imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Personally? Yes, it is. Usually people are swept up in their ideas and ideals of others, rather than the reality of the other.

I think it will take someone a really long time to know if they want *all* of me. Because they won't know all of me till they spend a long time getting to know who the hell I am. And how I am with different people and different situations.

So, yes, I think is a very rare thing to come by. And even rarer to have it mutual.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2015, 10:21 AM   #182
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Recently... I am realizing how important it is to me that my partner and I are sexually compatible. This doesn't just mean... its good. It means common interests in the bedroom... my kink list is fast becoming part of the interview process.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:43 PM   #183
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

Honesty, integrity, a little vanity, and maybe a little humility would be nice... but I must say, sanity has to be at the top of the list.
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #184
Sammy583

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Working on it.

Sammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST ReputationSammy583 Has the BEST Reputation

In the future I will be looking for someone who is..
caring, honest, knows who they are, knows what they want in life, works for what they want, puts themselves and people they care about first in life.

Someone who can be serious at times it is needed but also someone who can handle my sarcasm and also has a sense of humor.

Someone who has dreams, passion and ambition.

Someone who is strong, will do what's needed to take care of themselves, me and us just as I always would as well.
Sammy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sammy583 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #185
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who can show their feelings, even if they are scared to death!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #186
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Someone who can show their feelings, even if they are scared to death!

< would fail miserably at that!

Not my strong point. 11 years in a culture where it's considered rude to be emotionally expressive (it's perceived that to do so is requiring those around you to cope with them) so I tend to keep my feelings to myself unless it's very private. However, I'm completely open and vocal about what I *think*

But those are two different things.

Good for you for knowing what you need in that regard!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #187
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who truly chooses to be in an interpersonal relationship with ME, and not just in a relationship to avoid being alone or whatever. I am not good "back burner" material.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #188
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Someone who truly chooses to be in an interpersonal relationship with ME, and not just in a relationship to avoid being alone or whatever. I am not good "back burner" material.

I know what you mean, who wants to be a place holder, what a poor investment of time.

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #189
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Oh you hit the nail on the head for another one that is on my list!

Albert Einstein
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2015, 04:22 AM   #190
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I do best with someone who is funny, horny, has self knowledge and is secure in themselves enough to take my need for independence and alone time, intelligence and having the ability to argue rationally helps a lot too

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #191
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Someone who can boil crawfish with me!!!! And who is not scared to get their hands pinched by them!

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #192
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned that sometimes you think you know all of what you want or need, until you actually have it. Then you discover even more you didn't know you needed as well as things that don't really matter after all. It can be a long list, but it evolves with good & bad experiences.

~ Someone who was genuinely my friend first
~ Differences that are complimentary or insignificant instead of destructive
~ A relationship that builds up instead of breaks down who I am - someone who brings me back home to the best of me
~ One that people who care about me the most think is right
~ Being with someone I deeply respect & admire
~ Being humbled by each other
~ Painful honesty & selflessness
~ Fears that melt away, instead of worsen
~ Believing in positive reinforcement instead of negative
~ Super strong communication that is effortless & mutually desired, daily
~ Trust that is easily earned & maintained
~ The same old-fashioned, old school values
~ A sense of humor that we sometimes can't control
~ Sharing nerdy little things in common as well as the major things
~ Perceiving flaws & mistakes with love instead of resentment
~ Someone who actively cares about their health on their own the same as me
~ Someone whose lifestyle naturally falls in line with mine
~ Dynamics that are so fulfilling & exciting :-)
~ Someone I absolutely always feel safe with ... always
~ Someone who has self control when it's needed
~ We make each other ridiculously happy over the most simple things in life
~ Someone who spoils me with love & care rather than material things
~ Someone who shows instead of tells
~ We make each other better & bring out the best in ourselves vs the worst
~ Routines & consistent structure that others would find boring
~ Someone who makes me look forward instead of backwards
~ The feeling of Christmas waking up to this person
~ Falling asleep together
~ Someone with whom I feel such a deep peace that surpasses even the greatest meditation there is
~ Someone who speaks at the same pace I do ... who happens to be born & raised where I was, in a place we both have wanted to settle in ... ok maybe this isn't a requirement lol I just got super lucky
~ Having a relationship we can't even imagine being without
~ Most importantly, we don't ever feel the need to want to change each other, because we're already so happy & healthy together as is

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #193
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mushy but true

Me-I can tolerate alot if I truly like this person i'm with..oh,there will be respect and boundaries between us..it's just I know there will be days where I do not like this person i'm with.The honeymood period for me lasts 6 months,tops,and then reality sets in and i'll find myself moving further and further away from someone.This is why I must have my time alone..that is a must.Sometimes I can be with the one I love for an hour,maybe one whole day,one week even.But after that...leave me,alone,plz.You don't have to share my beliefs,my politics,clothes style,ect..but we must be compatible partners in bed.Me and my gf lasted this long because we both like sex and sex is never boring between us.When I first met her she was shy about alot of things in the bedroom,over time she has learned to enjoy herself when she's with me,she can trust me to do her no harm.Point is,she enjoys sex.You don't have to be my best friend,either...live your own life,have your own friends,take off whenever you want to leave,but please call me and let me know that you are safe.Sometimes opposites attract..this is how I lean tolerance in my life..so the more different my partner is from me,the more I will learn..you must have a sense of humor about life,it's ups and downs...I say cry if you have to,and then come back and laugh about life once again.I am a shoulder to lean on,cry on,bite on..I never leave those I love in their time of need.Like it or not,I will be there to take care of you,cus,you're worth it.

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #194
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Sense of humor is a MUST! All the rest will sort itself out
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #195
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Want and need

I agree humor is a wonderful quality. I like silly, kind, sweet, and adventurous ladies. A lady that can go from gardening or a walk on the beach to a formal evening out would catch my eye. I enjoy good conversation about almost anything.

What I want is all of the above. What I need is minimal I am very independent.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #196
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Someone who is outsoorsy and advebturous is high on my list...

A sense of humor is a necessity. I laugh every day...even if its only at myself...

An excellent hugger/cuddler

The ability to cook wouldn't hurt... I prefer to bake rather than cook

Tidiness....goes a long...LONG way....

Brains above all else...and lots of them...
Old 11-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #197
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Someone to hang out and watch movies with

Someone to laugh in bed and have a bed picnic with

Someone to go to the European film festival with, the Particle physics lab tour, the science talks at the rail way club for a pint, go to the pub quiz on occasion, go out for sushi or a pic nic, go to the Turkish baths with, go to the B flicks movie theatre at the end of my street.

Go away on city breaks for 3-4 day long weekends, take a week off and go to Marakesh, rent a small cabin for a few days and go skinny dipping, read to each other, and banter while playing cards.

Lots of sex. Lots of laughs. Activities. Lazing about and good food.

I don't care what their house habits are like, or where they live or what they live in... Because I won't be living with them. So none of that stuff matters. I'm in it for the friendship, the companionship, the love, the sex and the time we share.
Not the domestic aspect. I rule my domestic home. And I'm not sharing. I will gladly worship them at theirs
Old 11-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #198
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Lately it seems those that I'm dating and/or meeting are looking more for a girl friend than a girlfriend. It seems they are more interested in hanging out and having someone to talk to, etc. And while that's all fine and well, it's absolutely not what I need in a relationship. Maybe it's my age group. I dunno. I so hope not. I need a good old fashioned butch/femme full on relationship that includes passion and excitement as well as companionship and comfort. Goddess, I hope I'm just in some kind of bad juju place and this is not the way it is or is going to be in my future. I couldn't bear that.

As for 'the list' - someone who is...
  • creative
  • independent
  • sexual
  • extremely witty
  • charming/old fashioned
  • grounded with spontaneous tendencies
I need a lot of attention when I need it and then a lot of space when I need that too. I'm so freaking hard to handle, it's insane so I need a lot of patience and sticktoitnivness. Yeah, that's what I need in a relationship, sticktoitniveness.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #199
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

I need someone who is able to "just know" when I want them to quietly hold me.

I also need someone who feels that the foundation of our relationship is bigger than just the two of us, but is also the structure for our future legacy.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 03:33 AM   #200
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Lately it seems those that I'm dating and/or meeting are looking more for a girl friend than a girlfriend. It seems they are more interested in hanging out and having someone to talk to, etc. And while that's all fine and well, it's absolutely not what I need in a relationship. Maybe it's my age group. I dunno. I so hope not. I need a good old fashioned butch/femme full on relationship that includes passion and excitement as well as companionship and comfort. Goddess, I hope I'm just in some kind of bad juju place and this is not the way it is or is going to be in my future. I couldn't bear that.

As for 'the list' - someone who is...
  • creative
  • independent
  • sexual
  • extremely witty
  • charming/old fashioned
  • grounded with spontaneous tendencies
I need a lot of attention when I need it and then a lot of space when I need that too. I'm so freaking hard to handle, it's insane so I need a lot of patience and sticktoitnivness. Yeah, that's what I need in a relationship, sticktoitniveness.
Vintage, we may want completely different things but I often feel like I am the only person in butch-femme land who wants what I do. Mostly I get people who want what I feel are rigid formulaic formal and stiff awkward (for me) dates that don't feel that treat me like an individual girl. Just a cut out gender representative to shovel fill in the blank formula romance on. And I feel invisible and sad rather than romanced.

It feel pretty much like I'm the only one that feels this way too.

I think it's a human condition to feel that way.

Tags
couples, love, relationship, relationships, single