in Tucson. I teach at fantastic alternative ed private school and then in order to live... work as a night custodian at a local public school. So...not a lot of free time.

I was a member of a online women's community that recently shut down so have spent the last year or so looking for a new virtual home hence the long lurking period. But...this site feels good and I have enjoyed the discussions I have read so...

Hello. I am Wren. please let me get to know all of you.

Last edited by wren; 11-23-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: my keyboard is funky and I have to paste my 'p"s in to the text
wren is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wren For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

hi wren! i'm obviously dee.

Thanks for joining us!

:Welcome:
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: