Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #61
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Diva, the Vestal Virgins has a long and storied history in ancient Rome

They were the Heart and Soul of the city as they tended to the fire of Vesta which was the hearth that was never allowed to die out.....well when Rome was finally sacked the first things the Visigoths did was to cermonially put out the fires of Rome both physically and esoterically starting with the Vestal Virgins....intriguing history

sorry for the derail...
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #62
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There are so many artists and works I appreciate and love, throughout the centuries.

Van Gough's Starry Night is a favorite.

And I have to say da Vinci's Mona Lisa has always drawn me in.

I have to ad that one of the best things to me at the Butch Voices Conference were the works displayed by queer artists.One woman did some charcoal drawings of a post menopausal, Native American butch that struck me to my soul. Maybe someone will remember her name?

Elizabeth Hoague Cleaveland is a local favorite of mine.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #63
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

This is such an enjoyable thread. Thanks everyone.

I love Frida Kahlo

My favorite by her is A Broke Column. I'm not going to post a picture because it's a little disturbing.

Another is Dali's The Anthropomorphic Chest of Drawers:

Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #64
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default oops- I meant "the" not "a" above

I also really love the artwork of Aimee Garcia Marrero:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #65
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

I also like fantasy art. This is Egyptian Queen by Frank Frazetta who has been around for years as a comic illustrator and painter.

This is Glenkeeper by Alex Horley

Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #66
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Stephen Gjerston - a realist

many many unknowns...

I love Stephen's ability to capture a model so well that you believe you are looking at a photograph.

http://www.classicalrealism.com/art/...id_Bouquet.htm

http://www.classicalrealism.com/art/...s/Metanoia.htm

http://www.classicalrealism.com/art/...mages/Pals.htm

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #67
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Diva - I totally agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I love this thread cuz it's like our own private Planet Arte Gallerie............... <smile>

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #68
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Georgia O'keefe - Her watercolors are spectacular.

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #69
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have many...

Henri Matisse

Pablo Picasso

Edward Hopper

Georgia O'Keeffe (especially her NY years!)

Alfred Steiglitz

And for more current artists, I have many friends who are painters or photographers. I'm fortunate in that respect. I too am a painter. I studied art in school and visual art and artists are a great passion of mine.

Cool thread!!!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #70
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a dash of tomboy.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Liquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST Reputation

I love the colors that were used by Maxfield Parrish!

Liquefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #71
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

I was in Fort Worth several years ago and saw an amazing exhibit by hyperrealist sculptor Ron Mueck.
The pieces were so life-like that you expected them to open their eyes or move at any second.

Here's a cool youtube collage that someone made of his art:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwIkJiauV3U"]YouTube- Ron Mueck[/ame]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #72
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

Slow Painting; A Deliberate Renaissance
Oglethorpe University Museum of Art

The artists in this exhibit are amazing. The writing/ manifesto was inspiring. The artists names are listed, go to their sites. Although sadly there were only a few women showing. The websites are a great lesson.

I am in love with Paul S. Brown's paintings of skin. I feel like I could touch and sink into the subjects. Painting skin is a big thing for me right now, that and hands. Check out White.
Happy Valentines Day

http://www.paulbrownpaintings.com/

Last edited by Galahad; 02-14-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #73
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Slow Painting; A Deliberate Renaissance
Oglethorpe University Museum of Art

The artists in this exhibit are amazing. The writing/ manifesto was inspiring. The artists names are listed, go to their sites. Although sadly there were only a few women showing. The websites are a great lesson.

I am in love with Paul S. Brown's paintings of skin. I feel like I could touch and sink into the subjects. Painting skin is a big thing for me right now, that and hands. Check out White.
Happy Valentines Day

http://www.paulbrownpaintings.com/

Dear God! He is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #74
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I was just introduced to Tom of Finland. I am thinking he is one of my new favorites!!

weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #75
Beau
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:

Beau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST Reputation
Post Amedeo Modigliani

Another favorite (again thanks to MQoQ) is Modigliani.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRN_9pnBYk"]YouTube- Modigliani: L'Ultimo Romantico[/ame]

Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beau For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #76
roy g biv

How Do You Identify?:
he she
Preferred Pronoun?:
he she
Relationship Status:
me

roy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputation

Henri Matisse

not so much his plain simple ones, but the colorful ones with multiple patterns are SOOOOOOOOOOO appealing.

If you love Henri Matisse, go to Baltimore Art Museum to see what I believe is the largest collection in this country.
roy g biv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roy g biv For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #77
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.tqnyc.org/2006/NYC063370/...d_hopper04.jpg

I would love to be on this sailboat!

Hopper is one of my faves!

Elegance is in simplicity.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #78
daisyfm

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
not looking. not interested. friends only.

daisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputationdaisyfm Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a thread thanks T! I am not an artist but I will share my faves.

Jackson Pollock I really connect with his work and with his intense sadness.

Tamara Lempicka, an amazing woman artist, wayyyyy ahead of her time and place, way underappreciated as most women artists were/are. I really love her women and the little-hint- of-Butch in her work.
daisyfm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisyfm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #79
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fantasy

I am a big fan of Michael Parkes. His work involves fantasy, with vibrant colors and strong women. I love the "look" of his work. Since I'm not an art historian or critic I don't know the terms to describe his work. What I like is the smooth hardness of his work. He also does sculpture.

http://www.art.com/gallery/id--a7648...es-posters.htm

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #80
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyfm View Post

Tamara Lempicka, an amazing woman artist, wayyyyy ahead of her time and place, way underappreciated as most women artists were/are. I really love her women and the little-hint- of-Butch in her work.
Tamara de Lempicka is one of my favorites! I'm a huge Art Deco fan.

http://images.google.com/images?q=ta...ed=0CCEQsAQwAA

A lot of her work is on display at various and sundry galleries in Provincetown, MA.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post: