Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Democratic Debate 2015

The 1st Democratic Debate between Candidates will be on CNN OCT. 13th
Linkyloo

Anyone besides me going to watch the debate?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Me, me, me!

Can't wait to see a debate on topics rather than about someone's hair and ego.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I'll watch but I doubt I'll change my opinion on Hillary! Just never been a fan of her's or trusted her! To me she's another typical politician who just happens to be a female!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Me, me, me!

Can't wait to see a debate on topics rather than about someone's hair and ego.
YES or on their past business accomplishments either! When Chris Christie put Donald and Carly in their place I loved it! It's true, most Americans are just worried whether they'll have a job they can hang on to!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #5
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

If you read the CNN website link I gave, it gives information about what topics may be hot topics asked, and other information. LINKYLOO HERE

OH and it airs on CNN at 8pm CST Oct. 13th.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #6
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I will be looking forward to a real Debate!

Does anyone think Biden will declare this weekend so he can be there?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #7
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I think Biden is fed up with his own party and that's why he's resigned, he's tired or arguing and fighting with them to get stuff done. I'm not so sure he'll run for Republican Presidential Candidate. We'll see though won't we.

I do love it though that no one seems to want to step up and take over Biden's place in Congress Leadership Majority. I find it interesting the only guy that thought about it actually backed down from it. I can't remember his name though.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
I think Biden is fed up with his own party and that's why he's resigned, he's tired or arguing and fighting with them to get stuff done. I'm not so sure he'll run for Republican Presidential Candidate. We'll see though won't we.

I do love it though that no one seems to want to step up and take over Biden's place in Congress Leadership Majority. I find it interesting the only guy that thought about it actually backed down from it. I can't remember his name though.
Are you referring to Speaker Boehner or Joe Biden, the VP?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #9
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I meant Speaker Boehner in that reference I made. My mind's working on overload, sorry folks.

As far as Joe Biden running. I don't know that he will or won't. I just don't know if he wants to tangle with Hillary's campaign or even Bernie Sanders as the front runner. We'll see won't we.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #10
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

1st Democratic Debate is tonight 8pm CST on CNN.......

I'm watching , anyone else?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I'm not watching it live but I've tapped it and will scan the highlights later on!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #12
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's on right now!

The candidates are introducing themselves, and I am hoping for a great debate.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #13
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Wow, I was impressed with this debate!

Instead of people calling each other names, there was substance!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #14
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

The debate was excellent: it was the very antithesis of the Republican debates, and everything that O'Malley had to say about it in his closing statement was spot-on. Clinton, Sanders, and O'Malley all did very well, though I get the suspicion that Webb and Chafee won't be on stage next debate.

I'm a Sanders supporter for the primary, though I'll happily vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination come next November. I'm not upset that Sanders refused to press the advantage on Clinton's e-mails: it showed integrity and kept the debate one of substance rather than scandal, and that was a better decision than trying to make a desperate short-term grab for poll numbers that would have been against the very point of his campaign. I do wish he'd been a little more succinct on some things, though. Like when he was asked about when he'd use force, he could have been much more on the ball about pointing to his record and saying that he votes for it when America or our allies are actively under attack, while rejecting discretionary and pre-emptive wars. He also could stand to do a better job of articulating why he's electable in the general election (because he is), but there will be future opportunities for that.

I will say, though. The person who kicked ass the hardest at this debate was far and away Cooper. None of those candidates are going to be able to sit down for like a week.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 10:00 PM   #15
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

There were some interesting exchanges but I felt Webb was completely irritating and Chaffee was blah.

My honey suggested Webb looked like he was constipated. I had to pause the tv while I laughed.

Bernie should not refer to himself in the third person but he has an awesome, consistent message.

Hillary can debate and has deep knowledge but she has changed her mind on many issues Bernie has held strong on. She and I also disagree with other issues. I don't feel she is as in touch with her middle class upbringing as she would like us to believe. Her platform leans far to the white upper class.

My .02

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #16
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I actually thought the 1st debate went pretty well. I'm glad there was no name calling, bashing or anything to do with email scandal. This debate seemed lively and interesting that at least 3 candidates, Sanders,Hillary, and O'Malley, were complimenting each other but also disagreeing on things in an ADULT manner.
I agree that Sanders could have spoken more to the issues he was asked on, and I'm hoping he will be more articulate next debate. Hillary knows how to debate, she's a lawyer, and very articulate. I just don't agree with Hillary on the issue of a no fly zone, and as O'malley stated, it puts the US in a situation that an incident could bring us into the war AGAIN over there. I don't want troops in the air or on the ground. I don't want our troops fighting a war that isn't OURS to fight. BUT, if things get so bad over there that Israel is needing our help and asked us to step in because they were being targeted, that's something different, they are OUR STRONGEST ALLY and always will be.
I didn't like it that Bernie didn't take a stand on the issue of When he would take us to war. I hope he will make his stand known at some point. I am a Bernie Supporter but If Hillary wins the Primary, I"m a democrat no matter what and I'll vote for her. She's my 2nd choice.

As far as Chaffee and Webb, I wasn't interested after they answered the first few questions which bored me with their answers and Chaffee was just uhm, out of it totally. I don't think either of them will be in the next debate either. I'd be surprised if they were.

So, what does anyone else think of the debate
Old 10-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #17
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I didn't like it that Bernie didn't take a stand on the issue of When he would take us to war. I hope he will make his stand known at some point.
He did, just not very clearly, and after going on about stuff that wasn't the question. He voted for the Afghan war, that I recall, while voting against the Iraq war. So going by his record, his general policy seems to be that military force is to be used only when we or our allies are under direct attack. No discretionary wars, especially if they're going to drag us into an endless quagmire like Syria would (along with potentially starting WWIII, and all that).
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #18
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
He did, just not very clearly, and after going on about stuff that wasn't the question. He voted for the Afghan war, that I recall, while voting against the Iraq war. So going by his record, his general policy seems to be that military force is to be used only when we or our allies are under direct attack. No discretionary wars, especially if they're going to drag us into an endless quagmire like Syria would (along with potentially starting WWIII, and all that).
Thank you, I think I missed that in his statement. I'm not always able to catch everything someone says when they go on and on about something. My mind won't let me since I have ptsd, it just keeps me from focusing enough to catch it all. I appreciate your post. Now I know where he stands.

PS According to a LIVE CNN POLL ON FACEBOOK, Bernie Sanders Wins the 1st Debate with over 80% Here's the LINKYLOO
Old 10-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #19
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Does anyone know when the 2nd democratic debate will be and what time and channel yet? I've looked but keep getting too many wrong sites showing up. I could use a little help finding it. ugh
Old 10-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #20
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Does anyone know when the 2nd democratic debate will be and what time and channel yet? I've looked but keep getting too many wrong sites showing up. I could use a little help finding it. ugh
From Wikipedia:

Nov. 14, 2015 Drake University Des Moines, IA CBS News/KCCI/
The Des Moines Register

Dec. 19, 2015 Manchester, NH ABC News/WMUR-TV

Jan. 17, 2016 Charleston, SC NBC News/Congressional
Black Caucus Institute

Feb./Mar. 2016 Miami, FL Univision/The Washington Post

Feb./Mar. 2016 Milwaukee, WI PBS

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: