Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Femme Caves!

Do you have a Femme cave? You know, a room or area in your house that is yours and only yours? What do you do there? What's in it?

Describe your Femmecave, whether it be a craft room, sewing room, or even a little nest where you like to knit!

Femme caves rock!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
Vivacious1

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken

3 Highscores

Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I do love this thread!!!

My femme cave is my bedroom. My favorite things reside here! My bed of course, the best sheets I can find (luxurious bedding is a must) seeing that napping and bedtime are a favorite of mine. I have beautiful framed pictures that are all sentimemtal in some way, whether given to me or a "find". My jewelry box that stays close to my bed (which indicates it's importance, lol) filled with things that have been given to me, either by people that have been in my life or passed down from my mom or grandmother. My treadmill of course because when I wake up it speaks to me (get on me) sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't. I can't forget my 5 foot tall giraffee that I scored at a furniture store that was closing down. (her name is Gertrude, yes I am insane) and let me not leave out my closet with lots of beautiful clothes and shoes which are truly things I cherish. Some are recent buys and some are not, some fit and some don't.... they are like family!!! So, in summary, my bedroom is truly my oasis and I have created a place that makes me feel happy and peaceful.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking I shit you not.

Besides the man cubs room, garage and laundry room.. The whole house is my cave..

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i just got a new chair and rearranged my femme cave in my bedroom slash office! i'll try to take pics soon.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

No!! I wish. I have a 4 bedroom house with only 2 of the rooms occupied... This is giving me ideas! I would love to start sewing and designing clothes again! Rawr.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Someday I WILL have a room just for my crafts and little projects!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
DanzAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
TBD by how I know you.
Relationship Status:
Single

DanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Femme corner... almost a cave

Right now my bedroom is in such a state of dissaray, that I certainly would call it a cave, but not a femme cave. I have carved out a corner in the living room for a femme office/writer's corner which I'll keep. Then if my room survives the planned napalming, I'll take pictures of my brand new world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Renaissance Femme: the world thru the lense of a femme leatherdyke - http://therenaissancefemme.wordpress.com/

The Delicious Experience - Eco-Adventure Tours & Retreats for all budgets.
DanzAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DanzAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I guess my whole house is my femmecave, even though it is shared with a teenage grrlchild. But caverooms have different purposes.

Most used room is my kitchen/cave. Fashioned after a 50s diner with black and white checker floor, black and chrome pub table, photos of Elvis, Lucille Ball, etc. Small tabletop juke box. All red accents of appliances and vintage cherry curtains. Stove is original 1945 Gibson to tie it all up. I spend most of my time in that room.

My library is my more quiet cave. One solid wall floor to ceiling shelving of books (mine and my daughters) and another wall with a big hutch filled with games/activities. Rolltop desk to the side.

My bedroom is the other quiet cave (The love shack) I built it into the attic. It's nice buttery cream color, hardwood floor, soft lighting. Large window/wall looking over a river. I don't keep much in there. The bed, which is wicked cozy, one dresser, a nightstand.

I love my house/cave.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Ang

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Ang Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST ReputationAng Has the BEST Reputation

My femme cave is actually my balcony. I live in a small condo but I have a huge balcony and I make the most of it.

I have wood tile covering the cement for the flooring. On one side, I have a bar type table with two high chairs so I can sit and have a coffee while looking out at the lake. On the other end, I have a two seater, with a coffee table.

I've put up star lights along the length of the sliding glass doors as well as lights on the 'trees'. There's a small side table with a collection of candles. In the warmer months, I have numerous plants, flowers, herbs and sometimes veggies growing.

I go out onto the balcony every day at some point throughout the day. Winter, summer, spring and fall. I love my view and I've made it into a lovely little piece of heaven.
Ang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Dances with prairie dogs.

Well, I'm seriously blessed and I thank my lucky stars every day!

I'm one who gets the whole house too. I'm enjoying it because I'm just taking my time getting things the way I want them.
After my international breakup, a year and a half ago, most of my few belongings are still either in Italy or in a storage container in Maryland. So, I'm kinda just taking things slowly.
I'm the only captain of this ship, bitches! wooo hoo

I live next door to my mom in a circa 1950's hand made, cinderblock house on the prairie of the Northern Chihuahua desert. It's got sandy pink concrete floors, matching sandy pink plaster walls, deep brown and aquamarine curtains, ancient plumbing, and a red fiberglass kitchen countertop. (That's getting changed this year!)

My femme cave is all about living in complete peace and quiet, that is, until I crank up the music and dance around.

I have a simple desk and chair set up in front of a large picture window where I write and play on the Planet, and eat lots of .

I help my mom out with the odd bit here and there but what's nice is I really don't have to do shit for anyone but me and the doggie.

<---- prairie dog. Mini takes up very little real estate has been the truest of friends. She completes my femme cave.

I have all the important things: lots of searing hot water and an old, but decent, ceramic-coated bathtub a cushy reclining chair, good sheets on the bed, good coffee to drink and good books and I've recently been watching a TV series out of Australia called McLeod's Daughters.

I do, from time to time, get a gob of freshfrom my neighbor about a mile from here.

It is my sanctuary and is all about relaxing, that is, until I'm on the road again in search of my next project or headed out to reunion!!!

Viva la Femme!
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

My next apartment will be all to myself. I guess then there's no need for a "cave" per se.

Maybe someday I will get to a place where I can share a home and life with somebody who is compatible.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have a room that is in between the two bedrooms. It is my cave. I have all my crafts in there, some horse tack, and my desk. Also a loveseat, a bookcase and my wall has my special photos and painting on them. I can sit at my desk and look outside my window, and see my garden, and the beautiful pergola of grapes, and the fence line of trumpet vines. I have a tart warmer that is filled with my latest whim. I am about to pull up the old shag carpeting and let the old wood floor breath once again.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #13
pamcat

How Do You Identify?:
Leo girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/my friend/
Relationship Status:
coasting along, having fun

pamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have a room that is in between the two bedrooms. It is my cave. I have all my crafts in there, some horse tack, and my desk. Also a loveseat, a bookcase and my wall has my special photos and painting on them. I can sit at my desk and look outside my window, and see my garden, and the beautiful pergola of grapes, and the fence line of trumpet vines. I have a tart warmer that is filled with my latest whim. I am about to pull up the old shag carpeting and let the old wood floor breath once again.
I also have a place to myself which I love. I have three bedrooms, and each one has its own personality and decor and depending on how I'm feeling will determine which room I might spend some time in. This varies from very 'old world', big wooden bed with a floral counterpane and lots of big pillows and gentle pictures on the walls, to another room with a bright bed cover, minnie mouse and cartoon sketches on the wall, and the thrid bedroom with a big bookcase, lots of my favourite books, and pictures of my family and dogs. And then I have the best patio in the world, that overlooks a golf course, has a myriad of different birds visit everyday, a mob of kangaroos that hang about the back fence looking for a treat, and a bar-b-q, plants and my music box to just kick back and relax after work. So I guess my whole home is my femme cave, different rooms for different moods.
pamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pamcat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My entire home is my Femme Cave but I have some pretty specific spaces that are super mine.
I converted one of our bedrooms into an office/craft space and I LOVE spending time in there in my little "me-cave".

Jackhammer painted the walls a deep aubergine:

and it's trimmed out with a cool cream:

She also laid a gorgeous industrial floor in fireside oak:

My cave is a combination office/craft room/sewing space/geek nest. There is a long industrial restaurant table and lots of shelves and Jackhammer reworked the closet in that room by putting lots of deep shelves from floor to ceiling.
I also found a really huge (and heavy!) lateral file at a yard sale for $10 (brand new!!!) and it fit nicely under the shortest shelf in the closet. It made it really nice for organizing all of my papers and it locks! WEE!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #15
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Until last June I had my own place and the whole thing was my Femme cave. It was decorated just for me. Lots of colour, lots of art and pretty things and my bedroom was my favourite cozy nook. Since June I have been living the Gypsy life so I have not had a space of my own.

But now...

I will have my own studio in the house. I have it all planned out. I am a messy abstract painter and the floor is hardwood so I need to lay a roll of lino over top which I will cover in a canvas tarp. The walls have to be covered in plastic (think Dexter). It will have my painting table and a cupboard with all my supplies in it, the cupboard must have a door as I am messy when I paint but I hate messy in my space. I asked my GF to watch out for a large industrial kitchen tray holder thingy so I could stack canvases flat to dry in a small space, and excitement, today she is going to auction to get me one (or at least try).

The room is not huge, but big enough and it has a gorgeous big window which is great, light is so important to me. This will be my hideaway in our small little house and I can close the door and be protected from dog tails... and hair. Who knew short haired dogs shed so much? And those tails, they are dangerous, I have gotten bruises when they get all excited and start whipping them around and Labs get excited... all the time and about everything.

I am very excited about my new little Femme cave.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #16
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

At this point in time I live in a two-bedroom condo. My cave area is the spare bedroom which has a built-in desk. I keep craft and knitting/crocheting items within reach. I have a large screened TV and the computer set up. I use the bed for chilling and creating with yarn; I use the desk for the computer and small crafts (think altoid tins). I generally have fresh flowers from the market sitting in a vase. Mostly, I just chill with classical music but I've been know to sing along with folk singers. I have a lot of quiet and peace in my cave. I like it!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
falloutmk

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ze, Zir, or She, her, ect if needed.
Relationship Status:
Single, Poly, and happy.

falloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputation

I only really have one room that is my space with my decorations since I still live between my parents and grandparents house. BUT, my room I have is an my gender fluid cave. You see I'm always feminine in personality but I bind sometimes and go gay boy out if I'm taking the bus or doing drag around town.

My place is a femme cave though just with some gender fluid aspects There are wigs, cute clothes, cuter false eyelashes, and an earthy goddess feel to my room complete with the room smelling like, "Orange Shadow," incense.
falloutmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to falloutmk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know that I have an actual cave carved out for just me, but in the spare bedroom/family room is where I keep my crafting goodies and yarn. I went a little crazy before the holidays and my yarn collection quadrupled. I am going to make a series of cubes to store it so I can stand back and admire all the gorgeous colors. <le sigh>

Someday I would love to get a sewing machine, and then I will want to have more of a femme cave because I will be sewing the world a cute frock or two.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

When I got this 1-bedroom apartment almost 2 years ago, it was my first time living on my own without family, friends or a partner. It was going to be my femmecave, for sure.

I started with my bed, nightstand, dresser, 1950s green recliner from my great-grandmother, an exercise ball, my bookcase and books, my clothes and kitchenware. Through donations from my godmothers, Kijiji, careful shopping and some help from friends, I've fleshed out this place into a shabby chic haven.

I have paper bunting made from vintage books, ribbon and washi tape on the walls. I have a batik scarf framing a print. I have a pinup girls calendar over the fuse panel in the kitchen. I have random posters all over. I have vintage hats on top of my television. I have a 1940s gramophone cabinet which I still try, in vain, to fix. I have my bass either propped up in a corner or lying on the rug after a sweaty, hand-blistery practice session. It is MARVELLOUS.

But now M has moved in. Hy brought no furniture whatsoever, but we had to play closet Tetris to get hys storage stuff in. There is now a bit more laundry (hy's a city bus driver, so all hy wears is uniforms, whereas I am a clothes pig.) I had to get a shoe rack. All minimal changes. Besides... hy brought a Wii.

And despite the overwhelming girliness of the place, I can still walk in after an errand and barely notice hym lying on the couch with a device or book - hy blends in nicely. Maybe the finishing touch on my femmecave was a guy?

genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #20
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

My whole apartment is my femme cave.

It was hard leaving my lover's house (harder to stay there, of course), so to keep myself strong I treated myself to a lot of new things—turquoise faux-velvet curtains and matching pillow shams, also deep reds, and a few other things that make me feel good.

My gold leather love seat and arm chair took a beating at her house (the kid acted out once, grinding his gritty shoe soles into the couch seat, and the housekeeper cleaned them with goo-gone, long story), but they survived, a bit shabbier for wear, as was most of my stuff.

We all made it out, I guess I'm saying. I have my few chunks of furniture, and my 10 x 18 black-and-oatmeal low-pile wool rug that looks great with the gold and turquoise. I have the oval formica-and-chrome kitchen table my sweet boyfriend in college gave me, matching chrome chairs, and a large red-and-grey braided rug I had made a long time ago for my and N's kitchen that looks incredibly good with them.

I feel soothed when I walk in the door. I sit in the big armchair facing the windows and there's a balcony with a 9th-floor view of roof tops and trees. At night I can see what first looks like a star, but turns out to be a jet coming in to LaGuardia every minute or so. You can't hear them, but the big, flickering star that expands as it gets closer at night makes me feel good for some reason. I feel lucky to be here. Yeah, this is my cave.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: