Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 02-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Darlings, Please pay attention to the elections. We are under attack this year. Please vote against it.

Normally I am a person who says. "Vote for whomever you choose ... just vote! " This year I am saying: "The Republicans candidates are using queers as a tool to manipulate emotions of people on the right. (consevatives, tea party, ultra conservatives for example.) get registered to vote, and vote against them!"

Romney speaks at CPAC convention
"During my term in office, our conservative values also came under attack. Less than a year after I took office, the state’s supreme court inexplicably found a right to same-sex marriage in the constitution written by John Adams. I presume he’d be surprised. I fought to have a stay on that decision then pushed for a marriage amendment to our constitution. We lost by only one vote in the legislature. And I successfully prohibited out-of-state couples from coming to our state to get married and then going home. On my watch, we fought hard and prevented Massachusetts from becoming the Las Vegas of gay marriage.

"When I am president, I will defend the Defense of Marriage Act. And I will fight for an amendment to our constitution that defines marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.

Rick Santorum on DADT and DOMA

Newt Gingrich at CPAC Yesterday

This is one of the scariest speeches I have ever heard - from one of the scariest politicians in my life time, and with the current republican field that is saying a lot.

Newt Gingrich on gay rights movement

There is so much at stake this year. Please pay attention, and as the election process goes on, please share your opinions and info.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Important to not only vote, but if you have time, volunteer in local campaigns. Our visability as part of the electorate is needed.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 pieces of dirt on Santorum

Karen Santorum's past: Let it go
Her pre-Rick relationship has nothing to do with his presidential campaign
Sunday, January 22, 2012
By Sally Kalson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
There are plenty of reasons to lodge charges of hypocrisy against Republican candidates for president. But in the case of Rick Santorum, his wife's past is not one of them.
Karen Santorum's former life recently made national news in the form of a story by Nancy Hass of The Daily Beast and Newsweek. While in her 20s, the former Karen Garver lived for six years with Tom Allen, one of the region's pioneering abortion doctors, 40 years her senior.
This has been well-known for decades to many people in Pittsburgh, including reporters. But it never circulated in print here, probably because it was regarded more as gossip than relevant information.
Still, it was only a matter of time until the scrutiny of a national campaign brought out this chapter of Mrs. Santorum's life in a more public way. Now that it's happened, it is no more germane to her husband's presidential aspirations than it ever was -- even though some opponents say her story undercuts his anti-abortion bona fides. That's a desperate and ridiculous charge, indicative of the tenuous hold on reality shared by some on the right-wing fringe whose votes Mr. Santorum is courting.
I don't believe there's anything hypocritical about Mrs. Santorum revising her abortion views. If anything, her story demonstrates the extent to which people can and do change over time. That doesn't make them insincere. It makes them human. But if her current view is legitimate, so was her former view. So this isn't as black and white as her husband insists.
There are many things to attack in Mr. Santorum's record, but those are not the things his fellow conservatives care about. He's threatened to bomb Iran, insisted there is no right to privacy in the Constitution and gamed the system in 2004 by billing the Penn Hills school district for $100,000 of his children's cyber school tuition even though the family actually lived in Virginia. That was a telling moment for a fiscal conservative who rails against government waste and fraud, but in a GOP primary battle over the title of Most Extreme, some would rather pile on his wife than his record.
Mrs. Santorum's story may not mean much, but it's still fascinating. Karen Garver, one of 12 children born into a staunch Catholic family, was for much of the 1980s the live-in partner of Tom Allen, a divorced obstetrician with six grown children of his own. She was 22 and a nursing student at Duquesne University. He was 63, a friend of her pediatrician father, and actually delivered her in 1960.
Long before Roe vs. Wade made abortion legal, Dr. Allen had helped establish the "therapeutic abortion" clinic at Magee-Womens Hospital, where women could end their pregnancies under the care of a doctor instead of a hack.
"Karen was a lovely girl, very intelligent and sweet," Dr. Allen, now 92, told Newsweek. "Karen had no problems with what I did for a living. We never really discussed it."
Mary and Herbert Greenberg, longtime friends of Dr. Allen, said that Ms. Garver seemed perfectly comfortable with the subject of abortion, even offering to accompany Mrs. Greenberg to an abortion clinic when the latter wanted to end a pregnancy. "She told me it wasn't that bad, that I shouldn't be worried," said Mrs. Greenberg. "She was very supportive."
Ms. Garver's parents strongly disapproved of the relationship, but it persisted for six years. She worked as a neonatal nurse for a while, then went to law school at the University of Pittsburgh. In 1988 the couple broke up because Ms. Garver wanted children. She got a summer internship at Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, where Mr. Santorum practiced law. They married in 1990 and began having children right away. He ran for Congress, and the rest of his zealous anti-abortion record is well- known.
Ceci Sommers, who knew Ms. Garver and Dr. Allen well, sent an email saying that she disagrees with Mr. Santorum's politics but has no doubts about Mrs. Santorum's sincerity.
"Her devotion to children and babies is genuine," Ms. Sommers wrote. "She came to me once and said she just couldn't take working in the neonatal nursery at Magee anymore as it just tore her up when they died."
Maybe Karen Santorum is a woman given to extremes, moving from a strict Catholic upbringing to cohabitation with a prominent liberal and then marriage to his ideological opposite. Then again, maybe she was simply living out a youthful rebellion before returning to the fold. That might even help her in some circles. Evangelicals especially love penitents who see the error of their ways.
Based on what we see of Mrs. Santorum now as a wife and mother who has home-schooled all seven of the couple's children, there is no reason to doubt her commitment to the strict Catholic code she and her husband espouse, objecting to birth control and abortion for any reason, including rape, incest and the health of the mother.
This last point, though, poses a problem. Mrs. Santorum had a difficult pregnancy in 1996 and the couple say they decided to induce premature labor to save Mrs. Santorum's life (some critics have likened this to a second-trimester abortion, but the Santorums deny any similarity). In any case, the baby died, and Mrs. Santorum wrote about it in her 1998 book "Letters to Gabriel."
That very personal decision was theirs to make. Other women deserve the same right without some politician looking up their hospital gowns. Two days after the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, it's important to remember that. Karen Santorum is entitled to a change of heart on the issue, but millions of American women still want and need abortion rights as much as ever.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not sure why the above piece was labeled as '2 pieces of dirt on Santorum'. The article is about his wife. I'm not a big fan of dragging the wife (husband) and kids into political campaigns...whether it's the press or the candidates doing the dragging.

Every one of the Republican candidates is a hypocrite....

The part about inducing labor in one of her pregnancies is not a problem. My understanding is the fetus was dead and that's why they induced labor. I don't believe anti-choice folks think that is an abortion as there is no viable fetus. The sick and twisted part of that story is them taking the dead fetus on a road trip (with their other children) to see the grandparents. They named the dead fetus and had a funeral for it if I remember correctly.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rick Santorum: Gay is a behavioral issue

This is Rick Santorum's explanation of his response to the gay soldier who asked via Satelite from Iraq if Santorum would reinstate DADT if he is elected president.
Smooches,
Keri

Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Default I keep telling you Rick Santorum is dangerous!!!

First of all, as usual he is misquoting Obama, secondly he is attacking the american dream and the ass holes in the audience are applauding him. Bush 1 wanted to be known as the education president- does Santorum want to be known as the anti-education president?
Smooches,
Keri
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Holy cow......college professors are trying to indocrinate our children....to what, better opportunities? This guy is truly frightening. Is he suggesting that our entire country just have blue collar workers? Has he looked at any of the unemployment statistics? I'm curious, does he have children? Have they gone to college? There's nothing wrong with being a blue collar worker, I am one, but, this is all the youth of today should aspire to? Who will teach the children, provide healthcare for the children, and so on and so on, of the blue collar workers? Bizarre.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

What is puzzling to me is the idea that blue collar workers do not go to college or vocational technical schools. It says education beyond high school is not part of the 'american dream' for some of us. It says education beyond high school is not needed to get a blue collar job. American companies are always saying the work force is uneducated and there are not enough skilled workers for the new economy.

Here is a list of the top 10 blue collar jobs and every one of them requires some kind of training/education beyond high school. Vocational technical training will get you a college degree (an associate degree..2 yrs) or some kind of certification. Is that not higher education?

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article...e-Collar-Jobs/
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
What is puzzling to me is the idea that blue collar workers do not go to college or vocational technical schools. It says education beyond high school is not part of the 'american dream' for some of us. It says education beyond high school is not needed to get a blue collar job. American companies are always saying the work force is uneducated and there are not enough skilled workers for the new economy.

Here is a list of the top 10 blue collar jobs and every one of them requires some kind of training/education beyond high school. Vocational technical training will get you a college degree (an associate degree..2 yrs) or some kind of certification. Is that not higher education?

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article...e-Collar-Jobs/

Um...are you using logic and facts to support your statement?? That's not what this campaign is about!! Quit trying to undermine America!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Default Please pay attention UNBELIEVEABLE things are happening this year!!!

AZ Introduces Bill Allowing Employers to Fire Women for Using Contraception

Posted by Kevin Farrell on Mar 14, 2012 in Genital Warfare | 10 comments
Share461

The Senate Judiciary Committee voted 6-2 Monday to endorse a controversial bill that would allow Arizona employers the right to deny health insurance coverage for contraceptives based on religious objections.
Arizona House Bill 2625, authored by Majority Whip Debbie Lesko, R-Glendale, would permit employers to ask their employees for proof of medical prescription if they seek contraceptives for non-reproductive purposes, such as hormone control or acne treatment.
“I believe we live in America. We don’t live in the Soviet Union,” Lesko said. “So, government should not be telling the organizations or mom and pop employers to do something against their moral beliefs.”

It all sounds rather condescending and Arizonish when you put it like that, but there’s more to this bill than meets the eye.
Arizona is an at-will employment state, which means bosses can fire you just because. The type of employer who wishes to deny women access to contraception unless absolutely medically required to do so (think ovarian cysts) is the type of employer that may give women a pink slip for failing to provide medical records showing a non-birth control necessity for well, birth control.
In short, if your boss objects to you taking the pill, under Arizona House Bill 2625 your boss is protected by the law in terminating your employment.
Jezebel’s Erin Gloria Ryan has a fantastic piece up explaining this all far better than I’m able to. (Because I’m leaving for the airport, not because I lack ovaries.) Go read it.
Please, dear readers, make a giant stink about this. Share this. Spread the word. The war on women in our country is bizarre and real and very much happening. Attention gays, stand up for the women standing up for you.
How is this real life?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: