Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
Ugh, what am I doing wrong with youTube videos?

http://youtu.be/nE_Ve8a_Kes
You just want to copy this piece of the address: nE_Ve8a_Kes

Then highlight it and hit the "YouTube" icon up top:

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #22
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Nat.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #23
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

have to say I admire Maddow a LOT!! Looking foreward to her and richard Engels upcoming special on the US decade of war in the first decade of the 21st Century.

Really like some that some of her regular analysts have new shows like Melissa V. Harris-Perry (buying her new book, Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America soon).

I hated the blog criticisms of her partner- digs at her weight by mofo politics- but what could we expect?

It feels good to have a butch woman being just as she is on a news program that millions watch.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #24
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I love that she has a fat partner. It gives me hope.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
You just want to copy this piece of the address: nE_Ve8a_Kes

Then highlight it and hit the "YouTube" icon up top:

OK, you all have convinced me that I should not think the booze segments are a bad influence. She really does seem like a connoisseur! And she looks like a natch behind the bar, too.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #26
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rant - Sorry!

Maddow,

I hate when you aren't on. I don't care who fills in for you, it bugs the heck out of me that you guys don't post that you'll have a guest host on the show in advance. At least then I would be prepared and be able to decide whether or not to stop what I'm doing to come in to see you.

You're my current dyke pop icon and I'm sorry, but Chris Hayes, Melissa Harris-Perry or whomever, just don't cut it. I can watch any old political pundit at any time.

I choose to stop what I'm doing to watch you because you're a butch dyke political pundit with brains and a progressive mind and a clear, simple way of articulating complex ideas on a major tv channel.

I'm sure the femmes have additional items on their list of reasons for watching you, and I bet they are just as disappointed when you're not on.

Heck, I'd serioulsy rather watch repeats of you on the show than a guest host...unless you can get Barney Frank to sit in. OK, maybe Mariska Hargitay would be acceptable, too, on occasion.

And yet another vacation? WTH?

Kindly work more and vacation less.

:|
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #27
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

I like Melissa Harris-Perry because in a way, I feel like she's the only regular MSNBC pundit who can match Rachel in the smarts department. I love her brain, but I don't want to take a tumble with her, if you know what I mean.

I miss the days when Rachel would have Ana Marie Cox on the show because the flirting between them was so hot and not at all subtle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 12:57 AM   #28
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

Default Maddow/Cox flirtations...

This one's better...

The Following User Says Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #29
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I like Melissa Harris-Perry because in a way, I feel like she's the only regular MSNBC pundit who can match Rachel in the smarts department. I love her brain, but I don't want to take a tumble with her, if you know what I mean.

I miss the days when Rachel would have Ana Marie Cox on the show because the flirting between them was so hot and not at all subtle.

OMG-Maddow is actually blushing with Ana Marie Cox!! I love it. Thanks for posting, :)

Last edited by Reader; 08-31-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #30
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Smile

Quote:

Oh, I LIKE Melissa Harris-Perry, very much....as a guest. I just don't like anyone else as a guest host. Since I hardly watch any tv, and I actually stop what I am doing sometimes to go to the tv and put Maddow on, I get bummed when it isn't her.

When I see that her goofy, nerd self is off fishing with her Dad again, while I am home in Jersey waiting to be entertained after a long, hard day in the sand box, I get cranky. Well, OK....maybe part of that could also be because my own Dad inconsiderately left the planet before I was ready for him to do so.

PS-I obviously actually think she deserves a ton more money, staff and vacations. I think it is great when she mentions Susan, her dog, her parents and little stuff from her dyke life. To me that's part of the charm of seeing one of my own up there on the "tv machine". ;)
Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #31
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

I swear I hope they run this ad (from another thread) on Maddow! Just to see her be RED in the face all night.

I say we petition msnbc and k-y to make it happen.

Can you imagine? She would be mortified!

Oh, make it so k-y goddess.

Other thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...62&postcount=1
Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #32
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

LOL!! I LOVE Maddow! Did you see her incredulous attitude, and eye brow raise after Chris Matthews interviewd Santorum after the Repub debate?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #33
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

She's looking good in those ads for MSNBC. No girling her up in those.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #34
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
She's looking good in those ads for MSNBC. No girling her up in those.
Link, please?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #35
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Link, please?
http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...the-hoover-dam
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #36
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Thanks. I don't get MSNBC at home. (Because my cable company put it in a "bundle" with FOX News and I'm not willing to buy Fox in order to get MSNBC)
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #37
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Her entire show is available as a podcast. I only do the audio, but the video is available too through the itunes store for free (you just gotta search Maddow).

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #38
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Her entire show is available as a podcast. I only do the audio, but the video is available too through the itunes store for free (you just gotta search Maddow).
Not the whole show, alas.

You can get it streaming live here -- not pretty and you have to watch some chat to the right -- but

http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b2714.htm
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love it when Maddow steps away from her desk sometimes during a show and has on her 501s and sneakers and not some matching pants that go with the top she has on. Nothing more comfy than mega-washed and worn 501s!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #40
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
I watch her on the msnbc website every day. I just have never seen the commercials she is in, is all.

(true story: I don't even know what a podcast IS.)