Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Your preaching to the choir! I don't know a soul who wants him to represent our city. I didn't like him from the beginning.

Unfortunately he's got quite the following.
What I found interesting was that these posts were being made in 2010. Prescient? You bet!
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #22
Rolo

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Rolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
What I found interesting was that these posts were being made in 2010. Prescient? You bet!
I just caught that now... Very interesting

Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rolo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #23
Wintermoon

How Do You Identify?:
Neutral
Relationship Status:
Solid

Wintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST ReputationWintermoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default fords a bum

OK,

There's something shady going on when:
1) A 2 year old bully in an addicts body with another Bully supporting him, can do anything they want, say anything they want, act anyway they want and still manage to be in office.

Brings back the old conversations about the Hells Angels and other gangs being in charge of the political and legal system enough that they can wander around free.

So , Who is supporting Ford as the other post stated, probably not immigrants (( the majority of Toronto)) unless its the Chinese mafia. Probably not law abiding working non drug using Canadians who have morals. Probably not the queer community. Probably not the Italian mafia ( they don't like people who pretend they have bigger body parts). So who has the real power?
Who is it this man relies on for protection and support to behave this way?

But the system kicks out prescription marijuana using Mounties. Go figure.
Wintermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wintermoon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermoon View Post
OK,

There's something shady going on when:
1) A 2 year old bully in an addicts body with another Bully supporting him, can do anything they want, say anything they want, act anyway they want and still manage to be in office.
Hmmmmmm, sounds like Chris Christie!

Ok, so things aren't clear yet on what happened, but the bullying part is for certain accurate!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #25
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Who voted for this idiot are the same people who are the 1%.
Despite all the hype the media represents of Toronto to the world, the city is very conservative (similar to republican).

His followers with $$$ push agendas and clearly can get away not being responsible to the public to which they serve. Plus sadly to their favour two things are happening;
1) People are complacent
2) They really aren't any 'shining' stars to replace him.

I am not a bleeding heart type myself, but I do think a little common sense will help in a big way.
Then again common sense is just not common anymore.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #26
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Who voted for this idiot are the same people who are the 1%.
Despite all the hype the media represents of Toronto to the world, the city is very conservative (similar to republican).

His followers with $$$ push agendas and clearly can get away not being responsible to the public to which they serve. Plus sadly to their favour two things are happening;
1) People are complacent
2) They really aren't any 'shining' stars to replace him.

I am not a bleeding heart type myself, but I do think a little common sense will help in a big way.
Then again common sense is just not common anymore.
If you'll forgive me, I'm not so sure.
If his constituency were the 1%, he'd never get elected.

I think he goes for a much wider constituency: he panders to the "little guy", the working poor, the "marginalised " and the prejudiced, people that hate all the "thems".

He's a classic demagogue. He never actually does anything for "the people" but he poses as their champion, as just another working stiff even though he's a multimillionaire. He hands out $20 bills when he visits a housing project for photo opportunities. With a wink and a nod, he makes reference to "Orientals being hard workers " and refuses to attend Pride .

Yes, he wants to slash taxes but I suspect the 1% wishes he would just disappear: not because they disagree with him but, rather, because he's become an embarrassing distraction on a wider stage and they'd like to get back to business.

Also, not to be forgotten, George Smitherman, his opponent, was gay. Toronto may host a huge Pride but the veneer is thin and not just amongst the 1%.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #27
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Yes he packaged himself well. And sold his BS to many (hence complacency amongst the masses). He needed the first layer- votes to win but the 1% are generally the decision and policy makers - this is not new. What is worrisome - the increasing disparity of between the extremes resulting in less support of and less criticism from the 98%. It took his embarrassing behaviour of 1% to generate action. The claims were there all along, but until it affected the ‘few’ nothing was done.

He sold a bag of goods (demagogue) and now the city is paying for it. Nothing new this happens with many politicians. George Smitherman another example if I recall correctly was responsible for implementing e-health system that was a disaster (I may have the specifics wrong - this was before I arrived to the city). I wouldn’t vote for Smitherman (something about his character), but for most people his lost was because he is gay. Nothing more. So much for having strong convictions or beliefs. It can be tossed just on premise of orientation. The Human condition.

I agree Toronto has a thin veneer. However more and more of that veneer is not being created or generated by the working class.

I don’t blame the man he got away with it as long as he has. No one to blame really but ourselves. Our system has become more about bureaucratic policies, then accountability. More short sight then long term view. This will repeat itself with whoever else is in power.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #28
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Holy crap, other people in Toronto here these days... lol

Anyways, was very happy to see Olivia Chow is now officially in the running. Hopefully we'll be rid of Ford for good after this election.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toronto