tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I usually start with, "You wanna date me? I'll let ya." and take it from there.

Labels: humor, parody
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My situation is a bit unique and my needs different then the typical.

If someone dates me it means they have to come here and sense it's out in the country, normally requires a drive, they normally stay the night. Therefore I only date someone I've spent time with getting to know. I have met people for coffee in Greensboro and Raleigh but its hard for me to just slip out and spend a few hours for coffee.

I'm happy to plan and cook. I think its rude to go to someone's house empty handed. I don't even do this, especially when someone is entertaining me. Do a little research and surprise me. A bottle of wine, flowers, a plant, anything. I also expect you to help out with cleaning up after. If you come for the weekend help me around the farm. Yes- I put them to work! If they can't handle some work then they probably won't fit into my lifestyle anyhow.

I don't expect someone to pay. It depends on who ask whom and what we're doing. If someone takes me out to dinner I expect them to pay. I reciprocate by inviting them for a home cooked meal.

I really enjoy someone who is intelligent and creative. Someone who plans a surprise for me and helps me make the available time. It can be a trip to the lake, a hike, go fishing, kayaking, movie, dinner, almost anything. I hate always making plans and deciding.

Its not what we do so much as the energy present. I prefer someone attentive and affectionate. Good conversation without effort.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #23
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Show genuine interest in me as a person, I, in return, will do the same. If I date you, I am genuinely interested in knowing you.

I would rather sit and just have coffee & chat than go to the movies on a first date.

Be real with me. If I go out with you, I am already impressed by you so no pretense is necessary.

Understand that I am just as anxious as you are that the date go well, though I may now outwardly show it.

No expensive fancy date needed (though that is fun too). A picnic at the beach or a park is great.

Splitting the cost of the date is fine. Just because you are butch does not mean I expect you to pay but be honest ahead of time. If you do not bring it up, I will to make you more comfortable.

If you really like me, please let me know. I hate to guess. If you decide you do not want to see me again, be honest & tell me. I will do the same.

Be respectful, honor my boundaries.

Good hygiene, no bad breath please.

Please, no stories about femmes that did you wrong in the past. I will refrain from telling you stories about butches that did me wrong; in return.

In a nutshell: be the sweet, charming, open and honest butch that I know you are, even before I really know you.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #24
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

My most memorable date that I hold dearly in memories to this day,being young and as broke as we both were, new how much I loved Melissa Etheridge and instead of expensive flowers (which die) wrote on a plain piece of notebook papers the lyrics to one of her songs. (this was before you could google the lyrics, so they actually listened to the song enough to write the lyrics), we took a thermos of coffee and a blanket to my back yard and laid under the moon and stars and just talked, laughed and shared, wants, desires, dreams, goals and laughter. Even though it was many many years ago I still have that piece of notebook paper with those lyrics on it, and remember the aroma of thier cologne. IMHO the greatest gifts anyone can give another is thier time, (seems it's the one things most of us just don't have enough of). And to share themselves with another. In my many years of dating I've had great ones and not so great ones. Gotta love the "wandering eyes" type of dates lol.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #25
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love this

I love how diverse we all are....

for me personally, i am old school and i love old school treatment....please pay for my dinner, open my doors, hold my hand or let my hand rest in the crook of your arm, make sure im on the inside as we walk down a street this shows the world that you respect me and that im yours for the evening.

im not opposed to "dutch" just communicate that.

im also not opposed to planning a date...however i don't want to plan the first one..immediate turn off for me...im also not flattered when someone says i want to take you out on a date by the way i want you to also pay...again another turn off.

yes sometimes knowing who is paying for dinner and such is important.......

communication is important upfront....

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #26
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Surprises just ROCK! Pick me up from work..take me for a drive..stop the car because it's a great song in the Wal Mart parking lot if need be and ask me to dance..look at me like you've haven't seen me for a lifetime..kiss so deeply I forget to breathe...come over at 3am because it's a nasty storm and you know how much I secretly fear them..hold me to make me feel safe. You get the idea I'm sure. I'm old school as well. And I refuse to believe chivalry is dead. I still believe in knights in rusted/dented armor.lol

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #27
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation
Default With...

courtesy, generosity, chivalry, and good manners. And a little bit of innocent flirting with me wouldn't hurt anything.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #28
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Don't spend too much money. I actually pulled out of a new relationship once because the Butch I was dating (and it hadn't been going on very long at all) spent hundreds of dollars on me at V-Day. It made me incredibly uncomfortable, and while hy clearly had good intentions - it made me want to not date hym any more. I just couldn't get passed it! The combination of feeling bought and feeling weird that I didn't (actually, couldn't!) reciprocate monetarily was just way too much for me and I skedaddled.

Some of the greatest gifts I'd ever received cost less than 20 dollars. Most of them I still have and use today.

- a glasses case shaped like a handbag
- a black/gold checkered cigarette case
- a compact with a dragonfly painted on it
- a totebag with a cartoon monkey wearing a pirate outfit on it
- a little black change purse with blue stars on it
- paul frank earbuds
- Morrissey and Siouxsie duet "Interlude" on vinyl
- a brown with pink polka dots travel mug
- the b-horror-movie Carnival of Terror on VHS (this was forever ago!)
- playing cards with Elvis on them!!!!!

And most recently, my work-bestie (who I admit I have a bit of a crush on) drew me a picture for my birthday. It's a cartoon fox and captioned "Happy Birthday, Bestie! You are so foxy!" I put it on my fridge. For his birthday I made him marble magnets with Wonder Woman on them and he was super excited. We're besties like that.

Last edited by betenoire; 07-16-2011 at 10:50 AM.
betenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to betenoire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #29
steel_magnolia

How Do You Identify?:
Queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
OK with being single, but open to developments

steel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up in Texas and have very firm ideas on how I should be treated - good Southern manners go far with me! Money is immaterial, though - in fact, a fancy restaurant seems like too much unless it's a special occasion. Picnics, boat rides, gentle hikes, drives, etc are more my speed. And I don't really like the classic "dinner and a movie". I prefer a show and drinks - if we're going to watch a performance of any kind I'd want to talk about it after, and a coffee shop or quiet bar give us a chance to do that! Treat me like a lady, focus on the moment, share your thoughts with me, and actually be interested when I share with you. Everything else is optional.

My favorite date (so far!) was a nighttime walk through a city garden that had been decorated for Christmas. It was our own fairy wonderland! We talked about everything for hours, admired the lights and displays, and I was her entire focus. She was courteous and chivalrous, constantly seeing to my comfort. The only money spent was on a cup of hot cocoa when I started to get a bit chilled. Afterwards she dropped me back off at my car with a smile, a desire to see me again, and a chaste kiss with no pressure for more. Best date ever.
steel_magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to steel_magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

Gayla got 8 postcards from the area...put a note and a stamp on each one and sent them all the way across country to C. and A. in Pa...they are also doing the postcard exchange and agreed to mail them out using my PO address, which Gayla does not have...it was really really really a sweet surprise...

that's one thing that I, as the Nina-Femme, appreciated as a date...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

Let's see I am a bit simple, I like flowers but not roses please, I love carnations...... if your going to take me out on a date please be dressed nicely, dont have mounds of fast food bags all over your car, I dont like to sit in someone else's left over food. Open a door for me, turn off your cell phone, dont flirt with the waitress or anyone else while im around, big turn off.... dont talk about your ex's (it has happen before, big mistake). my dog is number one in my life, she always has been and always will be........ money wise I dont care to go to some fancy place unless its a special occasion. I am a simple person who likes small gifts to show you care.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetfemme247 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

OK, I am intentionally NOT reading other replies so I may repeat a thought or two...

I have three kids so I fully understand that the budget can get tight and I have no problems with that. Yes, I would love to be swept off my feet, taken to a wonderfully expensive meal etc etc etc. But, life does not always allow for such indulgences.

So, assuming we have a minimal or non-existent budget, let's try something a little more realistic.

* My local art museum accepts donations in lieu of charging admittance and parking is free for museum guests. Personally, I love to go here for a date, I like to see what (if any) art moves someone.

* The local botanical gardens are free and parking is free. They have a variety of gardens from the "Southern Home" garden to the rose garden to the Japanese gardens etc. Lots of pretty and unique things to see, easy to walk with swings and benches and fountains scattered throughout.

* State parks. Usually a small charge to get in but lots of places to walk, spread a blanket and relax, talk and get to know/rediscover each other. And, if you have a Frisbee or soccer ball etc, you can bring it with you.

* Cook for me!!! I am not the greatest cook ever and I love it when someone cooks for me. I am even happy to grocery shop (just provide me a list) and clean up.

* If we go out to eat, please tell me what you are thinking of ordering-I am going to use your order to determine what to get. If you order a $15 pasta dish, I am not going to order $40 in surf & turf. I know, it is weird, but I prefer to stay within the same price range. I don't care who orders first though. But treat the wait staff well! If you treat them badly, this may well be your last date with me.

* Watch a movie with me. I have hundreds of DVDs and I love to curl up with a movie. It is even better when you can make out during part or all of the film.

* Sit on the porch at night with me and talk to me. Point out the brightest stars, tell me stories about when you were little and just enjoy the evening.

* Give me a back rub, a foot rub etc. I am a very tactile person and love a massage. Even better, tell me that my hair is pretty and ask if you can brush it. I will let you brush my hair until your arm falls off-lol.

* Pay attention to me. Ask me questions, SHOW INTEREST in me, and just talk to me. The best thing you can give someone is your attention. Be in the moment. Put the cell phone down, stop texting. I hate it when someone is always texting and they are supposed to be with me. If you are with me then BE WITH ME, not your cell. (Allowances made for texts from kids etc). I want to feel like your priority, not your option.

* Treat me like your grandmother. No really! Open the door, pull out my chair (if you are comfortable doing so), don't make every other word the "four letter" variety. Present yourself cleanly, make sure your car or home is neat (cleaning does not cost anything), use your manners.

* Smell good! In addition to being very tactile, I am also scent driven. Clean is yummy. Sweat on clean is sexy. Sweat on BO-not so much.

* If you want to charm me, then make me feel like a lady. Charm will take you further than flash.

Hope this helps, even a little bit

Last edited by LaneyDoll; 07-16-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: correction of a typo
LaneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, now I am going back to read what everyone else said

Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #34
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
But treat the wait staff well! If you treat them badly, this may well be your last date with me.
Oh god, exactly!

This one time I went out on a date with a guy because he was postering for the communist party and I struck up a conversation with him about politics (true fact - I will talk to anybody, and I thought "oh neat, a communist. I should talk to him!"). Anyway, the place we went was Sneaky Dee's, which at that time was my favourite place to go (his suggestion). He was SUCH AN INCREDIBLE DOUCHEBAG to the servers, and I was mortified because it was a place that I hung out often enough that I knew most of the people who worked there would recognise me. He actually put his hand in the air and SNAPPED at one juncture and I just about crawled over the table to murder him. (Don't get me started on the hypocrisy of pretending to be a champion of the working person and then treating people who work in the service industry like shit.) I spent a solid month ignoring his phonecalls after that until he gave up.

I also hate when people constantly send their food back. I mean if there is something genuinely wrong (like, if it's cold) that's one thing - but if it's EVERY single time we go out to eat and over stupid reasons then we're going to have an issue. Plus I feel like I can't eat my food until the other person's food is back and I hate when something comes between me and my food.

I'm really weird (maybe not so weird?) about how people behave when they are with me, even friends. If you are obnoxious or have a huge sense of entitlement I'm not going to want to hang out with you. If you make a nuisance of yourself and are demanding of the employees at whatever place we happen to be at (or are unfriendly to them in any way) I will feel humiliated and not want to spend time with you any more.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #35
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

as for who pays? the asker. If I ask you out, I pay. You ask me out, you pay. Asker picks restaurant and informs when asking. good idea to have a plan B in case someone has food sensitivities.

I *have* been caught out by this before by thinking this was fairly common - it's not in London! I was butt broke and this very suave suited and booted butch solicitor (UK for Lawyer) asked me out for a light dinner on the south bank of the thames, outside table, bit of dimsum. Ok, I thought, that's nice, sure. I take £10 with me, just in case, and head off.

I arrive and it's way more expensive than I thought but that's ok, she's picked it, she asked me, I'll just go light and let her order mostly. As we are talking before the waiter comes I start to get this feeling she's more southern english butch than northern or the kind of butch in North america.... that means everything I might assume goes out the window. This also means she hasn't dated much. they don't really "date" here... that would mean she doesn't know date manners/rituals of the kind I'm used to. ergo, I'm going to have to have a glass of water and a salad with my £10 in this very expensive place.

So I don't order any wine, I turn down, politely, her offer to buy a bottle. I then order an appetiser as my meal. She orders several buckets of dim sum. Offers me some. I say no thanks, I'm not very hungry. oh go on have a few and places four on my plate. I don't touch them till close to the end of the meal.

after a rather awkward date where I realise that although I've met with her casually a couple times at events, this is a no goer. different lifestyle. she doesn't pay attention well either. talks about herself a bit too much in a very boring way and takes herself way too seriously. generalises too much.

when the bill arrives she looks at it and says "split this down the middle, shall we?" with a big happy non-observant grin.
"actually, if you don't mind, I'm just going to pay for mine. I've only got a tenner on me." which came out a bit frosty. I think she was a bit bruised by that. Her tone changed and she sounded a bit hurt.

I rushed away with a lot of relief.

serves me right for making assumptions about people and dating and I should have stated right at the beginning about my budget.

Inki did try to pay for me as often as possible, bless her, and we always have a small wrestle over the bags. I've learned to just let her carry them and say thank you. she means only to be of use and I appreciate it when she takes the awkward bags when we cycle home from shopping. She find me chairs when my feet hurt when we are out, she always gives me the seat on the train. But to assume she will do this for all femmes is a mistake, she'll promptly tell a femme to fuck off at an event if she wants a chair that inki has, simply because she's girly and inki's a butch and therefore has chair rights. She doesn't do the gender divide. she does it because it's me. not because I'm a femme. That feels special.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

My only rule is don't bore me. Quiet is fine. Simple is fine. But don't actively bore me.

i can't tell you the number of times i've been picked up and then the butch (or femme) got gas, went to an ATM to get cash, didn't know the directions to where we were going, etc. Don't waste my time. Do all that before you pick me up, for god's sake.

i went out on one date, and the butch stopped by at a business to pick out some furniture for a house she owned that she was staging. Took like an hour. i used to buy furniture for a living. It was NOT interesting. Maybe some people would have loved it. This one also talked about her ex and indicated the ex thought she was perhaps on the stalky side. No second date for her.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #37
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Opening of doors and etc are givens. Those must be done. I am an old school femme, that never changes.

At this stage of the game, I am unwilling to pay for dinner. I have paid my dues, thank you.If you cant pay for dinner, you cant afford me. I dont mean you need money but you need to be successful enough in life to hold your own. I am not taking care of, financially nor emotionally, another human being. And if you cant pay for dinner, thats a clear sign for me that one of the two of the forementioned might be a likelihood.

Be sober. I dont care if you have a drink with dinner but by god, dont be a lush. Its SO over, the excuses of why you arent too drunk. At my age, if you are drunk at dinner, you are simply just an old drunk and I wont bother with you...

Dress nice. Dont show up with stains or wrinkles or odd smells. I dont care what your excuse is. I count more than those excuses. BTW...horse smells arent odd smells...

Pay attention to me. Be present. Dont go wonder off into lala land and all your worries. Nor let me catch your eye on some other girl. Have some conversation starters and know how to listen as well as talk. And talk. the strong silent ones are so not cool anymore. If you cant talk to me, its not a good date.

Be civil..I love what the other gals said about being nice to the wait staff. was having dinner with a coworker one day and was totally appalled by her behavior toward them. I never hung out with her again. and that was just a coworker...

Know what you are getting into, before the date. I am not the girl i use to be. Dont expect me to be submissive and dainty. I am also not "down and dirty". I am ladylike and sweet, funny and flirty, but very strong and independent. I am not needy and in trouble. I am also not trouble. Dont come at me like a knight in shining armour...lol on my word pun. I am with you for dinner, not for rescue...

have clean breath

be yourself. I am out with you because something about YOU tickled my fancy. Dont put on airs or try to impress me by changing ...be true to who you are...that makes the best date!

Show up with a gift. A single red rose. A cd for us to listen to that I get to take home and keep. A little horse to add to my collection (you would know I collect palomino knick knacks)

Take photos during the date and post them on your facebook so that the world would know we went out. Show me you are happy to be with me...proud of it.

Dont assume sex. it wont happen. Not at the age I am at..the age of self preservation. I cant provide intimacy just because we like each other. I need far more than that. I think dating has lost its definition.It was originally meant as a process to find the "one". And its ok that we dont need to hang on for "one" anymore. But I do think we threw the baby out with the bath water and jumped into bed too soon too often..speaking for myself...the "we" meaning myself, past and up to the present. I have been dating and havent had sex on a date in forever. I tell people it will take at least a year. LOL> you should see their expressions. Some view it as a challenge. They fall to the wayside when they cant pace themselves. Sex happens....but not too fast...too soon...

oh...dont even kid about ordering horse meat. I will punch you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #38
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
Gayla got 8 postcards from the area...put a note and a stamp on each one and sent them all the way across country to C. and A. in Pa...they are also doing the postcard exchange and agreed to mail them out using my PO address, which Gayla does not have...it was really really really a sweet surprise...

that's one thing that I, as the Nina-Femme, appreciated as a date...

Oh this was so much fun
you will never know how happy I was
knowing that you were gonna get a surprise
I am such a geek
and
you took forever to get to the post office

so dating
I don't date
Corkey won't let me
Not sure why that is (snort)
anyway
being the odd duck that I am
while I LOVE surprising other people (those that actually love to be surprised)
I personally don't care to be surprised (ever)
I love knowing exactly what I am getting for B-day etc weeks ahead of time and joyfully waiting till I get it.
I prefer (read want/need) to be involved in the planning of my life
so back in the day (before marriage)
I liked to plan dates together
split the costs or take turns
being polite etc is a given
treating others well is a given
but then so is living within one's means
being able to be yourself and being able to relax
I really want to be comfortable, feel excepted, etc and want the other person to feel that way too.
cause ya know at some point if things work out you may end up living together
personally I don't want to live together and be all formal
home is the place you get to relax and escape from the world
if you are a beer drinking, sports watching in your boxers kind of butch well then you better let that special femme know that side of you exists. Though I would not recommend wearing just boxers on the first date
It is nice if you also clean up well and do know how to behave in public.
Be honest, be honest, be honest
no one is perfect
and we all have our querks

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #39
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is one of the areas I am a hard ass.
I am speaking first dates.
DO NOT take me to an expensive restaurant.
If you are picking me up, which is unlikely on a first date... Do not honk the horn.
Do not EVER buy me a gift - not even on the 2nd or 3rd date.
Do not bring me flowers or try to woo me on the first date.
If you do not put a napkin on your lap, we will never date again.

For a first date, at least for me. It must be casual and well meaning. If you try and impress me, I will close right up and get lost in my thoughts. If you tell me you want to be a parent/grandparent (without having kids) on the first date - I will think you want instant family.

Look at me in the eyes when you speak.
Be respectful of the wait staff.

Do not try and buy my kids or me.
Neither of us are for sale.

Just be yourself, as you would with any other friend. And I will be the same with you.
And please when we say goodnight and I kiss you (I will let you know if it's okay). Don't shove your tongue down my throat and pin up against a wall. Unless, it is only sex you want and not a second date - of which, you will get neither.

GOD - It's amazing I ever got to a second date.

And please, never ever ever buy me a gift card. I think this is one of the most impersonal gifts known to all. Unless, we are already a couple and you know I won't go and buy such and such. I adore flowers, but really prefer wild ones, with weeds mixed in the bunch. Pick me up rocks from the ground and give them to me - Rocks could actually be given on a first date. I think it's romantic and something tangible and memorable.

Next! (actually next is a common word for me, when dating).

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #40
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

lol the napkin thing reminded me of my first date with a long term partner:

I had met her at a munch and her ballsy attitude and forthrightness really impressed me - she asked me out for a meal directly after the (cake and tea) munch was over. I said sure. we went to an italian place near by because we didn't want to spend too much time looking for a place. It was soho and most places are a bit expensive and a bit up their own arse. When the meal came and we were talking, she flicked out her napkin and tucked the end in her Ben Sherman shirt very carefully and started eating. People at the restaurant openly stared at her. She continued eating and chatting (not at the same time, she's actually a very careful eater) and I was so impressed by her not giving a sh*t about the diners I knew we'd be dating again right there. She left a good tip for the wait staff and thanked them for the excellent food and good service.

She was a keeper for a good 2.5 years. but that napkin in the neck, the way she pulled that off with casual pride, impressed me to no end. To me that says "take me for who the fuck I am." and I really liked that.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: