The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 09-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #641
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #642
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #643
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #644
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #645
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #646
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #647
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I just got a casual blazer and two shirts in Target with army green slim fit chinos. I like the new Goodfellows men’s brand
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #648
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
I just got a casual blazer and two shirts in Target with army green slim fit chinos. I like the new Goodfellows men’s brand
Thanks for the heads up on Goodfellows! We don't have one here, but next time I either get back to the Midwest or over to Seattle I plan on checking it out..........
Old 09-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #649
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Let me just say...

I identity femme - and adore the butch who rocks a well cut suit. Hint of musky cologne, crisp shirt with a light touch of starch, sharp shoes.

Of course, the right butch makes whatever they're in work like magic. Could be shorts and a t-shirt...
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #650
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have struggled my whole life with finding clothes that fit. At a towering 5'4-1/2" (don't forget that 1/2!) most clothes that I like the color and texture of, read:men's, are always at least one size too big for me. If stores carry shirts, they go down to a 15/32, I'm 14/30, pants down to 32 long, I'm 30, shoes down to 8, I'm 7, you get the picture.

Tailors love me and I sometimes compromise by going to the boys dept for crappy quality and limited selection. Add the new "wrinkle" known as aging and it's kind of a mess. I no longer feel anything but silly in the stuff for the young guys, suits are kind of over now that I'm fully retired, where to wear those anymore?

I have to concede that I am no longer in my 20's, 30's, or 40's...

So I am entering the stage of trying to weather well and avoid the traps I've seen on others. This leaves the very murky and hard to guess "casual yet put together" age appropriate look.

I'm on the search for sources and thought I might share them along the way 'cause I'm guessing I'm not the only one around here who would rather be a silver fox that a tired looking 30's wannabe.

Due to stature I'm starting with The Modest man because he only does under 5'8" and he's scrawny too so gets the double whammy.

He has a YouTube channel that I have enjoyed for a year or so. A couple of my favorite articles from the start page are:

Shameless Rant: The clothing industry hates short men

Stop Wearing clothes That Don't fit your body

And one that really helps avoid wearing a butch watch and looking like I borrowed it from the 6'4" cousin; Watches for Small Wrists
This one got me to figure out that my wrists will never get bigger and I really should stick to 38mm watch cases, and there are some really good ones out there!

Anywho, I hope this helps other vertically challenged folks.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #651
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #652
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Source for folks of smaller stature.

Peter Manning is a clothier that makes clothes in smaller sizes from the ground up which makes a huge difference. I've had great finds and then trotted them off to the tailor for the obligatory sleeve shortening only to find that the collar is scaled too large or the pockets are too large or low. Starting with a different "last" < borrowing a phrase from shoe makers, can really change the appearance from altered to intentional.

They have size charts and graphs showing the difference. Not cheap, but not outrageous either, worth a look if it saves the cost and time expense of customizing to begin with.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #653
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

needed a suit for this weekend (although it may be too hot to wear). I am allergic to wool and can't wear anything that has wool (I jump out of my skin). Found a suit jacket and pants from Hager line at target for only $100.

Got a great knit preppy tie there too for casual wear. Target has become a dangerous place for this butch.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #654
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I have struggled my whole life with finding clothes that fit. At a towering 5'4-1/2" (don't forget that 1/2!) most clothes that I like the color and texture of, read:men's, are always at least one size too big for me. If stores carry shirts, they go down to a 15/32, I'm 14/30, pants down to 32 long, I'm 30, shoes down to 8, I'm 7, you get the picture.

Tailors love me and I sometimes compromise by going to the boys dept for crappy quality and limited selection. Add the new "wrinkle" known as aging and it's kind of a mess. I no longer feel anything but silly in the stuff for the young guys, suits are kind of over now that I'm fully retired, where to wear those anymore?

I have to concede that I am no longer in my 20's, 30's, or 40's...

So I am entering the stage of trying to weather well and avoid the traps I've seen on others. This leaves the very murky and hard to guess "casual yet put together" age appropriate look.

I'm on the search for sources and thought I might share them along the way 'cause I'm guessing I'm not the only one around here who would rather be a silver fox that a tired looking 30's wannabe.

Due to stature I'm starting with The Modest man because he only does under 5'8" and he's scrawny too so gets the double whammy.

He has a YouTube channel that I have enjoyed for a year or so. A couple of my favorite articles from the start page are:

Shameless Rant: The clothing industry hates short men

Stop Wearing clothes That Don't fit your body

And one that really helps avoid wearing a butch watch and looking like I borrowed it from the 6'4" cousin; Watches for Small Wrists
This one got me to figure out that my wrists will never get bigger and I really should stick to 38mm watch cases, and there are some really good ones out there!

Anywho, I hope this helps other vertically challenged folks.

I have the same issue with clothes, I am 4'10" but a big guy. The waists fit me but not always the length and the straight leg doesn't work for me, but boot cut does but only for my western jeans, which are women's. I gave up on wearing guys jeans, but shorts I love men's shorts. LOL I think jeans are the only thing of men's I don't wear except well the chesticle holder but that wont be there if I have anything to do about it, soon.

If I come across anything for us short guys I will let ya know, however thank you for the links you provided.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #655
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #656
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 12:06 AM   #657
Toska

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine of Center
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her. I'll let a "he/him/sir" slide every now and then.
Relationship Status:
Single; not looking.

Toska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST ReputationToska Has the BEST Reputation

I can really relate with the folks in this thread who've had a hell of a time finding mens clothing for shorter and/or husky builds. One place I've been able to find these rare sizes (without having to step foot inside a tailor's shop) is eBay. Where else could I find pants with a 25" inseam that I didn't have to get hemmed myself?

I got this blazer of off eBay knowing little more than the tag size (a somewhat uncommon 46S) and the chest and length measurements. It fits pretty good, considering.

I just thought it would be nice to wear something other than a cardigan or sweater vest whenever I go to some place special (theater, gala, concert, what have you). I like that the blazer's style is simple enough that you can dress it up or down.

What would you guys recommend I wear this blazer with? And when?
Toska is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toska For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 04:33 AM   #658
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #659
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 09-22-2018, 04:39 AM   #660
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status: