Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #61
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default I know this was already posted... but I just had to repost...it's in my head now!

Please note Daddy Max's album cover in this video!!

I have been deep in nostalgia lately!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #62
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm, considering what would happen if I were to actually leap??
but definitely les

*waves to all*
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #63
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
L-E-S-B-I-A-N spells me
Skipping gaily through this thread to say unequivocally, I'm a lesbian, dyke, gay, bulldagger. Some people call this form of queer "butch".

ETA: I wrote this merely 3 days ago because I thought Bully had started a thread to help identify and/or acknowledge those who are lesbians on the site. And yeah, I'll post this everyday if I have to.

I don't want to, though. All this skipping and gaiety is exhausting.
LOL! I LOVE IT
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #64
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

heh, i like the title of the thread, reminds me of my early days out. *subscribing*
Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #65
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

*Smiling* Still, 18 years later, out and proud lesbian (and I'm not afraid to leap either!! Just as long as everyone moves safely out of the way first!)
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #66
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation

I was wondering where all the lesbians were. Wish there were a few more. And, I'm not sure where they all went. There used to be lots of 'em.

And, yep, I came out as a lesbian at 19 still proud to be a big ole butch one.
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #67
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to remember one of the Leaping Lesbians who began in 1945 writing and serving for the lgbtq community. She wrote the very first lesbian magazine ( even before " The Ladder" ) call " Vice Versa"...She also helped in writing The Ladder.

The link below show this as well as more info of what she has done.

Click link below to see info.

http://www.queermusicheritage.us/jun2004lb.html

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #68
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader View Post
I was wondering where all the lesbians were. Wish there were a few more. And, I'm not sure where they all went. There used to be lots of 'em.

And, yep, I came out as a lesbian at 19 still proud to be a big ole butch one.
*Waves!*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #69
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Black Lesbians Matter

“Black Lesbian Matters,” report is a quantitative study on the Black lesbian community. The creation of this report was a year long process of developing the survey, conducting focus groups, and finally writing the report. This report, “Black Lesbians Matter,” is an examination of the unique experiences, perspectives, and priorities for the Black Lesbian Community, and has been our most rewarding accomplishment as of yet. The report focuses on five key priorities: Aging, Health, Identity, Family, and Invisibility. We thank all the contributors and funders that made this study come to life.

Francine Ramsey, Executive Director of Zuna Institute says, "This report is the result of year long process, and will lay the foundation for constructive dialog and the creation of an effective collection of strategies that will address the needs of the Black Lesbian community."

Report Published in July 2010
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #70
Chazz

How Do You Identify?:
cisBUTCH
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey
Relationship Status:
Single - gave up the farce

Chazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST Reputation

Butch lesbian
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chazz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #71
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I have been an Out Lesbian for 27 years....though I enjoy the term Dyke more than "Lesbian".

I have, however, never been into most "Women's" music...and my knees preclude leaping today...and most days.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #72
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm still here and as Lesbian as ever!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #73
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Not feeling it too much culturally these days either. Not sure why. Maybe cause i can't leap anymore either.

But, of course, i am a big ole lesbo.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #74
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Went to see Tret Fure last weekend. We have a pretty active folk scene around here, so we see woman like Holly Near and Cris Williamson every year or so. It's a treat. Last week's performance brought out about 100 women, mostly over 50, but some younger, which was nice. It was a really good show, but I could feel how tired she was. I, for one, love being out among "the lesbians." I feel like I'm at home with my people. Corny as that sounds.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #75
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Big ole GRATEFUL lesbian here. I had a serious accident last month and my communities of mostly lesbian, mostly biker friends rallied to support me in ways that made my head spin. When they ask me what I need I keep saying that all my needs have been met before I know I have them.

This is the lesbian community at it's best. Just like we imagined it. No, this isn't the narcotics talking. I may have been premature, but I already stopped taking them. Lesbians rock.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #76
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Big ole GRATEFUL lesbian here. I had a serious accident last month and my communities of mostly lesbian, mostly biker friends rallied to support me in ways that made my head spin. When they ask me what I need I keep saying that all my needs have been met before I know I have them.

This is the lesbian community at it's best. Just like we imagined it. No, this isn't the narcotics talking. I may have been premature, but I already stopped taking them. Lesbians rock.

Big ole is pushing it, talking about you! Wishing you the very best! What a great testimonial!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #77
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I love my lesbians.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #78
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I'm still here and as Lesbian as ever!

Me too, but this leaping thing has gotten me into trouble
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #79
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I sense a theme... lotta lesbians, not much leaping.

Not much of a leaper here... 26" legs and all...

I prefer Dyke, dangerously dorky dyke, if I want to get technical
The triple D... not breast size that's only a dd, but hey what is a dangerously dorky dyke to do??

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #80
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Can I just step up without leaping? Have anyone here actually seen the height of the heels I wear? lol Ok, I am a lesbian, ultra femme for those keeping score at home.