Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > Australia Forums

Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
femmebotdyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Usually she/her but ze/hir or other gender neutral pronouns are also perfectly acceptable
Relationship Status:
Single (and trying to look nonchalant about it)

femmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default In Melbourne...

Hi,
Just thought I'd mention that I'm from Melbourne and pretty new to the 'scene'. The prospect of turning up to one of the monthly events organised by ButchFemmeTrans Melbourne alone is pretty intimidating so I keep putting it off. Terrible, I know. It would be nice to meet some fellow Melbournians through this forums or, failing that, someone to give me a good a kick up the bum and encourage me to get involved!
femmebotdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmebotdyke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmebotdyke View Post
Hi,
Just thought I'd mention that I'm from Melbourne and pretty new to the 'scene'. The prospect of turning up to one of the monthly events organised by ButchFemmeTrans Melbourne alone is pretty intimidating so I keep putting it off. Terrible, I know. It would be nice to meet some fellow Melbournians through this forums or, failing that, someone to give me a good a kick up the bum and encourage me to get involved!
okay, here's the kick..
please come along, there are drinks this Sunday--pm me if you need details. I have just joined but it is a friendly group, hope to see you there!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
Botticelli64

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Botticelli64 is on a distinguished road

Hi there

I'm in Sydney but I understand the fear of going to an event on your own! I've been hiding away for a few years but a friend has recently adopted me and forced me to leave the house. It's scary, but worth it
Best of luck.
B
Old 07-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Dreamer

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Dreams do come true...

Thanked 4,233 Times in 949 Posts
Dreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST Reputation

All I can say is I know what you are going through. When I first discovered the b/f lifestyle it was not here in Australia but over in the states. I got to know people, firstly through sites like this and then I met them in person.. It is amazing, I have met a lot of people on this site in person and I have to say they are the most amazing group, they have helped me to grow and to be able to discover myself completely. So all I can say is whilst yes it is daunting if the Aussie scene (and I will admit to not knowing much about the Aussie scene even though I am here) is anything like what I discovered, then go and enjoy yourself. Let us know how you get on maybe next time my g/f comes over from the states we can drop in and say hi.
"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you have never lived before" ~Erich~
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

so,
above are three reasons why you should
If you don't, you will never know, and what is the worst that can happen? If you do end up going, it will be great to see you...
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to BFP!

Melbourne is a beautiful city, I would love to go back there again.

When I lived in London and we had a very active forum and a lot of social events every week (that were originated on the forums) - we would arrange "Hand Holds" for new people wanting to come out and join us.

A person (or people) who knew the crowd/the venue/the location would arrange to meet newbies at a specific time and location; and take them to the event, introducing them to a few people as they went along.

This was really really helpful for getting over that first hurdle of walking through the door and up to a group of people - on your own.

"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith" Margaret Shepherd
Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
Botticelli64

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Botticelli64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Welcome to BFP!

When I lived in London and we had a very active forum and a lot of social events every week (that were originated on the forums) - we would arrange "Hand Holds" for new people wanting to come out and join us.

A person (or people) who knew the crowd/the venue/the location would arrange to meet newbies at a specific time and location; and take them to the event, introducing them to a few people as they went along.

This was really really helpful for getting over that first hurdle of walking through the door and up to a group of people - on your own.

"Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith" Margaret Shepherd
Now THAT is an amazing and very thoughtful idea. I wish someone would do something like this in Sydney. I know there is a B/F community in Sydney but even though I joined the Femme Guild, it's still difficult to get into.
B
Old 07-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmebotdyke View Post
Hi,
hi again
Okay, so there is a Friday night BFT dinner coming up very soon, I would be more than happy to meet you first if you want to come along...
private message me if you like and I'll send you my email address
Old 09-05-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation

Hiya Aussie!

I have been a bit AWOL from bfp for a little bit, been busy with a new lover. But I am super excited because we are heading over to Melbourne (from Wellington NZ), and I just love the idea of being able to meet some of you Melbourne people in person and or attend any events!

Plus, any advice and general tips on the area would be very much appreciated, feel free to message me as well.