Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #21
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
I am actually deeply disappointed and more than just a little concerned.

<snip>

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” (Sinclair Lewis)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I generally like Obama. But I am so sick of him caving to the Repubs. As I said in another thread, he is a caveman. Cave cave cave cave cave.

If he wins in 2012, which I hope he does, I hope his people convince him to stop being a middle of the road Republican and start acting like the Lefty Dem I thought I was voting for.
No kidding. This is exactly how I feel.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
I don't care what color in the crayola box the President is I don't trust politicians. Obama has several people in his admin that have corporate ties. Yes he has done some good things but with all the corporate people in his admin I still only see him as a puppet. Anyone that allows the former lawyer of Monsanto to be an advisor of the FDA scares me.
Thank you. You know few people really care or understand the danger in allow Monsanto to get away with the crap they are. I don't feel anyone with corporate ties like that should be in politics. I'm not sure how to avoid it but it always leads to corruption.

I don't think Obama will make it back in. I shutter to think who is next.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #23
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Since we're not turning this all around by 2012, I prefer we continue to force the elite to make concessions to the masses and keep in the fork-tongued devil we know, who I believe, truly has at least some of our interests at heart, rather than voting in someone who promises a return to traditional values like what happened in Iran, Cuba, Russia, France, Germany, who bought that lie, and what they got was more totalitarism, more extremism, more elitist influences than they had before. Warning:History repeats..
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #24
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

My gut reaction is I agree. Then I think, Maybe if it got bad enough, there's be more protest from the left. I am happy to see the recent grass roots organizing, which I thought we were doomed to see only from the tea party. I don't know what it's like for people who live in other parts of the country, but jobs are very hard to come by here, especially for people who need enough money to support a family. Who's to say that radical organizing can only come from progressives.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #25
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

The timing concerns me. The OWS movement, which is protesting policies that started under the Republicans, will put forward a "revolutionary" candidate, split the party, and we'll end up with another Republican president.

Obama did not run as a radical. He has always been a firm centrist. The left projected all kinds of stuff onto him that he never embodied. I'm not an apologist for Obama - I've been disappointed too. But I'm also not inclined to romanticize politics -- it's a pragmatic business at best.

Heart
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post: