Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

I too work in law enforcement, have for 5 years.

Let me first start by saying.....just because we put on a badge, does NOT make us perfect! Yes, we are held to a higher standard, looked upon as "perfection", but when I go home at night, take off my duty belt, and step out of my uniform, I am just like YOU! Human!

I agree, some officers cross the line. Sadly, they are the ones who get the media, the recognition, the generalization for the rest of us...bad. I am sure there are a LOT less articles, videos, etc of officers who do above and beyond our job each and every day. And what about those officers and their families who make the ultimate sacrifice and are killed while protecting and serving??

As Bard pointed out, several videos show only the footage they Want you to see. Do you know what happened Before the camera "turned on"? Do you know the stress? Do you know if that officers life was endangered??

I would welcome Anyone to attend some of our training sessions. Learn the Use of Force continum that we model after. Be put into the dangers of the job daily..and Then pass judgement. Yes we are trained, we are suppose to live to a higher standard, but no amount of training will "take over" natural instincts when your life is being threatened.

As for Taser..when it is used properly, it is, in my opinion, one of the best defenses we have on the market. In our department, we are required to be tased in order to carry. Yes, I was tased! I carry it! I use it! It has saved my ass several times! I encourage you to look at all the continuing research that Taser has posted on their site..www.taser.com.

I am sure if you asked my partner or Bard's, they would tell you what it is like each and everyday to kiss us good bye, and know that there is a chance we won't come back home.

Again, I by all means am NOT condoning the actions of theses officers, but I'm giving u the perspective of an officer.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #22
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
I am a Law Enforcement Officer have been for 10 plus years and I am the daughter of a Cop as well. My dad did not want me to follow in his foot steps he said it is a job that you see the worst in people and that you can become hard and cynical. Some become a cop for power some for money it is a steady job and some do it because sometimes you can make a difference. I did it to make a difference I don't often get to. yes I know there are those in my profession who "shit" on their badge and they need to be held accountable and removed. but there are many more of us just doing the job and at a cost our family's know when they kiss us goodbye it could be the last time. some of the footage that is aired is edited to show from one point and may not tell the whole story.
I understand that not all cops are bad and you guys do see some messed up stuff that would affect even the most grounded person. But please explain to me a situation where it would be necessary for 5 cops to beat down an unarmed citizen or mace someone in the face if they are not a danger to you?

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #23
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder, as former Law Enforcement, when I got up and put my uniform on I retained my humanity, I did not become above the law of these United States that I swore to uphold. If I were to be tazed today I could very well die due to having a couple of electrodes attached to my spine. Nothing is gained IMO by pepper spraying women and children, it doesn't de-escalate, a protest. No amount of roughing up 74 year old Veterans makes the streets safer, zip tying people who are airing their grievances with their government is not necessary when people are using only the voice they were born with. Law Enforcement is not above the law, no matter how much training one has.
I stand with the 99%
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #24
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

To me it would not you have to use the force continuum in how you respond use the least or equal amount of force used against you. I don't know because I was not there. But one argument I have hears from people is " he just had a knife why did they shoot." well it only takes seconds for that knife to be in your chest. again lots of those video clips only show part of the incident. did you know most cops are killed in the line of duty when preforming a simple traffic stop, or that a domestic call is something we are scared as hell of
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #25
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation
Default MSNBC on NYPD Police Brutality during Occupy Wall Street protests last month

atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #26
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

This is bullshit he didn't even go to an emergency. It's just a power trip. Crazy people should not be allowed to be cops.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
This is bullshit he didn't even go to an emergency. It's just a power trip. Crazy people should not be allowed to be cops.
I agree. This is more about road rage. Imagine if it was your mother in the back of that ambulance
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #28
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

The laws in Australia are different to the US ... just wondering if the Wall st. people could have the officers involved charged with assault?

Last edited by Midnight; 10-23-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling!
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
The laws in Australia are different to the US ... just wondering if the Wall st. people could have the officers involved charged with assault?
They could, however proving it in a court of law is difficult and without having ones life turned into flavor of the minute for the media. You see here in the US cops get away with murder, literally. So pouncing on peoples liberty and rights is a daily abuse. We as a country gave up habius corpus so we could catch some terrorists. Funny now they are dead and so are our rights.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #30
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
They could try and probably have, but as Lawrence O'Donnell said, they won't face any real punishments. Police brutality is underreported by the news media and isn't part of the national conversation. It won't be unless something horrifically egregious happens, for the media to pick up on it.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #31
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Police Pepper Spray Haka Dancers At Football Game In Utah , HuffPo.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #32
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

I can only speak for my department and it is a small one but if a complaint is made it is investigated and most of the time the officer is guilty untill they are proven innocent. as a supervisor I have to investigate and I look at all sides I have to if my officer is ut of bounds I sure as hell don't want them on my squad. granted we have not had a brutality complaint. but I can tell you I was investigated once on how I took a male down because he claimed to much force.. untill the chief saw the bruises on my thigh where he had grabbed me after resisting another officer.
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #33
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Daze View Post
I too work in law enforcement, have for 5 years.

Let me first start by saying.....just because we put on a badge, does NOT make us perfect! Yes, we are held to a higher standard, looked upon as "perfection", but when I go home at night, take off my duty belt, and step out of my uniform, I am just like YOU! Human!

I agree, some officers cross the line. Sadly, they are the ones who get the media, the recognition, the generalization for the rest of us...bad. I am sure there are a LOT less articles, videos, etc of officers who do above and beyond our job each and every day. And what about those officers and their families who make the ultimate sacrifice and are killed while protecting and serving??

As Bard pointed out, several videos show only the footage they Want you to see. Do you know what happened Before the camera "turned on"? Do you know the stress? Do you know if that officers life was endangered??

I would welcome Anyone to attend some of our training sessions. Learn the Use of Force continum that we model after. Be put into the dangers of the job daily..and Then pass judgement. Yes we are trained, we are suppose to live to a higher standard, but no amount of training will "take over" natural instincts when your life is being threatened.

As for Taser..when it is used properly, it is, in my opinion, one of the best defenses we have on the market. In our department, we are required to be tased in order to carry. Yes, I was tased! I carry it! I use it! It has saved my ass several times! I encourage you to look at all the continuing research that Taser has posted on their site..www.taser.com.

I am sure if you asked my partner or Bard's, they would tell you what it is like each and everyday to kiss us good bye, and know that there is a chance we won't come back home.

Again, I by all means am NOT condoning the actions of theses officers, but I'm giving u the perspective of an officer.
There have been quite a few cases here in CA that are examples of what you and bard are talking about- what was the full context of the incident? I don't think it is fair to show one portion of what was going on and to be honest, it isn't right for the media to blast these tapes until they have been checked out and without full details. Probably not much can be done about this and to me, it could be media misconduct- irresponsibility in reporting. As a citizen, I want the true facts and the whole story.

Some of these situations here have led to officer's being disciplined (or even to criminal charges and fired) because the internal investigations did see that there was misconduct.

I remember seeing s program about how some police departments have had "innocent" people get hurt while they are trying to act and those people had been hurt do to the interference of someone trying to videotape what was going on and got in the way or distracted the officers and they missed things like a weapon being drawn and shots fired that hit just someone in a neighborhood who came outside to see what was going on or hit through a window, perhaps just out taking a jog or run. Or an officer is hit. Always two sides to a story.

These images bother me, but I also know that they may not be the whole story. If it is shown that an officer (s) are doing wrong, then they should be prosecuted or disciplined by their superiors. And if someone gets an innocent person (or officer) hurt or killed because they are totally focused on a video tape and have no official capacity in being part of an arrest, let's say, they ought to be held accountable. No, I would not want to be partnered or married to a cop- it is a very dangerous job.

I do see the positive side to tasers, but I hope police departments are given all of the facts by manufacturers.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #34
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
I just wanted to point out..."crazy" people are Everywhere and no matter all the steps and precautions a company, a department, a squad take..the crazies get thru! Personally, I went through a written test, verbal test, 2 board interviews, extensive background check, 10 references called, ALL work history verified, fingerprinted, polygraphed, drug screen (hair), drug screen (urine), a physical, a fitness test, firearms training, taser training, pepperspray training (and yes, I was tased AND sprayed) , and a 3 month long academy...AND I elected to become CIT certified.....do you know any other profession this thorough?

So let me tell you about the Back Page, 2 paragraph article in todays paper that reads: soldier shoots off duty cop. Happened in Colorado yesterday. Yes, one of our military soldiers sat as a Bait, pretending to be stranded, and shot an OFF duty officer who stopped to offer help and killed him. This officer did Not have to stop, he Chose to because he is a good guy, he honored his badge..and what did he get? A small little article on the back page, I'm sure that will bring his family comfort at night.

See...not all "crazies" can be weeded out...even in our military
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #35
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Lol...Wow, pure ignorance. Apparently, these lovely officers of the law have never watched an All-Blacks match.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote