Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #61
steel_magnolia

How Do You Identify?:
Queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
OK with being single, but open to developments

steel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputationsteel_magnolia Has the BEST Reputation
Default My response to ALL of the questions posted above...

First, I am brand new to the site. I am so glad to have found this thread! I just read through the entire thing, and thought I would post all my thoughts on different aspects that came up at once. I apologize in advance for the length (and the possible TMI!).

1) What does "stone femme" mean in general?

I think we really need to deconstruct this term. For me, "stone" refers to a type of sexual expression - sex with very clear boundaries around touch. "Butch" and "femme" add more clarity to the stone part - do my boundaries revolve around what is done to me or what I do to others? However, "butch" and "femme" also refer to someone's particular flavor of gender presentation, and perhaps even the flavor of gender presentation they are attracted to.

And there's the disconnect, the ambiguity of the term. "Stone" is well understood. It's the loaded "butch" or "femme" used to modify it that's a problem, because those words have so many layered meanings. Maybe we should come up with another way to modify the word "stone" to refer solely to boundaries, and let "butch" and "femme" refer strictly to gender ID? That might make things easier for stone femmes who don't want to be penetrated. And would also create a safe place for butches who are cool with receiving penetration but not necessarily penetrating their partner (with all this variety I'm sure there are some of those too.) Something to think about...

2) What does "stone femme" mean to me?

Sexually I'm stone femme because I'm strictly a "catcher" when it comes to sex. I have a high sex drive and I am VERY responsive, but actively going beyond cuddling and petting is just not me. Mouth-to-mouth kissing is often a struggle, much less any sort of penetration on my partner. I tried for years to force myself to "reciprocate" and felt awful afterwards, like I had allowed myself to be violated. This led to all kinds of feelings of guilt, inadequacy, judgment from my partners, worries over being frigid, a reluctance to get involved in any relationship at all...

It was only when someone pointed out that I was a stone femme - and reassured me that being a stone femme was totally ok - that I was able to actually accept and enjoy my sexuality. Now I revel in the idea that my responsiveness works for my partner, that I can care for them in ways that compliment without mimicking the ways they care for me. It frees me to explore my sexuality, cuddle/pet/massage my partner, and do all the sharing I love to do in relationships without fear, guilt, or doubt.

My also being a femme gender-wise just makes the term all-around more comfortable for me.

2) Are you stone femme because you date stone butches, or is it something innate? Does it change according to your partner?

My being stone femme has absolutely nothing to do with my partners and everything to do with me. I have my boundaries regardless of who I'm with. However, I exclusively go for masculine gender presentations regardless of the physical plumbing - butches, stone butches, trans, even a few bioguys. Since I'm stone relationships tend to work better if my partner of whatever ID is stone too, and stone butches and transmen seem to be the majority of the "masculine" and "stone" crowd.

3) Is the dating pool limited because I ID as a stone femme?

Oh, yes. I prefer to save the emotional energy of a relationship for those who can work with my methods of sexual expression - and everyone else seems to do the same. However, when I do date someone who is cool with my being stone there is this mutually created non-judgmental space that is incredibly comfortable and freeing. Even if it doesn't work out romantically I've never not gained a friendship out of it.

And that is PLENTY of babble on the topic. Thanks for posting something so interesting!

Last edited by steel_magnolia; 07-13-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Typo
steel_magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to steel_magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #62
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
I love this description. Thank you, again, for being so patient and thorough with your answers (I will not run away with the innuendo that could so easily be put into that sentence). I am no stranger to the terms we are using, I'm just playing stupid, in a sense, so that I may understand how we are all using them in relation to ourselves.

You're quite right, everyone's interpretation of the words is different, so how can I share what it means to me in the context of conversation? For now I'm just going to keep asking questions so I can be sure of exactly what the poster is intending to convey.

Also, I'm a fan of the "pleasure balls" analogy.
Well, when I want to share what something means to me, I start by typing it out. After some editing and font adjusting, I submit it.

*grin*

It is hard to let go of our inner critc, isn't it? Just know that your audience is rooting for you, not against you, and most if not all know at least some of what you are going through and have gone through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Actually, every person should respect every other person's sexual/emotional boundaries. Everyone has boundaries. Those boundaries can change depending on who is in the bed or not change.

For many/most? Stone Butch is about no vaginal penetration (and perhaps no anal penetration) and breasts are not breasts, but are a chest. I think it's a mixed bag concerning blow jobs and the 'little cock' (the clit), but it is in the mind set that it's a blow job not sucking a clit. I have never known a Stone Butch (or Stone Femme Top) who turned down a blow job on the 'big cock'.

Stone Femmes (who are bottoms) generally balk at wearing a cock or vaginally penetrating any Butch with their fingers. Anal is a mixed bag. It's a mixed bag about blow jobs on the little cock, but definitely a go for the big cock. Touching nipples on the chest is also a mixed bag, but I have never met a stone femme who would cup a breast in their hand to suck the nipple. It's a different kind of touch for nipples on a chest.

I am completely Stone big cock identified in kink space. In non-kink space, my sexual boundaries are entirely dependent on the femme in my (her) bed and the energy between us.

-----------------
'dash' is a reference to another butch/femme website that many many many of us frequented before this big ass planet was created....there is a dash (-) in the name.
Thank you for bringing up chest versus breast/s. That is a very important line drawn in probably nearly all Stone relationships, I would say.

I've read the paragraph regarding Stone Femmes a couple of times and it just doesn't sit right with me. I know what you're saying, so it must be my own scope reading it askew.

Just to throw it out there, and possibly to confuse others more, Stone Femmes are usually but not always bottoms. As Cheryl has said earlier, there's a lot of confusion between stonefemme and Stone Femmes and those of us who are, in the initial design of things, stonefemmes but like the look of Stone Femme better add to the confusion. That would be me. I'm not Stone in that I don't like and/or want penetration or certain touch. I partner with those who do identify with those boundaries. Seeing stonefemme in lower case and squished together makes the grammar snob in me all and that just can't happen, so I capitalize it and spread it out.

Softness has had a wonderful metamorphosis since I've first known her and I love where she is now. I would have also said that she was a Stone Femme or Stone Femme Top, but it certainly does help to add Top or Domme or both, if it feels appropriate.

In the end, it doesn't matter what label others put on you. I think the forced labelization of this world is what has made a lot of folks reject labels as a whole. They see restrictions in themselves and their loved ones. I, being anal retentive 'n chit, see order and a classification system that tells what group this person is in and this one. Order makes me happy, so maybe I should go with the label of Queer Stone Anal Femme Girl. Imagine the dialogue THAT would create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I have come to realize I am the femme version of a stone butch. I dont think there is a label for this. lol.

I have no desire for my partner to give to me unless I dictate how and when. And I have my own boundaries, just like a stone butch would. I am by no means frigid. I am hot as hell in bed and my submissive can tell you that. I use to call myself an aggressive femme but that was when i was trying to mold myself into the role of submissive femme. It SO didnt work for me. Now that I am into FemDom and pack and take the Dominant role, I think and act more like a Stone Butch, but am absolutely Femme...
If you want to call yourself a FemDomme or Stone Femme Top or a pretty, pretty Tulip with thorns, that's your right, and those who care about you and respect you will do their best to remember that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #63
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I hesitate to do this because I think the backlash is going to be horrendous, but:

Stone Femme is your label for her, not her own. It's dangerous to classify others based on our personal interpretations of what a label means.
This is true.

This just goes to show what a difference adding "I think you might be" or "From my experience, you are" onto a sentence can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
Thank you Sweet_Amor_Taino.

Ok, I have a generalized question: Do you think the dating pool is limited because you ID as a Stone Femme (in whatever capacity that means to you)?
I do, but that's not necessarily a bad thing sometimes. It means there's less to wade through. If I were single, I could pop my preferences into an online filter and click and then have a handful of folks to look at and think about rather than pages and pages of potential partners. It's less time consuming!

Another thing to keep in mind is that it only takes one (unless you are poly!), so it doesn't matter how big the pool or pond or puddle is if that person is in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I was away a few days so I couldnt respond. I am back.

I dont think the label Stone Femme applies to me. I am not a traditionalist anylonger.

And Toughy, even if I wasnt a FemDom, I would be someone who packs. And yes, likes penetration as well but when i say. I prefer my partner to be quite submissive. But engaged.

My dating pool is quite large. I date who I am attracted to. I dont have preconceived barriers anymore. I never thought I would fucka a femme but yes, I would. However, the pool of people who would date me becme much smaller when mine became much larger. Not too many butches want a packing femme. Some people back away from me as a friend, let alone as a date or lover, because I am interested in and involved with MtFs. Shrug. Its ok. I barely have enough time for who I am involved with, let alone worry who wont be involved with me anylonger.

Good for you! I will say, however, that not all Stone Femmes (or stonefemmes) are traditional. Some of us are OFOS, but some of us are rather modern and have shaped our identities to fit our preferences and not the other way around.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #64
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love this thread!

Not only am I learning about the diversity amongst our femme community but am learning more about myself and my own needs/desires and core self!

Hugs to all if you

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #65
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Hate spell-check on my phone! To all of you not "if you"!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #66
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme, I have the biggest crush on your brain right now. I'm in awe of your ability to soothe ruffled feathers, find commonality with everyone, and eloquently state your points in a manner that is respectful to everyone involved.

I wanna be Gemme when I grow up!!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #67
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme I think if you look in a different post I talked about StoneFemme's who are Tops.........forgive me for forgetting my appropriate upper and lower case designations......laughin...

I think we are in agreement. stone femme bottom, Stone Femme Top. I'm very familiar with the Top version....yummy when that itch needs scratched... I find the bottom version to be really yummy also.

(if I am making no sense or have misread you...........I just got in from camping for a week at Big Sur. I am still hearing the Big Sur river and the ocean waves.....)
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #68
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,604 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

chuckling...ok so i am a Stone Femme Top. And I do very well in scratching itches..just sayin'.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #69
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,604 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

ooooooooooo totally unrelated but nah...related....I have a pair of assless pink chaps now!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #70
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Gemme, I have the biggest crush on your brain right now. I'm in awe of your ability to soothe ruffled feathers, find commonality with everyone, and eloquently state your points in a manner that is respectful to everyone involved.

I wanna be Gemme when I grow up!!
Awww, thank you! This is very sweet of you to say!

But forget about the being Gemme when you grow up....the world wouldn't be able to handle two of us in existence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Gemme I think if you look in a different post I talked about StoneFemme's who are Tops.........forgive me for forgetting my appropriate upper and lower case designations......laughin...

I think we are in agreement. stone femme bottom, Stone Femme Top. I'm very familiar with the Top version....yummy when that itch needs scratched... I find the bottom version to be really yummy also.

(if I am making no sense or have misread you...........I just got in from camping for a week at Big Sur. I am still hearing the Big Sur river and the ocean waves.....)
No worries, Toughy. I *knew* what you were saying but I *read* it differently. So, yes, I agree that we're basically saying the same thing. I just had a clarification itch that needed to be scratched.

*grin*

Congrats on your trip! I would love to get away from things for a week.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #71
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, complete. I felt so much freedom and relief and joy the day I was able to stop thinking of myself as a "bad lesbian" and start knowing myself as a stone femme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlyfemme View Post
I'm a stone femme and am very proud of it. I never realized that I was a Stone Femme untill I was in a relationship with a Stone Butch. When I found out what a Stone Butch was and what a Stone Femme was, I suddenly felt comlete. It seems to be hard to find a single Stone Butch, but I keep hoping that one will come along
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #72
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

This has been a very interesting thread and i've enjoyed reading it greatly.

I used to identify as a stone femme when i first came onto the scene, but after learning more about myself and those that i am attracted to, honestly i would have to say i am more of a "fluid" femme. I have dated both Stone and not and never felt that i was missing something if that makes sense? when i am in love with someone and with them, it all seems to fall into place, i want them to feel good and feel confident in our relationship and in their body, if my partner is comfortable with me touching their nipples or going down on them then ok, however if they are not comfortable with it and prefer that i touch them anywhere else but in certain places, then i am fine with that too, its all about what works for us in our dynamic. I find that it is hard to explain really but I try lol.. all in all I am just me and find that there are several little niches i can find at least something that relates to me
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #73
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i have had all kinds of sexual relationships with women. i am currently a bottom/sub and am sexually available to my Dominants. My limits are few.

However, one of the other kinds of sexual relationships i have had frequently over the years is as a stone sexual Top. i like to fuck girls. If i meet someone and they are not a Top and we have sexual chemistry that we want to act on, i fuck them. They do not fuck me. These are usually femmes. i am not attracted very often to butch bottoms. Or if i am, they are switches and not bottoming to me.

i like fucking girls A LOT. Every once in a while one will BEG to fuck me, and i will do it. It's fine. It's not like i am squicked. It can even be fun. But it's not what i am in it for with them.

i like these relationships a lot. They feed me. i have in a number of cases never even gotten naked in this kind of relationship. i really like these girls. i like the dynamic.

i am clearly NOT a stone femme Top, but i do have those boundaries in certain kinds of connections. They feel right. And the girls like it.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #74
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
meaning to read every post before I commented - but, being the ol' crotechy bitch that I am, I didn't have the patience nor motivation - I am so jaded, I believe I've heard it all before.

Let me back up a bit...for years, I was a Lesbian - I didn't know any better, so that's what I always called myself. I was involved in sexually 'reciprocal' relationships. And by 'reciprocal' I mean - you do me, I do you. Well, that never sat well with me, and I'll tell you why. I was a lousy 'lesbian' - according to what the 'ideal' sort of 'lesbian' was supposed to be - reciprocal 'everything'. Well, I just couldn't go there. I was accused of being 'straight' because I - too put it bluntly - didn't enjoy/like going down on a woman - nor a man, for that mattter (I was 'straight' for the first 20 years of my life). I just did not like it, could not stomach it, didn't want to, etc. - I think you get the picture.

To me, being 'stone' is not touching/feeling up a butch - not that I would want to - I don't. Never mind, 'going down'! That to me - and I am only speaking for myself - is unspeakable! It is nothing I would ever want to do. So, anyone I partner with, would have to be stone in that way.

Ok, enough said about my preferences & personal interpretation of 'stone femme'...carry on.

When I think of a stone femme, I think of the individual you are portraying here. The assured confident woman that knows for sure and certain that she does not want to have any part with feminizing her stone butch partner. Ok allow me to kind of explain where my mind is going with this... As I mentioned in the stone butch thread, I had partners months and years later in our relationship ask for the unaskable... To me, and speaking strictly for myself, it makes me a bit uneasy and standoffish to hear a femme say that she is "open to anything." It kind of feels like there is room for options, but for me I am certain that there is absolutely, positively no options. I guess it's that trust thing and my past experiences that have me feeling like this. I just want to know that the femme I partner with is 100% certain. There is someone for everyone and just because I am strict with how I expect things to be does not mean that there are not different levels to the stone butch continuum. I am just saying that I am all the way to the far right on that continuum... like... back against the wall, no more space for further options, far right. I hope this does not offend anyone and how they perceive themselves to be... This is my own personal feeling about the stone butch that I am. And thank you for this thread and all your words on the topic... I am thoroughly enjoying it!!
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #75
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,985 Times in 9,937 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Dragonista in Me: A Queering of my identity in terms of what Stone, Alpha, and Femme mean to me.

I made a post about 2 years ago on another forum board, subjectively, about my idea of who I think I am. At the time, I only owned a part of my identity: Being Stone and Femme (two separate identities, the way I see it for me). It’s only been lately that I have been willing to publicly own my Alpha side. I am a Stone Alpha Femme: Three complete identities on their own yet meld oh so beautifully inside the crucible of me.

I have edited my previous post for clarity so that I can marry another aspect of my identity, my Alpha side. My offering is a revision of ‘my thesis;’ a description of my own personal evolution.

I begin my revision by invoking what Alpha looks like on me (it’s my favorite dress but I only let my Alpha side out on special occasion) through filters of two separate lenses: Stone and Femme, both of which are tempered and seasoned by the Alpha in me.

I first came into my Queer Femme identity fairly late in life. In the beginning, back when I first knew that I was not of a heterosexual orientation, the only term I knew about that seemed to describe me was "Lesbian." That term didn't really work much for me over the years because as I grew in my identity, I knew that something was not entirely right for me. I am the female of the species. I own other gendered constructs as well, but I was about 43 when I came into my brand of Femme. What being Femme translates into for me is a very Queer process and feeling. I was about 47 when spending a considerable amount of time reading forums discussions labeled Stone Femme, which helped me to explore what being Stone might mean to me and by the time I was 49, I came to see that I have more of a Stone side than I cared to admit to and I'm not saying that my feeling that I am Stone, in my own ways, is a bad thing. It's a good thing for me because of my long journey in finding out exactly what works for me as a Queer identifying Femme.

Owning Stone identity on the Femme spectrum is connected to what I prefer sexually. My preference is that I am the one who receives sexually initiated contact. I cannot experience acts of sexuality if it is expected that I would be the person to initiate in the way that a queer identifying Stone counterpart would. I am a willing Stone Femme bottom: This is how I fully submit within a sensual/sexual experience. The way my sexual counterpart penetrates me (intellectually, emotionally, viscerally, et al) gives me the greatest pleasure and causes me to have the most fulfilling encounter possible. I have a very deep need to be "filled" in ways that only a Stone identifying partner could give to me. It sends me into total orbit, allowing myself to experience sex this way, the only way I can fully experience our exchange of energy. However, as much as I can be a Stone Femme bottom, my sexual repertoire is a kaleidescope refracting prismatically all the possiblities of sexual pleasure yet discovered or well known.

However, other aspects of my personal makeup take on and exhibit other Stone qualities (boundaries, for example). To a certain degree, I am hyper-private about myself: Lots of people might say that they feel that they experience issues of privacy in all sorts of ways. But when I use the term private, I am saying that I enforce what the term private (or privacy) can mean in hyper-like ways. Like when it comes to disclosing aspects of my life or what preferences I have, as it pertains to particular sexual acts or acts of sensuality (in face-to-face encounters or in text). I trend toward dressing my expression with creative disclosureso that my ideas, or what I have to say, makes its appearance in subversive ways. I have to be in a certain frame of mind and have an established bond of trust in order to be able to even talk about things that are entirely very personal or might be connected to issues of past abuse.

My experiential views of abuse does inform my definition of Alpha. As well, my parents and family life on a rural dairy farm groomed my Alpha traits in peculiar ways. Similar to scientific study on alpha members of a dog pack, my place and role in my family sibling arrangement (second eldest, eldest female) took on the scope of alpha status because my parents innately recognized me as being their ‘brightest star’: Their ‘atom’ worth nurturing in their cosmic, organic, molecular arrangement (the constellation of us as siblings). Whether I wanted to comply or not, I was charged with the care of my siblings and entrusted with complicated decision making processes that only grown adults might take on willingly. It was, and still is, an “it is what it is” kind of thing. I took care of things; made sure our work got done, and delegated tasks and managed timelines so steep in learning skills that I swear my brain has suffered every step of the way since time first began for me! But every aspect of family life (the good, bad or downright ugly) prepared me for raising my sons and managing whatever life brings to me (past, present and future). It seems to me that any kind of suffering I endure drives the Alpha in me.

I’ve been in the online butch-femme community for almost nine years now and it’s taken me a lifetime (it would seem) to bloom: Presently, the dressing room fragrance of my evolutionary process smells like the essence of Stone Alpha Femme (Dragons Blood- my essential oil perfume fits me so perfectly).

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #76
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
When I think of a stone femme, I think of the individual you are portraying here. The assured confident woman that knows for sure and certain that she does not want to have any part with feminizing her stone butch partner. Ok allow me to kind of explain where my mind is going with this... As I mentioned in the stone butch thread, I had partners months and years later in our relationship ask for the unaskable... To me, and speaking strictly for myself, it makes me a bit uneasy and standoffish to hear a femme say that she is "open to anything." It kind of feels like there is room for options, but for me I am certain that there is absolutely, positively no options. I guess it's that trust thing and my past experiences that have me feeling like this. I just want to know that the femme I partner with is 100% certain. There is someone for everyone and just because I am strict with how I expect things to be does not mean that there are not different levels to the stone butch continuum. I am just saying that I am all the way to the far right on that continuum... like... back against the wall, no more space for further options, far right. I hope this does not offend anyone and how they perceive themselves to be... This is my own personal feeling about the stone butch that I am. And thank you for this thread and all your words on the topic... I am thoroughly enjoying it!!
First....
Thank you all for sharing on this topic. It is a blessing to be allowed to explore understanding through your experiences and thoughts.

Next...
I choose to quote stone4play because it speaks to my fear/concern... How does one explore their changing notions of themselves and sexual expression without hurting, pushing, disrespecting others in the process? I deeply do not want to hurt others in my deepening and awakening. I know it is a risk... so I continue to read and hope conversations will lead to clarity while limiting risk.

Further more... My understanding of boundaries, what I desire, really desire, in an intimate relationship are emerging as I learn the words for what I feel. As my pain illuminates what I want to be by being in contrast to how I am being. I feel like I can breath a bit knowing "stonefemme" is something I can define and refine. I am thrilled to know that being the receiver is pleasure for another. I strongly desire to be, not just submissive, a person that creates a place for one to be and receive them and have my enjoyment be their pleasure, a shared pleasure.

spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #77
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna8987 View Post
First....
Thank you all for sharing on this topic. It is a blessing to be allowed to explore understanding through your experiences and thoughts.

Next...
I choose to quote stone4play because it speaks to my fear/concern... How does one explore their changing notions of themselves and sexual expression without hurting, pushing, disrespecting others in the process? I deeply do not want to hurt others in my deepening and awakening. I know it is a risk... so I continue to read and hope conversations will lead to clarity while limiting risk.

Further more... My understanding of boundaries, what I desire, really desire, in an intimate relationship are emerging as I learn the words for what I feel. As my pain illuminates what I want to be by being in contrast to how I am being. I feel like I can breath a bit knowing "stonefemme" is something I can define and refine. I am thrilled to know that being the receiver is pleasure for another. I strongly desire to be, not just submissive, a person that creates a place for one to be and receive them and have my enjoyment be their pleasure, a shared pleasure.

Rereading my entry seems to give the impression that all I am after is an experienced stonefemme. Perhaps that is where I was in the moment of that entry but I have since come to realize that even I, as a stone butch, had to explore and experiment in order to know exactly what I was seeking and who I was. I liken it now unto an individual seeking a job... one cannot get a job if they do not have the experience, but they cannot get the experience if they do not have a job. I see now that yes, it is something that needs to be worked out (together) in order for both people to realize that they are stone compatible. Keeping an open mind, allows for an open heart, which in turn leaves the door open for all things possible... Thanks for your post Jenna
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

" I know it is a risk... so I continue to read and hope conversations will lead to clarity while limiting risk."

Well said as is your response in toto and other responses here. Self determination is necessarily linked to the freedom to do so without the worry of offense of pushback. It's gratifying to see folks feel free enough and supported enough to ruminate on and forge ahead with their identities. I think you speak to that and the environment it must be nurtured in as well. Your final sentence is exquisite. Thank you for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna8987 View Post
First....

Next...

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #79
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

SoNotHer you are very kind in your openness and complement. I will try to honor the environment here that nurtures us all.

This exploration, naming of what I want, who I am is very daunting. I haven't felt this nervous since the women's retreat where we stood naked in front of each other. And that was very exposing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
" I know it is a risk... so I continue to read and hope conversations will lead to clarity while limiting risk."

Well said as is your response in toto and other responses here. Self determination is necessarily linked to the freedom to do so without the worry of offense of pushback. It's gratifying to see folks feel free enough and supported enough to ruminate on and forge ahead with their identities. I think you speak to that and the environment it must be nurtured in as well. Your final sentence is exquisite. Thank you for the post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #80
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I am amazed by our (humans) capacity for growth. That when one is graced with an opportunity to see something a different way it becomes art. There is an art to our conversation about who we are and an art to how we choose to interact with each other.

I needed to read what you said, Stone4play, oh such a short time ago. It gives light to our connectedness in our explorations and need to not only be open but clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Rereading my entry seems to give the impression that all I am after is an experienced stonefemme. Perhaps that is where I was in the moment of that entry but I have since come to realize that even I, as a stone butch, had to explore and experiment in order to know exactly what I was seeking and who I was. I liken it now unto an individual seeking a job... one cannot get a job if they do not have the experience, but they cannot get the experience if they do not have a job. I see now that yes, it is something that needs to be worked out (together) in order for both people to realize that they are stone compatible. Keeping an open mind, allows for an open heart, which in turn leaves the door open for all things possible... Thanks for your post Jenna
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: