Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 AM   #7261
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome! My idea is in the early stages but what do you think about this?

Create Your Own Creature

I'd already thought about something like this before but clay mentioned wanting to do something similar to the Mermaid Project again and this felt right.

Basically, the core of the idea is to create a brand new creature using at least 2 recognizable features of other creatures, animals, beings or entities. For example, you can take the wings of a Pegasus and the head of a lion, like a different version of a Hippogriff, or you can put human legs on a mermaid torso and the face of an antelope. The options are, literally, endless.

You would even name your creation!

Here's an article about fantasy creatures to give you an idea of what can be mixed and matched. You can also do it PFA style and randomly attach body parts that seem interesting to you and see what happens.

Here's a link to a page about mythical and fantasy creatures for inspiration. This page has tons of links to tons of creatures and critters so it's an excellent resource.

For those feeling experimental, you can use more than 2 but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. The genius of this project is that it doesn't matter what the end result looks like. Who's going to tell you that you didn't do it right if it's an imaginary creature of your own making? lol

I haven't worked out sizing, materials, et cetera, but wanted to test the water temperature with y'all.

So, what do you all think? Is it something you would be interested in trying?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #7262
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Awesome! My idea is in the early stages but what do you think about this?

Create Your Own Creature

I'd already thought about something like this before but clay mentioned wanting to do something similar to the Mermaid Project again and this felt right.

Basically, the core of the idea is to create a brand new creature using at least 2 recognizable features of other creatures, animals, beings or entities. For example, you can take the wings of a Pegasus and the head of a lion, like a different version of a Hippogriff, or you can put human legs on a mermaid torso and the face of an antelope. The options are, literally, endless.

You would even name your creation!

Here's an article about fantasy creatures to give you an idea of what can be mixed and matched. You can also do it PFA style and randomly attach body parts that seem interesting to you and see what happens.

Here's a link to a page about mythical and fantasy creatures for inspiration. This page has tons of links to tons of creatures and critters so it's an excellent resource.

For those feeling experimental, you can use more than 2 but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. The genius of this project is that it doesn't matter what the end result looks like. Who's going to tell you that you didn't do it right if it's an imaginary creature of your own making? lol

I haven't worked out sizing, materials, et cetera, but wanted to test the water temperature with y'all.

So, what do you all think? Is it something you would be interested in trying?
I would totally be down for this. I've actually been thinking of painting some mythical creatures anyways. I think it's a great and fun idea!

ETA: Just so I understand human features don't count as one of the "creatures", correct?

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 09-16-2018 at 12:27 PM.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #7263
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I would totally be down for this. I've actually been thinking of painting some mythical creatures anyways. I think it's a great and fun idea!

ETA: Just so I understand human features don't count as one of the "creatures", correct?
Humans are animals, though, so I'd think they'd count as one, but let's see what the Gemme Creature has to say.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #7264
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting idea Gemme! So, the first thing that came to mind was creating something with polymer clay. If so, making just one would be great, and we could do it like the mermaid one on that respect.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #7265
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I’d rather not do clay but wouldn’t mind receiving something that was Clay.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 04:15 PM   #7266
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'd rather not do clay either.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #7267
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post

The great and powerful nyc is correct. Humans are the least humane animals in this world but we are, indeed, animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Humans are animals, though, so I'd think they'd count as one, but let's see what the Gemme Creature has to say.
Gemme Creature. lol

rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Interesting idea Gemme! So, the first thing that came to mind was creating something with polymer clay. If so, making just one would be great, and we could do it like the mermaid one on that respect.
I have no issues with clay as long as the additional mailing cost was factored into the equation. In fact, I was going to suggest that if someone felt like making their piece more dimensional, they could.

However, I really, really like having the individual pieces in hand. I don't know if some of you know this, but I like to put some of our projects in books, shadow boxes and frames. They are so lovely when a group is put together so you can see the variety of our imaginations. That's harder to do when some are flat and some are dimensional.

Given the nature of the beast, so to speak, I'd allow for plenty of time to get enough pieces done and would impose a set limit so it wouldn't get ridiculous (although I can imagine this wouldn't appeal to all of our crafters).

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-16-2018 at 05:36 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #7268
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

That all sounds good to me. I would like to make one for everyone which I think is what you are suggesting?

How do I... ?
Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #7269
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
That all sounds good to me. I would like to make one for everyone which I think is what you are suggesting?
Yes. Exactly.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #7270
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I agree to making an individual creation for every participant as long as there's a reasonable cap. I know limiting the numbers does not appeal to some, but due to the nature of the beast, I think it's necessary here.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 09-16-2018 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #7271
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Oh, also I'd be happy to RECEIVE something made of clay. I just don't want it to be my personal medium.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 09-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #7272
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Hey, all.

clay isn't feeling well and would appreciate any support we could send hys way. Just wanted to give a head's up in case y'all were wondering where the clayster went.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #7273
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I've lit a candle and sent mad juju hys way.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #7274
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

First, please let Clay know that I am also sending good energy and and healing thoughts ...... I hate to hear that Clay isn't doing well!

Secondly, I'm interested in this particular exchange although I need more details. I was thinking it would be similar to the mermaid project and only one item would be produced. My forming idea is one which would involve a sewing machine and stuffing which would require it to be sent directly to the person receiving it due to shipping costs. Again, these are my thoughts and not expectations.

Deb

Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #7275
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not up for doing a one for everyone thing, but the way it was done last time - one piece for one person and then photocopies to everyone else, that would be doable.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #7276
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Nope. Not a one off like the Mermaid Project. I was taking inspiration from the whole fantasy creature idea and the actual focus of the project. That's the similarity I was drawing from. I understand the desire to make only one but that's not where I'm at with this project.

If everyone is fine with me at the helm this time, I'll finalize the details and get a sign up list ready in the next day or two. If so, and I limit the sign up to no more than 7, what is the time frame everyone would be most comfortable with?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #7277
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Nope. Not a one off like the Mermaid Project. I was taking inspiration from the whole fantasy creature idea and the actual focus of the project. That's the similarity I was drawing from. I understand the desire to make only one but that's not where I'm at with this project.

If everyone is fine with me at the helm this time, I'll finalize the details and get a sign up list ready in the next day or two. If so, and I limit the sign up to no more than 7, what is the time frame everyone would be most comfortable with?
No, I'm liking the make one for everyone asoect good. If the cap is 7 I think we should have at least two months to finish.

Ok with you at the helm!!!

My Patreon

My Website
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #7278
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I'm down with 2 months.

Also, thanks for letting us know about Clay. Sending mad penpal love to Clay! Not the same without Clay!

How do I... ?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #7279
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme? I am not sure if I can participate in the next crafter's round project, but I have a couple things I wanted to inquire about:

1) If this round is limited to 7 participants, and the project consists of making an creature project for each participant, then what size parameter will each entry be?

2) Is it okay to submit an drawing or is the medium limited to using paints or watercolors or color pencils or ?????

After the last project this summer, I thought I would not be able to participate in another crafting round. I might be able to do it, but will wait to see your final parameters for this particular craft round.

As I understand, so far, this round is about making 3-dimensional fantasy creatures. And, in order to create something with dimensional qualities, we can use mixed media to achieve this effect, correct?

I will wait to see your final list of criteria before I can decide if I can participate, ok?

I'm good with you heading up the next round as wrangler. Like CCB, I'm not down with creating an project that is top heavy by utilizing clay (for example: I am okay with an tiny use of clay vs clay being the predominate medium).

Good Morning to everyone...

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #7280
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Of course Gemme will pop in to clarify for sure, but I think that they don't have to be 3-dimensional but can have elements of 3 dimensional IF the participant is willing to add extra shipping should that increase the shipping charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Gemme? I am not sure if I can participate in the next crafter's round project, but I have a couple things I wanted to inquire about:

1) If this round is limited to 7 participants, and the project consists of making an creature project for each participant, then what size parameter will each entry be?

2) Is it okay to submit an drawing or is the medium limited to using paints or watercolors or color pencils or ?????

After the last project this summer, I thought I would not be able to participate in another crafting round. I might be able to do it, but will wait to see your final parameters for this particular craft round.

As I understand, so far, this round is about making 3-dimensional fantasy creatures. And, in order to create something with dimensional qualities, we can use mixed media to achieve this effect, correct?

I will wait to see your final list of criteria before I can decide if I can participate, ok?

I'm good with you heading up the next round as wrangler. Like CCB, I'm not down with creating an project that is top heavy by utilizing clay (for example: I am okay with an tiny use of clay vs clay being the predominate medium).

Good Morning to everyone...

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types