Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #581
girl_dee
Cajun baby

How Do You Identify?:
The luckiest femme alive!
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
♡ head over heels ♡

Thanked 51,660 Times in 12,917 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

chicken salad! i forgot about how much i like it. !!!

i use zucchini chips to scoop it up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #582
Kätzchen
<<< ❤ >>>

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Friendship Only (Single)

Thanked 21,590 Times in 7,040 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I came across these in Walmart and I really like them.

I've tried the following flavors:

– Creamy Peanut Butter
– Crunch Peanut Butter
– Brownie Crunch
– Lemon Delight

Most of them have 20g Protein and 2 to 3g Net Carbs and most of them use artificial sweeteners.

I can get them for about $1.10 a bar at Walmart.

They're very handy when I don't want to make something for breakfast or when I have craving for something sweet.

On the most part, they're tasty and filling and I'm losing weight with them in my diet.
I happened to find these bars on sale at my favorite grocery store last week and bought an month's supply of about four or five flavors. I like the Peanut butter chocolate crunch bar, the most. And the fact that the bars are free of sugar, is great!

Thanks so much for the post about Think Thin Bars, Orema.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #583
*Anya*

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,030 Times in 7,144 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Magic Pill

The title is misleading.

It isn't about pills at all but outlines the damage high carbohydrate/low fat diets have done to our health. It does discuss the benefits of a ketogenic diet.

Good documentary on Netflix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...voting for a vulgar talking yam because he makes you feel good about hating all the right people is a very stupid way of deciding who should be president"

Charles P. Pierce~
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #584
*Anya*

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I tried a recipe tonight for Keto Banana walnut bread.

It was easy to make and very good. There are other recipes on the website I will try soon. I would like to try some pumpkin muffins some time.

KETO BANANA WALNUT BREAD
Ingredients

3 Medium Bananas
2 Cups Almond Flour
3 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350
Grease loaf pan using coconut oil
Cut up bananas
Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix on high until well combined
Pour mix into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes

I had thrown out my loaf pan as it was peeling and had forgotten to get a new one so I used an 8x8 cake pan instead. It required about 40 minutes of baking

The following nutrition info is for the loaf pan and I will use my best judgment on my proportions for the 8x8.

Keto Banana Walnut Bread Recipe: Nutrition
For one serving (makes 10 servings)

Calories: 269

Total Fat: 22g
Cholesterol: 63mg
Sodium: 147mg
Potassium: 46mg
Carbohydrates: 15g – 4g Fiber = 11 Net Carbs
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars: 7g ( from the bananas)
Protein: 8g

~Washington Post

"...voting for a vulgar talking yam because he makes you feel good about hating all the right people is a very stupid way of deciding who should be president"

Charles P. Pierce~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #585
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 22

Thanked 3,626 Times in 835 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I was not aware that bananas were keto in any fashion.. although that recipe sounds delish!
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM   #586
*Anya*

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I was not aware that bananas were keto in any fashion.. although that recipe sounds delish!
I guess I trusted the recipe instead of figuring it out for myself but your post got me thinking!

A banana has 24 net carbs each if I would sit and eat one but the 3 bananas in this recipe, total of 72 net carbs, divided by 10 servings, came out (and I am bad at math!) to 7.2 net carbs . I didn't figure out where her other 4 carbs came from, I'll go with her total.

The recipe has 11.2 net carbs per serving (when cut into 10 pieces).

I don't stick to 20 net carbs a day. That is too hard for me. 30-40 is what I aim for within my total macros.

I am not in the induction phase which is much more rigid about total net carbs.

~Washington Post

Charles P. Pierce~
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #587
Kätzchen
<<< ❤ >>>

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Friendship Only (Single)

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yum, yum, Anya, thanks for the Keto Banana Bread recipe!! I often come by Jesse's thread to read back on favorite recipes and ideas. Happy Sunday to everyone here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #588
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 22

Thanked 3,626 Times in 835 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I would totally make that recipe Anya, however I would substitute the banana for zucchini and add a little Splenda... or even rhubarb and strawberry blend... bananas are one of the highest sugar fruits.

Last edited by Breathless; Yesterday at 12:27 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #589
charley

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Splenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I would totally make that recipe Anya, however I would substitute the banana for zucchini and add a little Splenda... or even rhubarb and strawberry blend... bananas are one of the highest sugar fruits.
I have read quite a bit online about the dangers of Splenda, there are too many links online about possibilities of Cancer, etc. for me to post them. If you must use a sweetener, try Stevia or Truvia, or even cane sugar.
there is nothing, and there is everything

(chuckle each time there is the seeing of that)

charley is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #590
Kätzchen
<<< ❤ >>>

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Friendship Only (Single)

Default Sugar is Toxic (Medical study report in TIME magazine)

I don't have an proverbial horse in the race concerning sugar, but here's what I know:

Sugar, that is sugar produced from cane or beets, is highly toxic. The only sugar I'm allowed to have, per my doctor and registered dietician (r.d.), is raw stevia --- which is an plant based sugar, with low glycemic index impact.

Not only is sugar the proverbial devil, but foods that break down into sugar in your bloodstream is toxic too. Foods like certain breads, rices, dairy products, etc.

I get my bread fix by having Sesame Tahini sticks.

I can't have dairy products, so I use nut based milks or plant milk, or Cashewgurt. None of the aforementioned taste like dairy products, but when you're in an all out war on foods that convert to sugar in your bloodstream, taste becomes a tiny factor you can set aside, when choosing not to succumb to diabetes.

I'm not diabetic, but I could easily become diabetic by not staying away from dairy products, breads, pasta, rice or even meat. I get my protein from plants and nuts and supplements recommended by my doctor and r.d./nutritionist.

I can have one third of an banana sliced up on my salad, once a week. Twice is pushing it.

But, seeking your doctor's advice and following an dietary menu created by your own medical staff consultant (in my case, she is both an registered dietician and nutritionist ) is often the best way to find out what will work best for you.

Anyhooo.... here's an article I found about sugar, published fairly recently (2015), in TIME magazine.

LINK: http://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-def...ew-study-says/

Also, eta, here's an well written article by an Ph.D. who is an Diabetic 1 and his blog article which talks about the difference between refined sugar and naturally occurring sugars in fruits. There's also an fantastic 100+ page PDF, toward the end of his article which is an terrific guide and resource

LINK: https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/2...ig-difference/

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo